Beckett Message Boards
What the heck ebay?!! - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Basketball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: What the heck ebay?!! (/thread-1558086.html)

What the heck ebay?!! - swjrp10 - 04-08-2014

So as most of you know, I've been having some financial hardships lately. Like got married and we are moving this month, which means two rents.

So...I started selling the only things I had, sports cards....and I started with my MJ rookie. It's ungraded, but given the source of the card, I know it's legit. I purchased it from my LCS who I've dealt with for years. A man sold his collection including a few pages of 86-87 fleer. There was ONE page that was bent, and in that page was the MJ rookie.

For some reason, even with all this info, ebay pulled my auction claiming that I was selling fraudulent goods!

Now...I know this card has been counterfeited a lot...so does it have to be graded to sell on ebay?

Given all the fake autos they have selling on there daily, I would like to think that they'd have better stuff to deal with...but evidently not!

RE: What the heck ebay?!! - johngt007 - 04-08-2014

Yea, ebay says if that jordan rookie is not graded its fake. I guess they don't want to deal with it since there a lot of fakes. Maybe list it in the forums for sale.

RE: What the heck ebay?!! - swjrp10 - 04-08-2014

(04-08-2014, 04:44 PM)johngt007 Wrote: Yea, ebay says if that jordan rookie is not graded its fake. I guess they don't want to deal with it since there a lot of fakes. Maybe list it in the forums for sale.

I would, but any time I do I never get any fair offers lol

RE: What the heck ebay?!! - xarzy - 04-08-2014

I would just get it graded.

RE: What the heck ebay?!! - jaykayzee - 04-09-2014

(04-08-2014, 04:26 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: So as most of you know, I've been having some financial hardships lately. Like got married

Sorry, this cracked me up a little lol.

I understand FeeBay not wanting to take chances, but if they claimed I was selling "fraudulent goods", I would be asking for their proof, and point out the accusation isn't appreciated. But it's their site, they do whatever they want.

RE: What the heck ebay?!! - jacobystealshome - 04-09-2014

the policy has been there for years. it's unfortunate, but given the level of fraud with this card, understandable

RE: What the heck ebay?!! - patrick54 - 04-09-2014

Honestly eBay probably did you a favor by not allowing you to sell it raw. Chances are some one would get the card claim its fake and keep it and the money. The forums are your best bet or just have it slabbed.

RE: What the heck ebay?!! - hercules21 - 04-09-2014

i thought you were gonna send it in for grade awhile ago? I'd say send it for authentification at least if you're worried about the grade. cost of submitting, even with quick turnaround, is small compared to the sale value. only reason not to is if you are def keeping for PC.

RE: What the heck ebay?!! - swjrp10 - 04-10-2014

(04-09-2014, 10:54 PM)hercules21 Wrote: i thought you were gonna send it in for grade awhile ago? I'd say send it for authentification at least if you're worried about the grade. cost of submitting, even with quick turnaround, is small compared to the sale value. only reason not to is if you are def keeping for PC.

Well my main problem was I was trying to move it to help pay the rent lol I just like that they blatantly call it fraudulent because it's not graded...but if you to to their autograph section it's full of frauds