Beckett Message Boards
Really? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Really? (/thread-1555829.html)

Pages: 1 2

Really? - butterworth1326 - 03-02-2014

As the Collector spends hard earned money on a string on sudden expenses..

The PC Gods awake and say, "Unleash the cards on eBay"

Ugh, short and sweet rant. Happens way too often

*the bigger problem is: since my recent Christmas PC stock pile I amassed, Hartline is getting outrageous prices right now, I've bantered with 3 sellers since Dec. telling me the reasoning for prices b/c of sold cards....that I bought!! Lol I created a monster...*

RE: Really? - chads-cards - 03-02-2014

What cards on the market? Im sure someone can help out and snag the card(s). and hold them for a little while. I mean I could if it wasn't a high end card

RE: Really? - butterworth1326 - 03-02-2014

(03-02-2014, 08:48 PM)chads-cards Wrote: What cards on the market? Im sure someone can help out and snag the card(s). and hold them for a little while. I mean I could if it wasn't a high end card

I truly appreciate the gesture, and know that this Is a great community of collectors, but I wouldn't want to put anyone in any binds.

But One, of the many that just popped up is a Hartline/Wells/Holmes/Ginn SPx quad auto #1/2 listed at $300 obo, messaged him and he has offers over $200..still out of the price range. I don't regret my last large purchase, but this card is nice!

RE: Really? - ZeroDave - 03-02-2014

(03-02-2014, 08:54 PM)butterworth1326 Wrote: I truly appreciate the gesture, and know that this Is a great community of collectors, but I wouldn't want to put anyone in any binds.

But One, of the many that just popped up is a Hartline/Wells/Holmes/Ginn SPx quad auto #1/2 listed at $300 obo, messaged him and he has offers over $200..still out of the price range. I don't regret my last large purchase, but this card is nice!

That card would be amazing from a Buckeye Collector like myself, best of luck nabbing it Smile

RE: Really? - butterworth1326 - 03-02-2014

(03-02-2014, 08:57 PM)ZeroDave Wrote: That card would be amazing from a Buckeye Collector like myself, best of luck nabbing it Smile

I know!!, when I first got on the this site and was looking at his checklist, I seen a few of these from SPx 2010, there's a couple others but they all have very short print runs. I think the highest one is /3. Being an OSU guy too, it's nice to get some of these. That card would make a great addition to multiple PCs!

RE: Really? - child_please - 03-02-2014

just hope it is still there at the end of the month, try to put some ebay buck money towards it

RE: Really? - butterworth1326 - 03-03-2014

(03-02-2014, 09:04 PM)child_please Wrote: just hope it is still there at the end of the month, try to put some ebay buck money towards it

Yeah, idk though. He said he had offers in the 200 range, eBay bucks and giftcards aside, that's still a little too much IMO.

RE: Really? - jywilli69 - 03-03-2014

Just because he says he has offers over $200, not necessarly true. If it has been there a while, he will either sell it or be stuck with it.If someone offered me $200 and I had a lot less in it, I would sell it.
(03-03-2014, 07:19 AM)butterworth1326 Wrote: Yeah, idk though. He said he had offers in the 200 range, eBay bucks and giftcards aside, that's still a little too much IMO.

RE: Really? - GnC_Fricker - 03-04-2014

You're right that he may not have had an offer of $200 yet simply because he says so.

As for him accepting a lower offer or getting stuck, I'm not so sure. Most of my cards I just auction out and let the market decide the value, however; others I choose a price for and leave it until it sells for what I'm looking for. Don't care if it's a year. Right after the Superbowl, the card frenzy dies down until next draft. People end up "taking what they can get" and making the situation worse. Card values then take a dive. I know if I let a card go that should sell for $600-700 go for less than $200, I'll have just damaged the value of that card and any other similar cards. Considering I'm a collector, that's bad news for me. No reason for cards out of $500 boxes to sell for the same as a card from Rookies & Stars.

I get low-ball offers all the time, people like to get nice things for free and sell the garbage they don't want for piles of cash. Human nature.

As for Hartline, I feel your pain brother. I'm dealing with the same thing right now. Christine Michael didn't play a full minute all season long and somehow he sells near Le'veon Bell levels. I was willing to buy his cards and invest in the post Lynch future but I'm not paying Rookie of the Year prices for a guy who has only seen preseason action and currently sits behind two other players. At least Hartline played lol!

RE: Really? - jywilli69 - 03-04-2014

That is what I'm saying, lol. I like to rack thing s up while I can, before the prices shoot up
(03-04-2014, 10:09 AM)GnC_Fricker Wrote: You're right that he may not have had an offer of $200 yet simply because he says so.

As for him accepting a lower offer or getting stuck, I'm not so sure. Most of my cards I just auction out and let the market decide the value, however; others I choose a price for and leave it until it sells for what I'm looking for. Don't care if it's a year. Right after the Superbowl, the card frenzy dies down until next draft. People end up "taking what they can get" and making the situation worse. Card values then take a dive. I know if I let a card go that should sell for $600-700 go for less than $200, I'll have just damaged the value of that card and any other similar cards. Considering I'm a collector, that's bad news for me. No reason for cards out of $500 boxes to sell for the same as a card from Rookies & Stars.

I get low-ball offers all the time, people like to get nice things for free and sell the garbage they don't want for piles of cash. Human nature.

As for Hartline, I feel your pain brother. I'm dealing with the same thing right now. Christine Michael didn't play a full minute all season long and somehow he sells near Le'veon Bell levels. I was willing to buy his cards and invest in the post Lynch future but I'm not paying Rookie of the Year prices for a guy who has only seen preseason action and currently sits behind two other players. At least Hartline played lol!