Beckett Message Boards
Are you having problems like this..? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+---- Forum: Trading (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-52.html)
+---- Thread: Are you having problems like this..? (/thread-1564699.html)

Pages: 1 2

Are you having problems like this..? - once78 - 08-27-2014

I have noticed of late that I will make a trade with someone and after searching and searching for I think I have traded it a long time ago. Three trades and three times this has happened. Does the org. forget to take things out from time to time. And as for all the traders out there that have had to deal with me on this thanks for being cool about it. I just don't know what to do> Any thoughts? If I just had 100 cards I would just dump it and start new but I have like 20,000+ and don't even want to think about that. Plus I dont' have internet at home so I do everything at work. So my cards are in one place while I am in another. Once again help?

RE: Are you having problems like this..? - blais2 - 08-27-2014

(08-27-2014, 02:23 PM)once78 Wrote: I have noticed of late that I will make a trade with someone and after searching and searching for I think I have traded it a long time ago. Three trades and three times this has happened. Does the org. forget to take things out from time to time. And as for all the traders out there that have had to deal with me on this thanks for being cool about it. I just don't know what to do> Any thoughts? If I just had 100 cards I would just dump it and start new but I have like 20,000+ and don't even want to think about that. Plus I dont' have internet at home so I do everything at work. So my cards are in one place while I am in another. Once again help?

yes iv noticed that, as well as cards i need.
I'll trade for set needs but they still show up in the opg as cards i need in another trade so i have to removem them myself.

RE: Are you having problems like this..? - petesahuttt - 08-27-2014

Not to be a Negative Nancy, but depending on the Org to tell you if you have something or not is a lesson in futility with how often the errors within are exposed. Keep an off-site account of your stuff and do you diligence when trading. I've been burned by the Org so may times my face, breast, chest, neck and head are all smoking Smile

RE: Are you having problems like this..? - cdraynman - 08-27-2014

Absolutely. I have started pulling everything before accepting a trade just to be safe.

RE: Are you having problems like this..? - waynetalger - 08-27-2014

(08-27-2014, 06:08 PM)cdraynman Wrote: Absolutely. I have started pulling everything before accepting a trade just to be safe.
This is exactly what I do. for I dont want to make a mistake by assuming but there are times i even over looked the card in pulling them.

RE: Are you having problems like this..? - once78 - 08-27-2014

The thing is that is what the org. is for, right? Why use it if I have to take care of it myself? I don't have the time to sit and look every card I have before I trade it. I am loosing it.

RE: Are you having problems like this..? - ne12bc12 - 08-27-2014

(08-27-2014, 06:08 PM)cdraynman Wrote: Absolutely. I have started pulling everything before accepting a trade just to be safe.

+1
This is what I try to do also with every trade.

RE: Are you having problems like this..? - Mike7149 - 08-27-2014

You pay for a service they don't provide. Sad.

RE: Are you having problems like this..? - tdog4468 - 08-28-2014

I've encountered problems also both ways, something the org said I had and with my needs still showing up as wants after satisfied in another trade. The wants not coming off has been really bad of late. Safe way is to pull stuff before accepting... maybe send you trade partner a reply that you are pulling before accepting so they know the deal is good and you are just trying to get it right... best of luck.

RE: Are you having problems like this..? - chester2002 - 08-28-2014

Yes this happens. Typically for me it will happen with the lesser valued cards, $1 value stuff like that. It should never happen with an auto or GU card or something significant. Still very annoying. One reason I found it was happening was my own fault. I would trade something and throw it in the trash and then instead of fully deleting it from the trash immediately I would wait until my trash built up over time....I would forget and then eventually go and do a batch update to my collection after entering a bunch of cards and mark them as haves by accident. I know long story but could be what is happening to you.....then again I have seen cards in my collection that I know I never owned...how those got there I have no idea.