Beckett Message Boards
Warning as to a terrible eBay seller. - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Warning as to a terrible eBay seller. (/thread-1554889.html)

Pages: 1 2

Warning as to a terrible eBay seller. - jkiddlridnour - 02-15-2014

So, around Christmas time I hired my best friend to work for me at my LCS and I just discovered this week he was stealing from us. I caught him trying to sell a card that I had personally pulled and traded to my boss, then he came clean after that a little bit at a time until we got to our final list...$1,500 in singles and $3,000 in wax was stolen. We gave him two days to bring the singles he had back and $3,500 in cash or else we were pressing charges(that's grand larceny for those of you keeping score at home). He complied with the deadline and settled up. But I don't know if he'll try and steal from someone else, but I will not do business with him.

Here's his eBay page: http://www.ebay.com/usr/pwnage1356?_trksid=p2053788.m1543.l2754

RE: Warning as to a terrible eBay seller. - savagenate - 02-15-2014

Wow...that's a real kick in the teeth...

RE: Warning as to a terrible eBay seller. - shezdoni - 02-15-2014

Did you let ebay and paypal know all about this? If he stole from you, then he will steal from anyone, and I believe they will close his accounts down, and demand a police investigation into him for selling stolen merchandise.

at least do the right thing here, to protect other people.

RE: Warning as to a terrible eBay seller. - jkiddlridnour - 02-15-2014

(02-15-2014, 10:51 PM)shezdoni Wrote: Did you let ebay and paypal know all about this? If he stole from you, then he will steal from anyone, and I believe they will close his accounts down, and demand a police investigation into him for selling stolen merchandise.

at least do the right thing here, to protect other people.

I'll be reporting him. We didn't launch an investigation or file charges, will that hinder anything from eBay's end?

(02-15-2014, 10:55 PM)jkiddlridnour Wrote: I'll be reporting him. We didn't launch an investigation or file charges, will that hinder anything from eBay's end?

You need to file charges regardless, even if he did return some of the stuff, that kind of theft is no laughing matter, and if he stole that much from your boss, then who else has he been stealing from.

He could have stolen from one of your customers, for all you know, or from other stores, we are talking felony range here, any theft over $800 is considered a felony in most states

Yea, filing charges may seem like a pain in the *****, but tell your boss to think about how he felt when he found out he was being stolen from, then remind him, that he has to at least help prevent this guy/girl from doing it to others.

Tell your boss to file the charges, let the Police and DA do their investigations, and then if your boss decides that he will agree to a lesser plea bargain agreement with this thief, then he can do that, but at least he will feel better knowing that at least he is helping out other people from being ripped off.

(02-15-2014, 11:07 PM)shezdoni Wrote: You need to file charges regardless, even if he did return some of the stuff, that kind of theft is no laughing matter, and if he stole that much from your boss, then who else has he been stealing from.

He could have stolen from one of your customers, for all you know, or from other stores, we are talking felony range here, any theft over $800 is considered a felony in most states

Yea, filing charges may seem like a pain in the *****, but tell your boss to think about how he felt when he found out he was being stolen from, then remind him, that he has to at least help prevent this guy/girl from doing it to others.

Tell your boss to file the charges, let the Police and DA do their investigations, and then if your boss decides that he will agree to a lesser plea bargain agreement with this thief, then he can do that, but at least he will feel better knowing that at least he is helping out other people from being ripped off.

The only definitive proof is a verbal confession as well as some Facebook messages and texts.

(02-15-2014, 11:16 PM)jkiddlridnour Wrote: The only definitive proof is a verbal confession as well as some Facebook messages and texts.

That's more than enough, plus don't forget to go back over his past auctions and see what he sold that also belong to your boss

(02-15-2014, 11:25 PM)shezdoni Wrote: That's more than enough, plus don't forget to go back over his past auctions and see what he sold that also belong to your boss

There's no way of proving they were my boss'. He doens't keep inventory on his PC(which he leaves at the shop)

RE: Warning as to a terrible eBay seller. - ugameck - 02-15-2014

You have your boss's testimony that he had it. His word and your word are good enough coupled with his "statement against interest."

Do whatever you feel is right. That's a lot of money he just popped up with to settle up. Personally, I don't know that I could get $3500 out of the bank in 2 days with that ease....

Only folks I deal with that have cash like that on hand? That steal?? - I've got my suspicion.

(02-15-2014, 11:38 PM)ugameck Wrote: You have your boss's testimony that he had it. His word and your word are good enough coupled with his "statement against interest."

Do whatever you feel is right. That's a lot of money he just popped up with to settle up. Personally, I don't know that I could get $3500 out of the bank in 2 days with that ease....

Only folks I deal with that have cash like that on hand? That steal?? - I've got my suspicion.

He claimed it was from a trust fund.