Beckett Message Boards
New notification - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: New notification (/thread-1614455.html)

New notification - jack pfiester - 05-17-2019

Has anybody tried or seen the new notification settings you can create for individual cards? It is beyond annoying.

First off, you can't select cards directly from Organize, you have to look them up in the database.

Second, the notification "bell" is right next to the icon you click to add a card to Organize and this has tripped me up several times.

I would rather developers at Beckett spend time cleaning up the existing database then add new bells and whistles (no pun intended!)

RE: New notification - pjrussell529 - 05-18-2019

I don't really see a need for it and I agree they need to fix other things. Like pricing on the 2017 Heritage Action Judge pricing. Not that I'm looking to sell or trade it but if I do it's not going to be for $20 when they sell in the $200-$300 range.

Or maybe update the checklist on the Topps online stuff. I have Topps Living and Throwback Thursday cards that on in the database yet I have had them for a couple weeks. At some point they will get tucked in a box and I will forget about them.

RE: New notification - jack pfiester - 05-19-2019

(05-18-2019, 09:26 PM)pjrussell529 Wrote: I don't really see a need for it and I agree they need to fix other things. Like pricing on the 2017 Heritage Action Judge pricing. Not that I'm looking to sell or trade it but if I do it's not going to be for $20 when they sell in the $200-$300 range.

Or maybe update the checklist on the Topps online stuff. I have Topps Living and Throwback Thursday cards that on in the database yet I have had them for a couple weeks. At some point they will get tucked in a box and I will forget about them.

It's amazing how many cards in my Organize have an N/A for price. Really inexcusable for any set/card!

RE: New notification - garrisc - 05-19-2019

(05-19-2019, 01:43 AM)jack pfiester Wrote: It's amazing how many cards in my Organize have an N/A for price. Really inexcusable for any set/card!

I spoke to a customer service rep. about this and he did not want to hear about it. Just the standard "it is all about the marketplace" - this is not an accurate statement if you look around the marketplace. Also ignoring the online cards (Topps Now, Living, and the rest) is a mistake.

RE: New notification - yankee98 - 05-19-2019

(05-19-2019, 05:42 AM)garrisc Wrote: I spoke to a customer service rep. about this and he did not want to hear about it. Just the standard "it is all about the marketplace" - this is not an accurate statement if you look around the marketplace. Also ignoring the online cards (Topps Now, Living, and the rest) is a mistake.

Topps Now, Living, etc are in Organize, but the prices lag well behind. And some of the peripherals around Topps Now (like Road to Opening Day) don't list for several months.

RE: New notification - pjrussell529 - 05-20-2019

(05-19-2019, 08:12 AM)yankee98 Wrote: Topps Now, Living, etc are in Organize, but the prices lag well behind. And some of the peripherals around Topps Now (like Road to Opening Day) don't list for several months.

Actually Topps Living is 7 weeks behind and Throwback Thursday is way behind as well. Personally I don't care about pricing I would just like to get them in my org.