Beckett Message Boards
Lucky day at Target - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Lucky day at Target (/thread-1618772.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Lucky day at Target - mmahoney - 10-07-2020

Took a chance and went to Target by my work today.  I have found a few things on the shelves there over the past several months.  Today I got lucky as the card lady was there stocking when I got there.  Lots of Ginter which I was not interested in (unless that would have been all that was there then I would have probably had to scratch the itch with that).  A handful of Chronicles baseball blasters and a good amount of Stadium Club cello and tons of hangers and cellos of Donruss football.  Starting talking to her about my luck and she said there was a line of about a dozen people waiting for her to unload.  Sounds like they were there mostly for Mosaic football.  We talked about the sharks and I told her I was just a collector and happy I was going to be able to purchase a few things to actually open for myself.  Took two Chronicles blasters and 4 SC cellos.  Was then weighing my options on a few football just for fun (big Alabama and Tua fan and have tried a few times to get a rookie but no luck) when another guy came up and asked about Mosaic football.  I said there was none but then she said she had not put it all out because she hated to see it all go to the sharks.  I said I'd be interested and she took out 2 mega boxes of Mosaic and handed one to each of us.  My day has been made and I am looking forward to doing some actual ripping tonight.

RE: Lucky day at Target - rjcj2017 - 10-07-2020

Wow, that's great.

Our stores do nothing and let the Doosh Bag Network have its way with the new product.

RE: Lucky day at Target - zeprock - 10-07-2020

Nice! Nothing but cobwebs is all I've found.

RE: Lucky day at Target - rjcj2017 - 10-07-2020

zeprock Wrote:Nice! Nothing but cobwebs is all I've found.
And, well, Pokemon and Star Wars.

RE: Lucky day at Target - kerryandbeth - 10-07-2020

"Minnesota Nice" strikes again!

RE: Lucky day at Target - jbissell - 10-08-2020

The lack of sports cards in big box stores here in Des Moines actually made the news. They interviewed an LCS owner on the south side of Des Moines who said the lack of cards at Wal Mart and Target was a result of people being home due to COVID and starting a new hobby.

I really dont buy that. That may account for some of the increased demand, but the primary reason for the scarcity is the "Sharks" as RJ calls them.

RE: Lucky day at Target - ZSDOne - 10-08-2020

jbissell Wrote:The lack of sports cards in big box stores here in Des Moines actually made the news. They interviewed an LCS owner on the south side of Des Moines who said the lack of cards at Wal Mart and Target was a result of people being home due to COVID and starting a new hobby.

Wouldn't that lead to more cards on the shelves?

RE: Lucky day at Target - jbissell - 10-08-2020

ZSDOne Wrote:Wouldn't that lead to more cards on the shelves?
You would think. However, I think there is a group of people who just snag them up immediately once they hit the shelves.

RE: Lucky day at Target - rjcj2017 - 10-08-2020

jbissell Wrote:You would think. However, I think there is a group of people who just snag them up immediately once they hit the shelves.
Yes, please see my DBN report for why this is actually happening.

That card shop owner has his head in his a--.

RE: Lucky day at Target - mmahoney - 10-09-2020

kerryandbeth Wrote:"Minnesota Nice" strikes again!
Except for this was in Lombard, IL.