Beckett Message Boards
Who disappointed you the most? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Who disappointed you the most? (/thread-1541888.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Who disappointed you the most? - zeprock - 08-04-2013

1. Alex Rodriguez
2. Rafael Palmeiro
3. Manny Ramirez
4. Barry Bonds
5. Roger Clemens
6. Sammy Sosa
7. Jose Canseco
8. Mark McGwire
9. Ryan Braun
10. Pete Rose

I collect Hall of Fame players and potential Hall of Famers and other than Braun (never jumped on the bandwagon) and Rose (who started playing before I started collecting), I collected all of these players beginning with their rookie years and have hundreds and hundreds of their cards.

Of these ten players, I would have to put ARod at the top of my list. I invested a lot into ARod's cards and have more than 2000 different cards of him. To me it's a major disappointment that he's more than likely destroyed his chance to go into the Hall of Fame. I'd put Palmeiro second for his blatant denial. Manny third because he got caught more than once and didn't seem to care. Bonds and Clemens to a lesser extent because they both had obvious above average talent and (allegedly) chose to poison their reps.

Braun near the bottom of the list because I don't have much invested in him and therefore don't have a lot to lose. Rose at the bottom because I don't feel Rose's actions were that bad compared to the others on this list.

Which of these players have disappointed you the most?

RE: Who disappointed you the most? - Blury1 - 08-04-2013

It's just sad all together I think I would put a roid first but I'm sure when he looks at his bank account he prob don't even care

RE: Who disappointed you the most? - waynetalger - 08-04-2013

Thats a pretty good list I would add a few more that I never seen like the Blacksox players.

I have my thoughts on Pete for #1 but I wont go there and I assume this is an opinion thread so I leave it there. Because everytime Pete os put on this kind of list he always turns int a drama thread. LOL

RE: Who disappointed you the most? - jgrunert - 08-04-2013

I would have to say that I am most disappointed in Mark McGwire. He was supposed to be the guy that brought the fans back to baseball. While he did do that, it sucks that a baseball hero to so many could hurt their image so bad. Everyone else to me doesn't even come close to that level of disappointment.

RE: Who disappointed you the most? - rentzington - 08-04-2013

I've got to be honest none of the steroid users really disappointed me and none of them using is really a shock at all.
Players want to win and some of them will do whatever it takes to be the best, and that quality is what makes the great players great...they want to win at all costs.

Rose I think is a different animal all together, the guy bet on baseball and there is no excuse for that

RE: Who disappointed you the most? - rad_1205 - 08-04-2013

#1 BUD SELIG!!!!!

Sorry he has been the boss throught all this crap. He allowed it to happen. He didnt care when Baseball was getting fans back in the sits after the '94 strike. He cashed in on everyone of these guys and now the players are the BLAME!!! Get out of here!

Yeah, the players are at fault to a certain extent, but its a joke that everyone is turning a blind eye when it comes to the commissioner. SELIG SHOULD HAVE BEEN GONE A LONG TIME AGO!!!!

RE: Who disappointed you the most? - rentzington - 08-04-2013

(08-04-2013, 12:02 PM)rad_1205 Wrote: #1 BUD SELIG!!!!!

Sorry he has been the boss throught all this crap. He allowed it to happen. He didnt care when Baseball was getting fans back in the sits after the '94 strike. He cashed in on everyone of these guys and now the players are the BLAME!!! Get out of here!

Yeah, the players are at fault to a certain extent, but its a joke that everyone is turning a blind eye when it comes to the commissioner. SELIG SHOULD HAVE BEEN GONE A LONG TIME AGO!!!!

YES! 1000x yes
Selig did nothing until it became obvious fan's didn't like steroid users then suddenly is the "strong" campaign to punish them.
It also seems he goes after the unlikeable players more.

RE: Who disappointed you the most? - tntmclmm - 08-04-2013

(08-04-2013, 12:02 PM)rad_1205 Wrote: #1 BUD SELIG!!!!!

Totally agree.

RE: Who disappointed you the most? - chevy man 22 - 08-04-2013

None of them disappointed me more than another because I simply don't hold people to that kind of standard. My belief is if you live long enough everyone is going to do something stupid or illegal it's human nature.

RE: Who disappointed you the most? - ty4orce - 08-04-2013

I agree 100% with RAD_1205.....secondly after the ban of PEDS......I agree with all punishments ...in my opinion they should be banned from baseball altogether until that happens there will still be PED use in baseball...that's just my opinion.....