Beckett Message Boards
2014 Series 2 - 2 Box Family Break - SCANS - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+---- Forum: Box Breaks (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+---- Thread: 2014 Series 2 - 2 Box Family Break - SCANS (/thread-1561441.html)

Pages: 1 2

2014 Series 2 - 2 Box Family Break - SCANS - Phillies_Joe - 06-12-2014

Just got home and waiting were my girls with our family 2 jumbo hobby boxes waiting to be broken open and ripped. For something different, we are going to get started and I'll post what we get after each box. We break slow so stop back later! So excited.......

Box 1: A in my book
Marte Auto
Bench 1967 Rookie Class Ring
Scherzer Relic

Pence Camo
Cain Black boarder 27/63

Schmidt & Dickey thick future star cards

75th buyback cards: 1978 Reds team card - good shape but cut bad & 1975 Jim Lonborg (Phillies!) great shape

Trout Future Stars base - in USA uniform...SP?

2 of each base Tanaka & Abreu.

All base Phillies plus red Ruff & gold Lee and Utley.....

Pictures look great and we move onto box 2.......

Box 2: another A in my book (yes I'm easy to please.....)

Tim Raines Auto
Luis Gonzalez Rookie 1990 Ring (not so awesome)
Mike Leake Relic
Rickey Henderson Gold Framed 43/99 Gold label (fantastic...may be my favorite set of all time and I love me some Rickey!!!!)

Another Red / Phillie buyback combo - Gary Nolan 1977 and Willie Montnez 1975 Awesome!

Black Moss #6/63

Thick Future Stars - Mattingly, Mays, Harper and Trout..great looking reprints

Harper Red - youngest to two OD HR's - nice looking card

Couple more gold Phillies

Thanks..will get scans up tomorrow as time allows.....

[Image: 1_zps3f9f55a2.jpg]
[Image: 3_zps711971fa.jpg]a.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
[Image: 4_zpsc7e73d5b.jpg]
[Image: 2_zpsde54a29a.jpg]

RE: 2014 Series 2 - 2 Box Family Break - ringers1993 - 06-12-2014

Would be interested in any Tigers you pulled.....thanks Jeff

RE: 2014 Series 2 - 2 Box Family Break - ne12bc12 - 06-12-2014

Busting boxes, so much fun. Glad you got some Phillies.

RE: 2014 Series 2 - 2 Box Family Break - mjmj1966 - 06-13-2014

Nice break Joe. Can't wait to see some of the card scans. I'm jealous of all the Phillies. Usually my box breaks contain Orioles. Go figure!

RE: 2014 Series 2 - 2 Box Family Break - DrMitchJ - 06-13-2014

Wow, Joe! You got a nice selection of stuff ... Way to pick the Phillies boxes Smile I hope I get as lucky with some Yankee boxes!
Marte and Raines autos are great pulls. Agree with the Luis Gonzalez rookie ring ... Eh! Never been a fan for some reason ... Never hated him either, just ... Eh!
Hey, big congrats on the Henderson card .... can't wait to see it... Heard those cards look awesome, especially in person. Is the Rickey in a Yankees uni? A's uni? Angels uni?

RE: 2014 Series 2 - 2 Box Family Break - Phillies_Joe - 06-13-2014

(06-12-2014, 10:41 PM)ne12bc12 Wrote: Busting boxes, so much fun. Glad you got some Phillies.

Thanks...always fun opening with the girls. Whats nice is they gt to fight over who had the better hit pulled. I always try and just sit to the side and let them open everything, look at what they got, ask questions ect....then I go through them. Thnaks!

(06-13-2014, 05:55 AM)mjmj1966 Wrote: Nice break Joe. Can't wait to see some of the card scans. I'm jealous of all the Phillies. Usually my box breaks contain Orioles. Go figure!

Yea, mine always seem to be the Reds or Rangers. Nice pulling the Phillies colored from what I open, saves some time and money looking for and getting everything (I shoot for everthing except fot auto's and relics for my PC collection.....though I do collect auto's and relics, just not a priority). Will try to get scans up tonight. Thanks
(06-13-2014, 06:29 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Wow, Joe! You got a nice selection of stuff ... Way to pick the Phillies boxes Smile I hope I get as lucky with some Yankee boxes!
Marte and Raines autos are great pulls. Agree with the Luis Gonzalez rookie ring ... Eh! Never been a fan for some reason ... Never hated him either, just ... Eh!
Hey, big congrats on the Henderson card .... can't wait to see it... Heard those cards look awesome, especially in person. Is the Rickey in a Yankees uni? A's uni? Angels uni?

Thanks DrM....really happy about the 2 boxes. Think the cards look great and got a nice rounded selection. I also don't dislike Luis.....just not my cup of tea....it will be a treasure for somebody else though. The Henderson card does look awesome.....he is in his A's uni (future stars....everyone is on a reprint of rookie or 2/3 year cards...if your don't pull one, the Donnie Baseball has your name on it!). My oldest pulled it and almost fainted as she thought it was real gold....LOL.

Again, Topps flagship, though not high end, really hits the spot for me and my collecting interest. Best of luck with your case break and seriously, think about my offer as I'd rather my goodies/money go to you then someone I don't "know".
(06-12-2014, 09:56 PM)ringers1993 Wrote: Would be interested in any Tigers you pulled.....thanks Jeff

Absolutly......going to need to wait until next week with Fathers day weekend and all.....not sure how much time I will have to sort (hopeing to get some retail blasters and some hangers tonight or sunday) but I'll put them aside for you.

RE: 2014 Series 2 - 2 Box Family Break - rentzington - 06-13-2014

not a bad break at all, didn't realize series 2 had buyback cards. I really hadn't even looked at the checklist because I always got so burned by the flagship boxes.

RE: 2014 Series 2 - 2 Box Family Break - Phillies_Joe - 06-13-2014

(06-13-2014, 08:15 AM)rentzington Wrote: not a bad break at all, didn't realize series 2 had buyback cards. I really hadn't even looked at the checklist because I always got so burned by the flagship boxes.

Thanks.....I now totaly stay away from the hobby boxes and stick with Jumbo for flagship. Like the guarantee auto , relic and (more importantly) the man. ring or award cards. I'll pick up over the next two weeks some hangers and blasters to round out the insert needs and get some trade bait.....just buying needed cards is no fun!

RE: 2014 Series 2 - 2 Box Family Break - alstott9adams - 06-13-2014

Nice break

RE: 2014 Series 2 - 2 Box Family Break - SCANS - RyanKramer961 - 06-14-2014

Would love a shot at the Pence & Cain