Beckett Message Boards
My 2015 baseball games...UPDATED: 4/19/2015 - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: My 2015 baseball games...UPDATED: 4/19/2015 (/thread-1573154.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

My 2015 baseball games...UPDATED: 4/19/2015 - ne12bc12 - 04-12-2015

So, I’ve been toying with the idea of writing about the games I will be going to this year. I’m not exactly a terrific writer so not sure how this is going to come out. I’m very fortunate this year and will be seeing more games live this year then I have been able to do in the past, not to mention I will be able to go to more stadiums also.
I will add a poll to this in case this thread is a bust and you all don’t want to hear about it, like I said before not a terrific writer.

So here it goes, starting with opening day, Nationals Park….
[Image: uYmARpB.jpg]..... [Image: jjwF1Uf.jpg]

April 6, 2015
Mets –VS- Nationals
Mets won 3-1

First time I have been able to get to an opening day game. It was a fun time. I was traveling with two Mets fans so had to root for the Mets with them. Told them before the game that the Mets can win as long as I get to see Harper hit a homerun. We got both. Smile This was not my first time to Nationals Park, it’s a decent park. The only knock I have on it is I don’t have the feeling of history or the feeling of this is the home of the Nationals when I walk into it, kind of generic. It seems like there really isn’t a bad seat in the house though. They gave away these tins to the fans as they came into the stadium, felt badly for the kids when they opened them and they were empty. It was a bad giveaway for children in my opinion.
Funny event of the game. I wore my Red Sox gear of course, sat down and looked to my left and what do I see? Go figure, at a Nationals home opener they're playing the Mets and I'm sitting next to a Yankees fan. It was all good though, he proved to be very knowledgeable of the game and not a bandwagon fan. Actually had a pretty good conversation with him about this coming year and of course the history.
Overall had a great time.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Next up Citizens Bank Park…

[Image: 1MLt3IP.jpg]..... [Image: ERZi2jE.jpg]
[Image: NLp11EQ.jpg]..... [Image: LiAqvD1.jpg]
[Image: 6e2ju56.jpg].....
April 8, 2015
Phillies –VS- Red Sox
Phillies won 4-2

Finally, my opening day is here! I found myself traveling to this one with a Phillies fan and one of the same Mets fans that went with me to the previous game. OK, nothing against the Phillies but what was MLB thinking, an Interleague opening day series? Has this happened before? My boys smoked the Phillies eight zip on opening day so I went in pretty stoked that I had a good chance of seeing them win. Nope, Jeffrey Braden Francoeur saw to it personally to ruin that thought for me. Really, Francoeur is still playing? Is this his first homerun in what, two years? Oh well, still managed to have fun and my boys did take the series 2 games to 1, I was just at the wrong game.
Citizens Bank Park is small but nice. I could tell I was in Phillies territory! Food at the park was good to, yes I got myself a Philly Cheese Steak, did you expect anything else? Stadium was pretty empty; I think it was 50% Red Sox fans there. Phillie fans, you need to get there and support your team. Citizens Bank Park has a really cool HOF stuff out in center field; if you find yourself there you need to take the time to see it. Great time, nice stadium, just wish my team could have won.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Next Up, Camden Yards…

[Image: CtnlqQt.jpg]

[Image: DcpQcgy.jpg]..... [Image: uW0ipjn.jpg]
Jackie Robinson Day
April 15, 2015
Orioles –VS- Yankees
Orioles won 7-5

OK, sometimes you just miss an opportunity and want to kick your own @$$ for missing it and I’m finding myself in that situation. I found myself a Camden Yards for Jackie Robinson Day watching the Orioles and Yankees slug it out. It was pretty awesome to see all the players wearing the number 42; you could say it was a picture perfect moment. Hmmm, guess what I didn’t take a picture of? I’ll chalk it up as a lesson learned and hopefully I’ll get the opportunity again another year.

