Beckett Message Boards
What Do You Do If Someone Doesn't Send Your Cards - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+---- Forum: Trading (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-52.html)
+---- Thread: What Do You Do If Someone Doesn't Send Your Cards (/thread-1562158.html)

What Do You Do If Someone Doesn't Send Your Cards - Cards4Kids - 06-29-2014

I am a relatively new member and I have had the luxury of having my first three trades work out perfectly. I now find myself in the dreadful position of not hearing from a potential trade and not receiving any word as to the status of the cards I was suppose to receive. I am wondering what to do next. Thanks in advance for anyone who might give me some good sound advice.

RE: What Do You Do If Someone Doesn't Send Your Cards - floydtown - 06-29-2014

how long has it been?

you can PM me the info....username, address, how long its been

RE: What Do You Do If Someone Doesn't Send Your Cards - akbobcat - 06-30-2014

I hope all works out for the best. Hate to see new traders get thrown off by bad traders.

RE: What Do You Do If Someone Doesn't Send Your Cards - ricelynnevans75 - 06-30-2014

If two weeks or more, contact mods and call them out. If being fishy in communication, especially after they already have your end, and it's been a week, contact a mod and call them out.

People need to communicate before a trade is accepted and be honest. No reason to be lenient and wait a month before contacting a mod IMO.

RE: What Do You Do If Someone Doesn't Send Your Cards - RyanKramer961 - 07-01-2014

(06-30-2014, 08:16 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: If two weeks or more, contact mods and call them out. If being fishy in communication, especially after they already have your end, and it's been a week, contact a mod and call them out.

People need to communicate before a trade is accepted and be honest. No reason to be lenient and wait a month before contacting a mod IMO.

While I agree with this statement on certain levels, you also have to remember that sometimes life can get in the way. Things come up, emergencies happen. If the trader has a lot of trades made and high feedback rating, I don't think it's necessary to call them out. Contacting a mod isn't a bad thing, but I don't see the point in calling EVERYONE out.

RE: What Do You Do If Someone Doesn't Send Your Cards - ricelynnevans75 - 07-02-2014

(07-01-2014, 08:17 PM)RyanKramer961 Wrote: While I agree with this statement on certain levels, you also have to remember that sometimes life can get in the way. Things come up, emergencies happen. If the trader has a lot of trades made and high feedback rating, I don't think it's necessary to call them out. Contacting a mod isn't a bad thing, but I don't see the point in calling EVERYONE out.

I'd rather be wrong in calling someone out and coming back to eat crow than see a potential scammer rip more people off.

RE: What Do You Do If Someone Doesn't Send Your Cards - RyanKramer961 - 07-02-2014

(07-02-2014, 12:37 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: I'd rather be wrong in calling someone out and coming back to eat crow than see a potential scammer rip more people off.

I'm simply saying there are some incredibly good traders on here who can get sidetracked at times with life events, or simply make a mistake in thinking they shipped when they hadn't. If you immediately just jump to calling someone out on the boards, you potentially damage a good traders reputation because of a simple mistake or life getting in the way. Always best to contact the trader first, then a mod, and if the mod gets nothing out of them and you still haven't heard from the trader, then call em out. Telling someone to call out a trader after a couple weeks to the whole board seems a bit overboard to me. Just my thoughts and two cents, everyone has a different view & opinion on it Smile

RE: What Do You Do If Someone Doesn't Send Your Cards - radarblip - 07-02-2014

Jihad

RE: What Do You Do If Someone Doesn't Send Your Cards - ricelynnevans75 - 07-02-2014

Oh I would never "immediately" call someone out. I'd definitely try communicating with them first and check their recent log in time and what not to avoid any issues. However, once people start ignoring PMs/messages in trade, not following through on when they said they'd ship, all while still logging into the site and making posts looking for trades, I'm not going to worry about their rep, that's on them.

I get that life happens and when it does to someone on here, you don't see them still logging into the site, or other trade sites for that matter. They essentially just disappear. When life actually happens, if someone has the time to log into and check out Beckett.com, they have the time to respond to a message at the minimum to give an update.

Personally, I hold those that have been around awhile trading to a higher standard as they know the ropes. The newer members possibly still need to know how things are done before they hit a groove. Those that have been around should know better than to blow people off on a trade.