Beckett Message Boards
Would you want... - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Basketball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Would you want... (/thread-1548789.html)

Pages: 1 2

Would you want... - lynchy19 - 11-06-2013

A booklet with 16 autographs of the same player?
Just not desirable to me at all, talk about overkill...Go look on the news page if you don't know what I'm on about.

RE: Would you want... - djohn - 11-06-2013

I saw that last night on Upper Deck's Facebook post. They did one of Lebron and one of Jordan, but I think both are ridiculously overkill. I would rather have the one with all the different players than the same player signed 16 times, even if that player is Jordan or Lebron.

RE: Would you want... - TBarn291 - 11-06-2013

If I had to think of the worst idea for a sports card, it wouldn't have come close to that. I saw it yesterday and was just amazed. Either Upper Deck is just giving up, or it was a shot at panini lol. Either way horrible idea.

RE: Would you want... - buckunteer - 11-06-2013

16 autos of one player on the same card=insanity.

But the booklets w/ 16 different autos? The one they previewed is absolutely sick. A couple of "why are they on here" guys, sure, but MJ, Lebron, Bird, Magic, Hakeem, Karl Malone, David Robinson, Penny, Grant Hill...that card is just untouchable. If I pulled it I would lose my freakin' mind.

RE: Would you want... - rjcj2017 - 11-06-2013

My guess is Upper Deck is toast and is liquidating everything. That is the only possible reason they would put 16 MJ or LeBron autos on one card/item.

On a related note, after seeing that booklet, I requested a replacement for my outstanding MJ auto redemption.

RE: Would you want... - TBarn291 - 11-06-2013

(11-06-2013, 01:17 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: My guess is Upper Deck is toast and is liquidating everything. That is the only possible reason they would put 16 MJ or LeBron autos on one card/item.

On a related note, after seeing that booklet, I requested a replacement for my outstanding MJ auto redemption.

LOL I would have too. 16 sticker autos of MJ on one card and they can't take care of outstanding redemptions. That is sad.

RE: Would you want... - hempick - 11-06-2013

(11-06-2013, 12:57 PM)buckunteer Wrote: 16 autos of one player on the same card=insanity.

But the booklets w/ 16 different autos? The one they previewed is absolutely sick. A couple of "why are they on here" guys, sure, but MJ, Lebron, Bird, Magic, Hakeem, Karl Malone, David Robinson, Penny, Grant Hill...that card is just untouchable. If I pulled it I would lose my freakin' mind.

Agreed. 16 of the same person seems ridiculous no matter how good they are.

16 autos of different players sounds awesome, though.

RE: Would you want... - JMarchand1981 - 11-07-2013

And it is supposed to be awesome because all of the pictures are different....awesome. Way to be creative UD....vomit.

RE: Would you want... - vgqv - 11-07-2013

Wow, looks like Upper Deck is throwing the towel in. Getting rid of their inventory, 16 stickers one card at a time! haha. I just hope he didn't sign a lifetime contract with UD.. did he?

RE: Would you want... - krayzie83 - 11-08-2013

The one player 16 auto is ridiculous. Would be awesome if the stickers were easily detachable (and somehow clearly marked as to who signed in order to avoid scammers) so you can apply to them to whatever card/item you'd like.