Anyway, the game was awesome. Alex Rodriguez hit a ball that didn’t land till the next day, but the important thing in my opinion was the Orioles walked away with the victory. Camden Yards is a unique ball park that has a historical feel but new feel at the same time. Foods okay, nothing to brag about but I suggest the pulled pork. I would also recommend arriving a little early so you can hit Pickles Pub across the street from the stadium before the game. The far picture of Pickles was taken at the gate I entered to the ballpark just to show how close it is. Good crowd and for the majority easygoing baseball loving fans. I’ll be talking about Camden Yards more and providing more pictures because I will be there for 3 games next weekend because the Red Sox are in town.

Next Up, Camden Yards…

April 24, 25, and 26, 2015
Orioles –VS- Red Sox

RE: My 2015 baseball games... - bbniner80 - 04-12-2015

Great read, thanks for sharing!

RE: My 2015 baseball games... - wordsense - 04-12-2015

I like this idea. Keep bringing the goodies.

RE: My 2015 baseball games... - rad_1205 - 04-12-2015

Rob,

My writing skills suck as well, so I can relate. Thanks for adding the pics. Im so jealous right. Hopefully ill be hitting a Nationals game the day I fly back into the states. Ill keep you posted maybe we can hook up and have a beer or two and see a game!

RE: My 2015 baseball games... - glassnickels - 04-12-2015

I'm definitely interested in reading about your experiences in the different parks, especially in your Red Sox gear...

I travel quite a bit for work and we try to hit a game if we are in town the same time as the home team. I'd never wear Cubs gear to another park though unless they were playing. So I'm curious as to the reactions you might get. So far I've got a trip to Detroit (Yankees are in town, what luck!) and Los Angeles (Dodgers/Giants rivalry game - what luck!) scheduled this year.

Are you getting any certain souvenirs at your stops? I always pick up a cap and my friend likes to pick up a golf ball. Someday I need to think of a way to display my road trip caps - it's not like I'll ever actually wear a Mets cap...

RE: My 2015 baseball games... - ne12bc12 - 04-12-2015

(04-12-2015, 12:33 PM)bbniner80 Wrote: Great read, thanks for sharing!

Thanks!
(04-12-2015, 12:36 PM)wordsense Wrote: I like this idea. Keep bringing the goodies.

Will do, thank you!
(04-12-2015, 12:40 PM)rad_1205 Wrote: Rob,

My writing skills suck as well, so I can relate. Thanks for adding the pics. Im so jealous right. Hopefully ill be hitting a Nationals game the day I fly back into the states. Ill keep you posted maybe we can hook up and have a beer or two and see a game!

Sounds awesome, please keep me posted. If not Nationals Park, Camden Yards is right there too.
(04-12-2015, 12:52 PM)glassnickels Wrote: I'm definitely interested in reading about your experiences in the different parks, especially in your Red Sox gear...

I travel quite a bit for work and we try to hit a game if we are in town the same time as the home team. I'd never wear Cubs gear to another park though unless they were playing. So I'm curious as to the reactions you might get. So far I've got a trip to Detroit (Yankees are in town, what luck!) and Los Angeles (Dodgers/Giants rivalry game - what luck!) scheduled this year.

Are you getting any certain souvenirs at your stops? I always pick up a cap and my friend likes to pick up a golf ball. Someday I need to think of a way to display my road trip caps - it's not like I'll ever actually wear a Mets cap...

I always run into other fans wearing Red Sox stuff even if the Red Sox aren't there, so I never run into any problems. (Not yet at least.) As far as souvenirs, making sure I get all the ticket stubs, not home printed but the actual ticket from the box office, and I'm going to make a glass top table and put the stubs under the glass.

RE: My 2015 baseball games... - nolan5000 - 04-12-2015

Real interesting read so far, Rob!! I say keep going.

RE: My 2015 baseball games... - ne12bc12 - 04-12-2015

(04-12-2015, 01:27 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: Real interesting read so far, Rob!! I say keep going.

Thanks man!

RE: My 2015 baseball games... - nolan5000 - 04-12-2015

(04-12-2015, 01:51 PM)ne12bc12 Wrote: Thanks man!

You're welcome.

RE: My 2015 baseball games... - elberson - 04-12-2015

very cool experience, keep it going. visit them all!