Beckett Message Boards
Refocusing my collecting and trading - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Refocusing my collecting and trading (/thread-1566308.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Refocusing my collecting and trading - mikmouse24 - 10-13-2014

DUDE#~! welcome back, i recently came back too and made the almost exact decisions you did. stop breaking boxes (i might as well play the lottery-- and i pity those who throw hundreds away doing that!) and i love Josh hamilton- good talent, great testimony. Now he needs to stay healthy!
Congrats on the new job

RE: Refocusing my collecting and trading - rob024420 - 10-13-2014

@mikmouse24: Thanks! Hamilton's story and book are what have me sold on him. He is a heck of a talent just has sooooo many injuries. I actually watched Pence play for the AA Corpus Christi Hooks coming up. Been collecting him for a while now.

RE: Refocusing my collecting and trading - rob024420 - 01-20-2015

Well....I'm back...I fell off the wagon here the last couple of months. I haven't made a trip to the card shop or done a trade since mid-November. I went to the LCS last weekend, picked up some stuff I had sent off to get graded and got a box of Stadium Club and Supreme as well. I will update my mail thread later with the latest and greatest.

RE: Refocusing my collecting and trading - jaredhuizenga - 01-20-2015

(01-20-2015, 12:27 PM)rob024420 Wrote: Well....I'm back...I fell off the wagon here the last couple of months. I haven't made a trip to the card shop or done a trade since mid-November. I went to the LCS last weekend, picked up some stuff I had sent off to get graded and got a box of Stadium Club and Supreme as well. I will update my mail thread later with the latest and greatest.

Just chalk it up to a holiday break. There's a few of the guys here that take a break from around Thanksgiving til after Christmas.

And two boxes after that long (and the hiatus you had before) isn't too shabby at all.

RE: Refocusing my collecting and trading - rob024420 - 01-20-2015

(01-20-2015, 04:29 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Just chalk it up to a holiday break. There's a few of the guys here that take a break from around Thanksgiving til after Christmas.

And two boxes after that long (and the hiatus you had before) isn't too shabby at all.

Yea that's what I am doing. That box of Stadium Club worked out pretty good for me too. Pics to come later tonight I hope.

RE: Refocusing my collecting and trading - petillo64 - 01-20-2015

Welcome back... The not buying wax was my new deal as well. I'm not a big set builder, and buying boxes for the hits leads to disappointment 99% of the time... I've had a lot of fun staying focused and not buying random packs. It certainly did help that Walmart and Target quit carrying blasters though!!!

RE: Refocusing my collecting and trading - ne12bc12 - 01-20-2015

Nice to see you active again. Added a lot to my org, be sure to check it for any of your wants.

Thanks,
Rob

RE: Refocusing my collecting and trading - rob024420 - 01-21-2015

@ne12bc12: thanks, I sent you over an offer

RE: Refocusing my collecting and trading - alfredoleal2001 - 01-21-2015

Welcome back! Even though Ive never traded on here I always saw/read your posts

RE: Refocusing my collecting and trading - jaredhuizenga - 01-22-2015

I set goals a couple of years ago. Then I got a better job and some disposable income. After years of living paycheck to (almost) paycheck, it's been nice to pretty much get what I want when I want it.

The bad part about that is I've lost focus - or at least broadened out considerably. I think in the last year I've still only broke 2 hobby boxes (both on crazy sales), but beyond a couple of core players I've discovered how much I like vintage and color. Fortunately, I stick to mostly Twins on both fronts.

I may take your cue and come up with a list of my own.