Beckett Message Boards
Only 2 of 26 BVG cards are right when trying to add to registry - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Beckett Grading Services (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-35.html)
+--- Forum: Beckett Graded Card Registry (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-37.html)
+--- Thread: Only 2 of 26 BVG cards are right when trying to add to registry (/thread-1588663.html)

Only 2 of 26 BVG cards are right when trying to add to registry - Teufeldoktor - 04-15-2016

I read a few posts on here, but it is dizzying because it's such a joke there are so many same issues. Couple facts:

* I sent in cards to BVG grading over 10 years ago and have had them in my possession but the numbers come up as other cards in their system. Originally they did show up awhile ago but over last few years somehow changed to other cards.

* I emailed Beckett several times over last several years and called all to no avail or concern with my issues.

So what is one supposed to think? I'm just some collector from 70's-80's, not a seller or looking for profit but I'm mad as .... so I can imagine how much more irate I would be if I relied on this site and their services for income. I was partial to the Beckett Brand so many years ago, but holy crap they seem to try hard at not wanting your business or retain loyalty. I don't spend 1000's of dollars grading, but my 100's spent years ago should not have a shelf life.

RE: Only 2 of 26 BVG cards are right when trying to add to registry - bamyanks - 04-16-2016

I hear you. This is nothing new with Beckett. I've been fighting close to 2 years to fix the custom registries, and of course, complaining, calling, emailing etc, does not help. I can't understand why they can't' get these problems fixed for us. I've had so many complaints, I doubt if anything will be done.

RE: Only 2 of 26 BVG cards are right when trying to add to registry - dmasci - 04-21-2016

My advise is to keep at it....with Jeff's help I finally got two cards released that I've been trying to add to my registry for a couple years that said they were in another person's registry.

I think they are aware of many of the issues but I don't think that the registries are really a priority but rather something they created because PSA has them. That said, I have so many BGS/BVG cards that it would be crazy to cross over at this point. If they get the Master vs. Basic Player registry issue fixed it would be a big win from my stand point.

RE: Only 2 of 26 BVG cards are right when trying to add to registry - jeffv96masters - 04-25-2016

(04-16-2016, 05:03 PM)bamyanks Wrote: I hear you. This is nothing new with Beckett. I've been fighting close to 2 years to fix the custom registries, and of course, complaining, calling, emailing etc, does not help. I can't understand why they can't' get these problems fixed for us. I've had so many complaints, I doubt if anything will be done.

Actually Brian you've been fighting close to 4 years now but who's counting Confused

Anyways some hotshot new programmer is supposedly taking a look at the stuff now. They already fixed 2 issues I had problems with so I have some hope.

They were given the solution based on their own systems and how they set their OPG system up. If they follow my guidance it will get fixed. I sent them the picture as well showing the registry itself along with what I actually mean. If the person knows programming its an easy fix.

If they can fix the set up itself of initial registries then it will fix a major issue we have with vintage/BVG items. I can then turn my attention over to the one offs and special items along with some forced entry items ( data crash, re-slabs, reviews, etc).

And Teufeldoktor -- your not alone. I'm the Beta Test lead . The complaints are noted. I have them myself. And I'm trying-- once again-- to have it addressed.

I'll advise how much luck I have.

jeff

RE: Only 2 of 26 BVG cards are right when trying to add to registry - bamyanks - 05-01-2016

Thanks for the post Jeff. You're the first person connected with Beckett that has given me a reply in the last couple of years. The easy fix is what I thought about the Joe Pepitone Legendary Lumber gold card I had waited 14 months to fix. Seemed to me beckett would have someone to change it in the database without going through all the contortions to make it have a different serial number etc. I do appreciate the reply, I know it's not your fault that these things haven't been fixed yet.

RE: Only 2 of 26 BVG cards are right when trying to add to registry - promodeltodd - 02-01-2022

Hey Jeff-Hope this means the many older cards that were lost when they switched systems will be added at some point. My 1956 Set has so many that won't take the numbers because they were "lost". If it wasnt bad enough I have about 10 different labels between BVG, BGS, Sub grades, no sub grades, sub grades on the front, sub grades on the back, the old white labels and some of the bronze labels. It has been so long I don't even know if the bronze labels are still around for the 7.0 and 7.5s.