Beckett Message Boards
Dear Byron Buxton ... - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Dear Byron Buxton ... (/thread-1572639.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Dear Byron Buxton ... - jaredhuizenga - 03-28-2015

The Twins need you to be what you're advertised to be. And it needs to happen ASAP.

It was bad enough that Jordan Schafer was scheduled to be the Twins 4th OF this year, but today, with Terry Ryan's decision to cut Aaron Hicks AND Eddie Rosario, the crazy old loon has handed the job over to Schafer and something called Shane Robinson.

Technically, Terry stopped short of saying that craptastic duo would make the team, but given the current alternatives, it's sadly the best option. He actually said today they'd be looking to see what veterans get cut from other teams - and then used the previous signings of Sam Fuld and Jason Repko as examples of what kind of players you can get late in spring training.

So please, Byron, do well in Chattanooga so you can be promoted. Or at the very least get injured so they send you to MN to be evaluated - and then while you're here run Ryan, Robinson and Schafer over with your car.

Sincerely,
A Pissed Off Twins Fan

RE: Dear Byron Buxton ... - SF_Giants_2014 - 03-28-2015

hahahahahah! So true.. You have great young talent in your system!! I say.. Play them.. Play them now!

RE: Dear Byron Buxton ... - jaredhuizenga - 03-28-2015

If Buxton or Rosario aren't ready, then they're not ready. But there has to be better options than Jordan Schafer and Shane Robinson. Neither of them belong anywhere near a starting lineup.

RE: Dear Byron Buxton ... - snappyjoe75 - 03-28-2015

how has Buxton so far? is he ready?

RE: Dear Byron Buxton ... - franciscomarina - 03-28-2015

Wow. Sorry. I thought Hicks could make the team. Being from Pierto Rico I will like to see Rosario, but I thought Hicks could make it first. Didn't expect for both of them to be sent down. Also, I could accept that Robinson or Schafer make the team, but not both of them. So many players to choose from and not even one of the prospects made the team.

(03-28-2015, 02:19 PM)snappyjoe75 Wrote: how has Buxton so far? is he ready?

Not yet, but that's probably to be expected after basically missing all of last year with injuries. I'm hopeful that at some point this summer he'll be ready to go. I expect Rosario to be the first one up - even before Sano. I think he could learn MLB CF on the fly like Santana did last year, but for some reason the Twins love players like Schafer and Robinson.

Sano's bat is probably the most ready, but the glove needs a little more time. And he's also coming off of a full year off.

(03-28-2015, 03:10 PM)franciscomarina Wrote: Wow. Sorry. I thought Hicks could make the team. Being from Pierto Rico I will like to see Rosario, but I thought Hicks could make it first. Didn't expect for both of them to be sent down. Also, I could accept that Robinson or Schafer make the team, but not both of them. So many players to choose from and not even one of the prospects made the team.

I think they're probably looking to trade Hicks at this point. Unless they're planning on Rosario being the LF in AAA. Buxton will start at AA and I expect he'll be up to AAA by June.

Hicks is in the doghouse, for sure.

At this point, Rosario will get called up first if they need someone - long-term or short-term.

If they needed to call up a second OF for the short-term it'd probably be Max Kepler from AA since he's already on the 40-man roster.

And if they needed a second long-term call-up it'd be Buxton, provided he's hitting the ball.

RE: Dear Byron Buxton ... - ryanmo5 - 03-28-2015

You know what I feel your pain man, Justin Upton was supposed to be a super star for the dbacks and he simply didn't pan out like everyone expected. Granted Buxton hasn't had his shot yet but I understand where your coming from. Nothing worse then waiting for a great prospect to come up, just hope he works out better for you than Upton did for me!

(03-28-2015, 04:32 PM)ryanmo5 Wrote: You know what I feel your pain man, Justin Upton was supposed to be a super star for the dbacks and he simply didn't pan out like everyone expected. Granted Buxton hasn't had his shot yet but I understand where your coming from. Nothing worse then waiting for a great prospect to come up, just hope he works out better for you than Upton did for me!

I would've settled for Hicks getting one last shot. I just can't stand Jordan Schafer and Shane Robinson - they remind me too much of the Jason Tyners and Chad Allens of the world.

RE: Dear Byron Buxton ... - redsoxfan1534 - 03-28-2015

Wow- both Schafer and Robinson? No offense, but that is pretty bad in the majors. My brother had a strong dislike of Schafer in Atlanta.

RE: Dear Byron Buxton ... - gator1221 - 03-28-2015

Looking forward to watching Buxton in Chattanooga this season