Beckett Message Boards
NASCAR Trivia Thread - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Racing (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: NASCAR Trivia Thread (/thread-1565585.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: NASCAR Trivia Thread - spazmatastic - 11-18-2014

Off the top of my head, I part of 2 answers.

Lee and Richard Petty both won several champoinships in Grand National/Winston Cup. I don't know the exact years, 1960's for Lee and 70's & 80's for Richard

Dale Earnhardt Sr. & Jr. both won championships. Sr. in Winston Cup 7 times from late-80's through mid-90's. Jr. won the Busch Series title back to back in the late 90's.

I want to say the Allison's might be another pair.

RE: NASCAR Trivia Thread - dunnere - 11-18-2014

Ned Jarrett and Dale Jarrett have both won Sprint Cup Championships, Ned twice in the 60s, and Dale in 1999.

Definitely Lee Petty (1950s, Adam...lol) and seven time winner Richard Petty.

And definitely Dale and Dale Jr. Earnhardt...I think Jrs Nationwide titles were back to back in 1997 1998 or 1998 1999.

I was thinking Bobby Allison, too...but, both of his kids died young, so I'm going to beg off of that, respectfully. And I also thought maybe Buck and Buddy Baker? Buck, yes, Buddy...Nationwide didn't start until way late in his career, right?

So, I'll take a stab at a guess with David Pearson...he had a kid who raced...maybe Lee?

RE: NASCAR Trivia Thread - spazmatastic - 11-18-2014

(11-18-2014, 08:36 PM)dunnere Wrote: Ned Jarrett and Dale Jarrett have both won Sprint Cup Championships, Ned twice in the 60s, and Dale in 1999.

Definitely Lee Petty (1950s, Adam...lol) and seven time winner Richard Petty.

And definitely Dale and Dale Jr. Earnhardt...I think Jrs Nationwide titles were back to back in 1997 1998 or 1998 1999.

I was thinking Bobby Allison, too...but, both of his kids died young, so I'm going to beg off of that, respectfully. And I also thought maybe Buck and Buddy Baker? Buck, yes, Buddy...Nationwide didn't start until way late in his career, right?

So, I'll take a stab at a guess with David Pearson...he had a kid who raced...maybe Lee?

DUH! I can't believe I missed the Jarrett's. And I was barely off on Lee Petty. He won in 1958 and '59 (maybe another one before then?).

EDIT:
Yes, in 1954. Richard also won one in the 60's.

Pearson IS the other duo. LARRY Pearson won the Busch Championship in 1986 & '87 to go with David's Cup Championships in 1968 & '69..

RE: NASCAR Trivia Thread - dunnere - 11-19-2014

(11-18-2014, 08:52 PM)spazmatastic Wrote: DUH! I can't believe I missed the Jarrett's. And I was barely off on Lee Petty. He won in 1958 and '59 (maybe another one before then?).

EDIT:
Yes, in 1954. Richard also won one in the 60's.

Pearson IS the other duo. LARRY Pearson won the Busch Championship in 1986 & '87 to go with David's Cup Championships in 1968 & '69..

David Pearson and Larry Pearson...ah, yes, the Busch now Nationwide series...that was a guess on my end, but I remember reading these things on some of these drivers now...it's like a big History test, trying to take in information.

Good question...I like the ones where you can sort of figure it out just on what you know, and take an eductaed guess on things.

RE: NASCAR Trivia Thread - leadmetogreatness - 11-19-2014

Adam and tom you got them right. so who ever has a queston ready is next. Also david pearson was a 3x champ only reason I know that had to look it up.

RE: NASCAR Trivia Thread - spazmatastic - 11-19-2014

(11-19-2014, 06:33 PM)leadmetogreatness Wrote: Adam and tom you got them right. so who ever has a queston ready is next. Also david pearson was a 3x champ only reason I know that had to look it up.

I thought he had a 3rd, but couldn't remember when.

I'll let Tom take the next question.

RE: NASCAR Trivia Thread - dunnere - 11-21-2014

Alright, here we go, another matching game, so everyone can participate:

Match the track with its nickname. Be aware that two tracks have two answers:

Bristol Motor Speedway
Darlington Raceway
Daytona International Speedway
Dover International Speedway
Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Las Vegas Speedway
Martinsville Speedway
New Hampshire International Speedway
Phoenix International Speedway
Pocono International Raceway
Richmond International Speedway
Rockingham Motor Speedway
Texas Motor Speedway
Watkins Glen International

- The Lady in Black
- The Monster Mile
- The Rock
- Diamond in the dessert
- The Track Too Tough To Tame
- The Action Track
- The Paperclip
- The Bermuda Triangle
- Thunder Valley
- The Glen
- White Lightning
- World Center of Racing
- Jewel of the Desert
- The Great American Speedway
- The Magic Mile
- The Brickyard

RE: NASCAR Trivia Thread - leadmetogreatness - 11-21-2014

the monster mile- dover, the glen- watkins glen, the magic mile- new hampshire, the brickyard- indianapolis.

RE: NASCAR Trivia Thread - spazmatastic - 11-21-2014

I didn't know the Magic Mile, but the other 3 were easy.

- The Lady in Black - Darlington
- The Rock - Rockingham
- Diamond in the desert - Phoenix (or Vegas)
- The Track Too Tough To Tame - Darlington
- The Paperclip - Martinsville
- The Bermuda Triangle - Pocono (also the Tricky Triangle)
- Thunder Valley - Bristol
- World Center of Racing - Daytona
- Jewel of the Desert - Las Vegas (or Phoenix)
- The Great American Speedway - Indy

- The Action Track - Texas?
- White Lightning - Richmond?

RE: NASCAR Trivia Thread - dunnere - 11-22-2014

Indy is known as The Brickyard, but not The Great American Speedway.

Vegas is the Diamond of the Desert, Phoenix is the Jewel of the Desert.

Texas is not The Action Track.

Richmond is not White Lightnng.

So, I'm still looking for Texas and Richmond, and the nicknames left to be matched are

White Lightning
The Great American Speedway
The Action Track