Beckett Message Boards
Rule Change - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Racing (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Rule Change (/thread-1613573.html)

Rule Change - wilsonsportscards - 02-04-2019

I like this. I have always felt is was not fair that a team could cheat, win the race, be fined, loose points, suspend crew chiefs, but got to keep the win.

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2019/02/04/nascar-rules-disqualification-2019-inspection-track/
I was thinking about this more. I would even be fine if they went the other way. Less rules, build your fastest car and show up at the track. Only problem is teams with a lot of money will win and other will not race.

I could even go the other way. NASCAR supply the cars, teams and drivers show up and race. More like IROC. I just feel like we are currently at a weird place. Where there are a lot of rules, making the cars more or less the same.

RE: Rule Change - spazmatastic - 02-04-2019

I just heard about the change on the news. I think they should have been doing that all along.

Now I have a dilemma about the rule when it comes to the RFFG. Should I follow NASCAR or continue the way I've always done the points? Following them with stripping a win would really complicate things. I post the points on Monday and penalties are usually announced on Wednesday. The threads are easy to correct, but my paperwork would need to be corrected and could get sloppy. Also, think how it would have changed the outcome last year. If Harvick got stripped of those 2 wins, Tom might not have been the winner. But it's not Tom's fault that the team cheated.
I'm leaning towards NOT stripping wins (if it even happens), but what do the members think?

RE: Rule Change - alstott9adams - 02-05-2019

I know it more work for you and I appreciate all you do but like you said if harvick did not gets those 2 wins the game would have changed!!

Please Please Please follow nascar if it does not affect your happyness and life

RE: Rule Change - wilsonsportscards - 02-05-2019

The article I read said they are completing a 90 min to two hour inspection at the track. I believe this will replace the inspection at the NASCAR R and D facility. They made it sound like it would be same day as the race. No longer waiting until later in the week.

I think if we can strip the win without creating extra work for Adam I would lean that way. I agree it wasnt Toms fault that Harvick failed inspection. Just like it wasnt someones fault that took Truex when Lagano crashed him. I think it just becomes part of the game and makes it more real.

With that being said, if its too much work then leave it the way it has been. We are all playing by the same rules. We just know that if you take Harvick your getting a little more of an advantage. Smile

RE: Rule Change - spazmatastic - 02-05-2019

Okay, that helps. I should have read the article first. Tongue I didn't know the part about inspection immediately after the race. To use the new rules for the RFFG will require a change on my part and a little extra paper. The way I have been doing in the book is that line 1 covers race info (Week, date, track, time and network station). Then I list all members in ABC order and write their picks beside their name. I mark Stage positions and final stage pts. to the left of the name during the race. All that can stay the same. Putting the finishing positions and points to the right of the drivers picked will need to wait for confirmation now. So I'll have to write the positions somewhere else before I put it in the book.
Many would say write it in pencil instead of pen, but there are 2 problems with that. Pencil smears and fades over time so pen is better with a quick-drying ink. The other problem is me. I'm left-handed and ink comes off my hand easier than graphite. Graphite imbeds itself in the skin while ink stays on the surface. I also smear with pencil while writing. I'm actually ambidextrous but much more comfortable writing left-handed. I can do most things with either hand but comfort and/or accuracy suffers depending on the action. Writing, eating, drinking, vacuuming, etc. I'm more comfortable left-handed. But if I'm throwing a ball, hammering a nail or unlocking a door I'm more comfortable right-handed. I can use my mouse with either hand, but I mostly use my right hand. If I use my left, I've learned to use it without switching the buttons with my computer.

RE: Rule Change - wilsonsportscards - 02-06-2019

Each year I learn a little more about Adam. He is a southpaw! Adam thanks for the change. It is interesting hearing how you keep track of it.

RE: Rule Change - spazmatastic - 02-06-2019

(02-06-2019, 08:52 AM)wilsonsportscards Wrote: Each year I learn a little more about Adam. He is a southpaw! Adam thanks for the change. It is interesting hearing how you keep track of it.

Until it comes to pitching, then I'm a righty. I have no form, speed or accuracy pitching a baseball left-handed. I can toss it, but not pitch it. A few years ago, I posted a picture of the notebook I was using to keep track. I pretty much still do it the same way, but in a different notebook now. I'll see if I can find the thread.

RE: Rule Change - dunnere - 02-07-2019

What we ought do is form a yahoo league, let the system decide the points, and make everyone pick a bit more wisely as you get limited number of starts per driver.

RE: Rule Change - wilsonsportscards - 02-07-2019

I would be willing to play both yahoo and here.