Beckett Message Boards
A case of 2015 Allen and Ginter (Scan Heavy) - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+---- Forum: Box Breaks (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+---- Thread: A case of 2015 Allen and Ginter (Scan Heavy) (/thread-1576365.html)

Pages: 1 2

A case of 2015 Allen and Ginter (Scan Heavy) - rob024420 - 07-26-2015

Hey guys and gals. On Friday night I cracked my first case ever. It was an absolute blast to say the least. I think I did really well over all. I ended up getting 38 10th anniversary 2015 cards. From what I have heard those are limited to 10 copies. I had 1 buyback autograph and a slew of other descent hits including a book card. I was able to complete 3 complete sets including short prints 300-350. I also got a Anthony Rizzo rip card numbered /25, I ripped it and got a Clayton Kershaw EXT mini. Below are some quick scans with the highlights. Comments as always are welcome. Thanks for checking it out. I am still not trading, most of this stuff will go to a popular online auction site, some of it will go to a card show I am setting up at in November.

[Image: hpqscan0001_zpsjgnobpul.jpg]
[Image: hpqscan0005_zpspvn4lnov.jpg]
[Image: hpqscan0002_zpsxsy5ph1r.jpg]
[Image: hpqscan0004_zpsdo0ffwro.jpg]
[Image: hpqscan0003_zpsdmqo5yfn.jpg]
[Image: hpqscan0006_zps69m2dt03.jpg]
[Image: hpqscan0007_zpsnqn1wl41.jpg]
[Image: hpqscan0011_zpsistsy4ri.jpg]
[Image: hpqscan0009_zpsacgqege3.jpg]
[Image: hpqscan0008_zpsgkrk5j1d.jpg]
[Image: hpqscan0010_zpsu60xfhst.jpg]

RE: A case of 2015 Allen and Ginter (Scan Heavy) - snappyjoe75 - 07-26-2015

nice stuff man!! like a shot at the Molina relic and the other cards. thanks

RE: A case of 2015 Allen and Ginter (Scan Heavy) - paulkellyjr - 07-26-2015

If you are trading, I'd be interested in the McCutchen Mini Relic and the Billy Hamilton relic.

RE: A case of 2015 Allen and Ginter (Scan Heavy) - rentzington - 07-26-2015

Cool stuff, I think this shows how tough autos are to pull in ginter
Get 1 healthy body / mind mini? I think those are 1 per case

RE: A case of 2015 Allen and Ginter (Scan Heavy) - 908 - 07-26-2015

would like a shot at a couple cards if you decide to trade

RE: A case of 2015 Allen and Ginter (Scan Heavy) - AdamTranski - 07-26-2015

Hello rob024420, I'm sold and that's the illest Cespedes card I have ever seen before.

RE: A case of 2015 Allen and Ginter (Scan Heavy) - natejeffries - 07-26-2015

Collect what you like.

If you enjoyed this, that's all that matters.

For me personally, I am shocked at how few autos you get for a case's worth. And there is the possibility that you could get the auto of a sportswriter, nutritionist or beard designer. No to mention some player like Kendall Graveman. Scary thoughts but more power to you if you dig these cards.

I personally have always liked the design of the Ginter cards and the thoughts behind doing all the subsets. Some of these designs are really well done.

They just need better auto checklists and more autos.

RE: A case of 2015 Allen and Ginter (Scan Heavy) - once78 - 07-26-2015

Would love to have a shot at the 2012 ginter 10th cards thanks

RE: A case of 2015 Allen and Ginter (Scan Heavy) - redsoxfan1534 - 07-26-2015

Awesome Bryant dude! I thought there was no base SP this year?

RE: A case of 2015 Allen and Ginter (Scan Heavy) - DrMitchJ - 07-26-2015

I'm pretty sure that you said " Hey guys and gals. ... Comments as always are welcome. Thanks for checking it out. I am still not trading, most of this stuff will go to a popular online auction site, some of it will go to a card show I am setting up at in November. "
So I don't understand why so many are still asking to trade?

Anyway, congrats on the case. I've only opened one case (2014 Topps Series 2) , and shared a case (2014 Bowman Chrome) . It's a ton of fun, even more when you get cool booklets and rip cards, like you managed to pull. I usually buy a couple of A&G boxes each year, but last year I got skunked and had no autos in 3 boxes, and most of the relics were duds. I didn't pull anything exciting and vowed that I'd stick to retail this year. I'll let you know how I do. Although the whole Rocky themed cards have me more interested than I ever expected. A Clubber Lang or Thunderlips auto would be pretty sweet! I might cave in soon. Smile

Did you get any great box toppers? I don't remember you saying that you did or didn't. Figured in a case, you'd get 1 or 2 at least. Also, did they hide any secret 1/1 cards in the lids like they did 2 years ago?