Beckett Message Boards
So, what's new? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: So, what's new? (/thread-1617050.html)

Pages: 1 2

So, what's new? - mouschi3 - 04-10-2020

Hey guys! It has been quite a while since I've logged on in here. Things have been pretty wild in my neck of the woods ... I've been slowing getting some Canseco cards I loved back into my collection, dove into vintage & newer graded psa rookies, sold virtually everything, and bought some other vintage cards. It has been a wild ride and am enjoying every minute of it.

How about you? What crazy things have happened in your collecting life over the past year?

RE: So, what's new? - jbissell - 04-10-2020

I dont think I conversed with you too much when you were here more frequently. Always enjoyed your posts!

As for me, this past year has been, by far, my most productive from a hobby standpoint. The simple reason for this is that I started trading on here, and ended up getting tons of cards I never thought Id be able to obtain. Its been fun!

RE: So, what's new? - mouschi3 - 04-12-2020

(04-10-2020, 10:13 AM)jbissell Wrote: I dont think I conversed with you too much when you were here more frequently. Always enjoyed your posts!

As for me, this past year has been, by far, my most productive from a hobby standpoint. The simple reason for this is that I started trading on here, and ended up getting tons of cards I never thought Id be able to obtain. Its been fun!

Very cool - congratulations and continued success!

RE: So, what's new? - kerryandbeth - 04-12-2020

Tanner, we have never traded or chatted on this site too much but your name came up during some online breaks with SportsBoxBreaks and I have seen your website and Canseco "stuff".

I hit my 600th trade here in 2020 and continue to try and deep discount items for others to enjoy. It seems like caution is strong when it comes to getting a deal, even with an honest, well-established trader (if it seems to good to be true, it must not be true).

Otherwise, I look forward to getting my first taste of Bowman Sterling in August (pre-ordered) and continuing to cut down my PC available for trade.

RE: So, what's new? - crazyforkinsler5 - 04-12-2020

I just came back as well after a few years' hiatus. Just trying to see if it's worth paying to be a member here or not. I have been putting cards into my ORG, but haven't made any trades yet. People say I have nothing in my ORG they're interested in, yet I've got pretty much everything except GUd and autos, which I don't collect either of.

I've been following you, Tanner, on other sites. Your stuff is always fun to read and look at. Glad you've had a good year.

RE: So, what's new? - mouschi3 - 04-13-2020

@kerryandbeth that is quite an accomplishment - 600 trades online?! I really do think trading is a lost art with many. Like many, I too am cautious about trading with people I'm not sure about. I've heard far too many horror stories, but when something lines up, it is amazing.

@crazyforkinsler5 welcome back! Make sure you hit some of the Facebook groups like Baseball Cards Keeping it realest and Keep it Real ... they are always buzzing with activity.

RE: So, what's new? - kerryandbeth - 04-13-2020

(04-13-2020, 08:49 AM)mouschi3 Wrote: @kerryandbeth that is quite an accomplishment - 600 trades online?! I really do think trading is a lost art with many. Like many, I too am cautious about trading with people I'm not sure about. I've heard far too many horror stories, but when something lines up, it is amazing.

Yes, trading online feels like a gamble at times since we have no idea who really is on the other side, but with 605 trades I have had only 1 really bad experience and 3 others that I would have liked to reverse due to card condition. Not bad at all!

RE: So, what's new? - ThomasAA23 - 04-14-2020

Welcome back to the site! I just started up on the site again about a month ago to get back into trading, also just got back into the hobby again within the last year.

I just read your article on your website about meeting Canseco, what a story! It sounds like a truly amazing moment.

RE: So, what's new? - 7whodey - 04-15-2020

Hey. I don't think we have ever talked either, but I just got back into collecting after being off for several years. I collect Barry Larkin and other Cincinnati Reds. I have been picking up several Larkins lately and just added another 1/1 from eBay.

FYI - I just was in a 2020 Topps Tribute break on Dave and Adams' Card World. I have a Canseco auto coming to me......

(04-10-2020, 09:40 AM)mouschi3 Wrote: Hey guys! It has been quite a while since I've logged on in here. Things have been pretty wild in my neck of the woods ... I've been slowing getting some Canseco cards I loved back into my collection, dove into vintage & newer graded psa rookies, sold virtually everything, and bought some other vintage cards. It has been a wild ride and am enjoying every minute of it.

How about you? What crazy things have happened in your collecting life over the past year?

RE: So, what's new? - mouschi3 - 04-16-2020

@ThomasAA23 and @7whodey - welcome back to the hobby, guys! Thanks for the kind words and I wish you both the best!