Beckett Message Boards
Wild Card Points Cards - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Wild Card Points Cards (/thread-1618892.html)

Pages: 1 2

Wild Card Points Cards - ZSDOne - 10-23-2020

Panini is now just intentionally messing with collectors, right?

https://www.paniniamerica.net/blog/some-cards-are-about-to-get-wild-in-panini-americas-new-2020-xr-football/

What is next "Mystery Redemptions where you enter in and could get anything from a base card from Score of an UDFA rookie who didn't even make a practice squad to a 1/1 National Treasures Tom Brady/Joe Montana Dual Autograph"?

How about the Panini Mystery Box - for the low, low, low price of $1000 you get between 10 to 50 cards which can come from any Panini product from any year and "may include autographs, memorabilia, or numbered cards"?

RE: Wild Card Points Cards - rjcj2017 - 10-23-2020

Good Lord some competition would do wonders for them.

I am praying that Topps and Upper Deck get their licenses back.

RE: Wild Card Points Cards - ZSDOne - 10-23-2020

rjcj2017 Wrote:Good Lord some competition would do wonders for them.

I am praying that Topps and Upper Deck get their licenses back.
They might as well just start packing actual lottery tickets in packs - maybe you get cards, maybe you get nothing

RE: Wild Card Points Cards - savagenate - 10-23-2020

Slightly off topic here, but the NFL might be in trouble. They are alienating huge chunks of their fanbases and "Extra" income areas. Whether it politics, or moving into their licensing, their choices are killing everything. EA sports got the exclusive rights for simulation football, and put out the worst game in a decade, and that's saying a lot. It's disgustingly broken from everything I've seen, and they have done nothing to change it. It was trending on twitter lol. Same with cards now. Exclusive to Panini, and they are wrecking it. If the NFL doesn't learn fast, they are going to really be hurting in the pocket book. Sure, lots of people will continue to buy/play/watch/go to their stuff, but it's going to be smaller than it was. Competition is great for innovation and prices...they need to figure that out!

RE: Wild Card Points Cards - jplarson - 10-23-2020

Per Panini's blog (emphasis mine):

Quote:Indeed, randomly inserted throughout 2020 XR Football are Wild Card Points cards that must be redeemed before collectors know exactly how many points they’re holding. Point values are randomly distributed across the run but know this: Point values within the Wild Card Points program range from 150 to 15,000 — but there’s only one way to find out.

Odds:
150 points = 95%
250 points = 3%
600 points = 1.5%
900 points = 0.3%
1200 points = 0.19999999999999999999999%
15,000 points = only 1

Great way to keep the aftermarket from being able to sell these and allowing interested collector's from amassing enough points to get something decent off their site.  Keeps their costs down and bones collectors out of another avenue to try and do something decent with missing hits.

ZSDOne Wrote:They might as well just start packing actual lottery tickets in packs - maybe you get cards, maybe you get nothing
Or a redemption for a carton of smokes or something.

RE: Wild Card Points Cards - dogger99 - 10-23-2020

Not that I would ever buy a high end product like National Treasures, etc., but I would be royally pi$$ed if I got a 150 point card instead of a hit. High end products should have a high minimum for points.

dogger99 Wrote:Not that I would ever buy a high end product like National Treasures, etc., but I would be royally pi$$ed if I got a 150 point card instead of a hit.  High end products should have a high minimum for points.
Or no points, being high end and what not.

dogger99 Wrote:Not that I would ever buy a high end product like National Treasures, etc., but I would be royally pi$$ed if I got a 150 point card instead of a hit.  High end products should have a high minimum for points.

I have reached the point where I get upset if I get a 150 points card out of a retail fat pack

Even 400 Points cards have reached the point where they essentially have negative value (although with the way Prizsm Basketball has gotten so nutty valuewise, maybe that Priszm Silver Prizsm Dominique Wilkins auto I picked up for 400 points and $3.18 shipping and handling was actually worth it)

rjcj2017 Wrote:Or a redemption for a carton of smokes or something.

This card enables holder to receive the contents of the Panini Dumpster - you pay for shipping