Beckett Message Boards
2013 Baseball Free Card Thread - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: 2013 Baseball Free Card Thread (/thread-1542037.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: 2013 Baseball Free Card Thread - Phillies_Joe - 08-26-2013

Chris (Cross)...thanks for the nice little packet waiting for me when I got home. Can't scan til tommorrow, but got a couple of SP Phillies. All cards needed for one collection or another! Thanks again man. Keep paying it forward gang! Couple packages sent this morning...couple more going out Wednesday. Please remember to post and let us see what you got........

RE: 2013 Baseball Free Card Thread - DrMitchJ - 08-26-2013

(08-26-2013, 04:40 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Haven't had time to check my mailbox, but will do so prior to going home.
I mailed out a couple more packages this morning. I'm slowly going through stuff and finding more and more. So multiple packages may be in your future. Smile

Wow! Brought my mail home this evening and found 2 very nice surprises there ... An envelope from our Northern Friend, Ryan (sp ?) and a package from Big Bill Menard!
The envelope had an awesome Giambi relic! THANKS, Ryan!!!!
From the "great minds think alike" department Bill also sent a Giambi relic to me, as well as a huge stack of other Yankee treasures. Gold Ruth Card, Williams/Beltran combo relic and much more! I'll post pix later!
THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!

RE: 2013 Baseball Free Card Thread - cross4444 - 08-26-2013

Glad to see my PWE Bombs arriving! Let me know if the cards arrive in good condition or if the USPS did their thing to them.

RE: 2013 Baseball Free Card Thread - JRMdawg311 - 08-27-2013

Ok, been really busy but I can't hold this in... The generosity from you guys on this thread has absolutely floored me. I'm speaking to Phillies Joe and Bill Menard. I received 2 large bubble mailers over the weekend packed with some absolutely awesome cards!

The first of which from Phillies Joe contained 2 team sets of the A's and Giants from the 2011 Topps Diamond Anniversary Factory set. As a team collector you have no idea what these sets mean to me. Perfect additions to me team binders! The best of which for me was the Brandon Belt RC which I needed for my Belt rookie super collection. I can't thank you enough!
[Image: FreecardthreadAsJoe_zps07060a56.jpg]
[Image: FreecardthreadGiantsJoe_zpsb0525c00.jpg]

The second package from Bill Menard was chock-full of team lots of both the A's and Giants with some great cards that I really needed for my PC. The Sean Doolittle Blue, Eric Chavez Jersey + too many to list...
[Image: FreecardthreadAs_zps906b2d2f.jpg]
[Image: FreecardthreadAs2_zpsc0f7c8b3.jpg]
The Giants lot was equally impressive, if not more so...
[Image: FreecardthreadGiants1_zps6df37bad.jpg]
and amongst all of these great cards was this...
[Image: e0b5995d-c57e-425a-bed9-55c4f5b59ebc_zps3d2376e4.jpg]

I mean really? I literally felt like a kid getting the "big" hit from opening a pack.
I am not worthy of this thread... I feel so thankful for all of these cards. Thanks again Phillies Joe and Bill Menard!

RE: 2013 Baseball Free Card Thread - DrMitchJ - 08-27-2013

Reading and re-reading this thread, and all I can think is " Xmas in August!"
Everyone is just so incredibly generous!
Here's my bounty, from my earlier post. Sorry I combined Ryan P. and Bill M. In one massive photo!
Thanks you guys! ... And again, thanks to Phillies-Joe for initiating this in the first place!
[Image: null_zps27b15fbd.jpg]

RE: 2013 Baseball Free Card Thread - rmpaq5 - 08-27-2013

Glad the relic made it Doc...more stuff will go out to all as it is found and dug out. Actually just a question. I mailed the Docs out about 5 days after my other envelops/bubbles. Have most of you got something with a Canadian stamp? i know the border can mess things up timing wise sometimes but Phillies_Joe and the Doc are the only ones that have posted something coming from me and I'm getting worried that something may have happened at the PO as many others should have arrived to you all about a week ago. --Ryan

RE: 2013 Baseball Free Card Thread - bill menard - 08-27-2013

(08-27-2013, 12:15 AM)JRMdawg311 Wrote: Ok, been really busy but I can't hold this in... The generosity from you guys on this thread has absolutely floored me. I'm speaking to Phillies Joe and Bill Menard. I received 2 large bubble mailers over the weekend packed with some absolutely awesome cards!

I mean really? I literally felt like a kid getting the "big" hit from opening a pack.
I am not worthy of this thread... I feel so thankful for all of these cards. Thanks again Phillies Joe and Bill Menard!

I am happy to hear they arrived and are helpful to your collection! Like Joe said, and I have been a believer of with threads like these for many years, the best part of them is seeing and hearing about what others are getting and how much they enjoy what they get for a surprise in the mail. I couldn't send everyone relics and autos b/c I just don't have them for all things collected by members of the thread but when I do have something nice just lying around, I'm happy to give to others!

Continue the generosity forward! It keeps some of the fun in the hobby and collecting in a day and age where that part of it is in heavy competition with making money and turning the hobby into a lottery.
(08-27-2013, 07:29 AM)rmpaq5 Wrote: Glad the relic made it Doc...more stuff will go out to all as it is found and dug out. Actually just a question. I mailed the Docs out about 5 days after my other envelops/bubbles. Have most of you got something with a Canadian stamp? i know the border can mess things up timing wise sometimes but Phillies_Joe and the Doc are the only ones that have posted something coming from me and I'm getting worried that something may have happened at the PO as many others should have arrived to you all about a week ago. --Ryan

Ryan, you may have sent to me and I may have received and forgot to post. The first two packages we got my kids and I ripped through in excitement and split the cards up into our collections really quick! I think I did post what was in them both, but forgot to mention who they were from. One was from Phillie Joe, but I can't recall other, though I think the envelope was from Canada.
(08-27-2013, 12:57 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Reading and re-reading this thread, and all I can think is " Xmas in August!"
Everyone is just so incredibly generous!
Here's my bounty, from my earlier post. Sorry I combined Ryan P. and Bill M. In one massive photo!
Thanks you guys! ... And again, thanks to Phillies-Joe for initiating this in the first place!

Sweet! Glad you like them! Lots of Yankees collectors on here and I just so happened to mail to you first. Will get to some others too!

RE: 2013 Baseball Free Card Thread - Neifert - 08-27-2013

Hey guys, i apologize that i haven't sent mine out yet but this month it has been one thing after another. I have 5 packages going out this week and hope to get a few more next week. Again sorry for the delay and thank you to everyone that has sent cards to me. You guys are all awesome. Ryan i did receive a package from you just haven't had time to get pics up or anything. Cards are coming i promise!!

RE: 2013 Baseball Free Card Thread - rmpaq5 - 08-27-2013

Ok good, I dropped off the first wave all together and just wanted to make sure they all didn't get lost together.

RE: 2013 Baseball Free Card Thread - Racinghy - 08-27-2013

Hey, if anybody send me cards, just give me a heads up when you send them so I'm not like 'What is this??" when they come. I'll get cross the royals I have and try to get some others out.