Beckett Message Boards
DO NOT GO TO BP SPORTSCARDS IN FLORIDA, NY - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: DO NOT GO TO BP SPORTSCARDS IN FLORIDA, NY (/thread-1562979.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

DO NOT GO TO BP SPORTSCARDS IN FLORIDA, NY - natejeffries - 07-18-2014

Whatever you do, don't go into BP Sportscards in Florida, NY.

I walked in there with more than $250 worth of cards and asked $75 for them only to be told my cards were worth $25.

After explaining to the owner and a guy with long hair who appeared to be his son how much my cards were worth, I was told by the younger "person" to bring my cards back to Wal Mart and not to return to the store.

After telling the owner I wouldn't return to his store in a million years, this gem of humanity called me a "f--cking Jew" while getting in my face as I walked out the door. All of this happened in front of three young children who walked in to play with the magic cards.

Avoid this store at all costs. It is on North Main Street in Florida, NY and the owners frequent the trading show circuit.

RE: DO NOT GO TO BP SPORTSCARDS IN FLORIDA, NY - demondukk - 07-18-2014

That's awful!!! I hate "collectors" like that! Whether they're at a store or have a booth at a show. These are the people that treat it as a $ business and not a hobby. Now, not to label all shop owners/show venders but there's a difference between people who get in the business because they love it and people who get in because they just want to flip. Your Florida, NY friends sound like "flippers" and not lovers of the hobby. They also sound like flat out a-holes as well!

RE: DO NOT GO TO BP SPORTSCARDS IN FLORIDA, NY - natejeffries - 07-20-2014

These guys are also on a popular trading site under BP Sportscards and Memoribilia, so make sure you don't give any money to a ravaging anti-semite.

RE: DO NOT GO TO BP SPORTSCARDS IN FLORIDA, NY - bbcgalaxee - 07-20-2014

Which cards did you bring in

RE: DO NOT GO TO BP SPORTSCARDS IN FLORIDA, NY - jonathani - 07-20-2014

We all know people with long hair know nothing about cards. By the way, Nate, you are leaving out an important part of this encounter: What were the "few words" you exchanged? This might help the people that were not there tell how the length of his hair affected your reaction, as that seems to be the only thing going against him at that point in your story that you felt was important enough to note for us--the rest is business. What you said likely prompted the individual's response. What did you say?

RE: DO NOT GO TO BP SPORTSCARDS IN FLORIDA, NY - manningsecnumbr1fan - 07-20-2014

That's terrible! After he called you a flippin Jew did you turn to him & say flip you ya flippin Whop? J/K but seriously make sure you spread your story to the other forums you frequent also please.

RE: DO NOT GO TO BP SPORTSCARDS IN FLORIDA, NY - jonathani - 07-20-2014

(07-18-2014, 10:57 PM)demondukk Wrote: These are the people that treat it as a $ business and not a hobby.

These people own a shop. Of course they're in it for the money. Anyone who doesn't know people form businesses to make money has never run a business. I'm not defending these fellows; I'm just forwarding the obvious.

RE: DO NOT GO TO BP SPORTSCARDS IN FLORIDA, NY - CxGVoodooDoll - 07-20-2014

Yea. Curious to know what cards were brought in.

RE: DO NOT GO TO BP SPORTSCARDS IN FLORIDA, NY - richk - 07-20-2014

No one should eve use racial epihets

RE: DO NOT GO TO BP SPORTSCARDS IN FLORIDA, NY - natejeffries - 07-20-2014

Hey Phillies Joe, not sure why my credibility is taken to task as I have never accused somebody of using a racial epithet against me since I was in high school (which was many years ago).

I actually do intend to contact the Anti-Defamation League and some other organizations. The cards I had included more than a dozen autographs, half a dozen Noah Syndergaard cards, Andrew McCutchen Bowman Chrome AFLAC RC, Matt Trumbo RC Auto, Bryce Harper RC, Archie Bradley RC, Delin Betances RC, multiple Mariano Rivera SP's, Zach Wheeler autograph and that's just off the top of my head. I am not sure why it even matters what cards I had.

The point is that after trying to sell my cards, I was told to bring them back to Wal Mart and not to come back to the store. At which point I told him I would never come back to his store in a million years and as I am walking out I get the racial epithet.

The interesting thing really is that the younger guy (I reference the long hair to separate him from his father who had shown interest in the cards) was only halfway through my cards when he told me he wasn't interested.

This shows me that the reason he wasn't interested from the start is he thought I was Jewish which is interesting because I don't have any clear identifying markers that I am Jewish.