Beckett Message Boards
NASCAR Trivia Thread - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Racing (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: NASCAR Trivia Thread (/thread-1565585.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: NASCAR Trivia Thread - Mikarlo - 10-25-2014

I so cheated on this! I got 3 of the 8 before researching, but would not have figured out the other 5. Will let others give it a shot first.

RE: NASCAR Trivia Thread - spazmatastic - 10-25-2014

Straight-up guessing here:

Richard Petty
Dale Sr.
Jimmie Johnson
Jeff Gordon
Dale Jr. ?
David Pearson ?
Bobby Allison ?
Rusty Wallace ?

Also, the Southern 500 is still run but not on the same weekend. This year it was the Bojangles Southern 500 on April 12th (when our fantasy game started).

RE: NASCAR Trivia Thread - dunnere - 10-25-2014

Jeff Gordon (he's won each race at least three times)
Bobby Allison (he's won each race at least three times)
Richard Petty (7 Daytonas, 2 Charlottes, one of each of the other races)
Jimmie Johnson (he's a win at Darlington away of hitting it twice)
David Pearson (he won each race three times except for only one at Daytona)
Dale Earnhardt (he won each race three times except for only one at Daytona)

Two drivers left...
Driver #1 - 5 time Charlotte winner, 2 at Talladega, one each at Daytona and Darlington
Driver #2 - 3 time winner at Charlotte and Talladega, one each at Daytona and Darlington

RE: NASCAR Trivia Thread - spazmatastic - 10-25-2014

Wow! I nailed 6 of 8 in my 1st guess. I was pretty sure about the 1st four, but just guessing on the last four. I don't think Rusty ever won at 'Dega and I don't think Jr. ever won one of these: the 600 or the Southern 500. I'll have to think about this a bit more to come up with some more drivers that I think might have done it.

Something tells me Tony Stewart might have done it (or at least been close).
OMG, Darrell Waltrip is #1 in your hint! I almost typed him before I went with Rusty. I was debating b/t the 2 drivers. I can't believe I posted the wrong one. DW is the only driver to win the 600 five times!

RE: NASCAR Trivia Thread - dunnere - 10-26-2014

Darrell Waltrip

I'd love this to have a Tony Stewart flavor, but my man Smoke is 0-16 in the Daytona 500, and 0-16 at Darlington.

The last driver is a tie-in to Adam's previous question...

RE: NASCAR Trivia Thread - spazmatastic - 10-26-2014

I wanna say Bill Elliott is the last one.

RE: NASCAR Trivia Thread - dunnere - 10-26-2014

Bill Elliott won the first Winston Million with a Small Slam in 1985, winning every Slam race but Charlotte...and he never got a win at Charlotte, and never completed the Slam...

So, still looking...hint: his father is in the HOF.

RE: NASCAR Trivia Thread - spazmatastic - 10-26-2014

Is it possible that it's Buddy Baker? Really?

RE: NASCAR Trivia Thread - dunnere - 10-27-2014

Buddy Baker, raced in five decades and has a career Grand Slam. He won Talladega and Charlotte three times each, and won Darlington in 1970 and Daytona in 1980.

This question curtesy of a Buddy Baker research following Adam's last question...

OK, Adam, you're up...

RE: NASCAR Trivia Thread - spazmatastic - 10-27-2014

That was a good question, Tom. I can't believe I got that one without doing any research! I don't have a question on standby so I'll ask one straight off the top of my head.
How many total NASCAR Cup championships were won by: Richard Petty, Dale Sr., Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson? I am looking for the combined number here.