Beckett Message Boards
Question about Upper Deck/Michael Jordan Auto Redemption - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Basketball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Question about Upper Deck/Michael Jordan Auto Redemption (/thread-1541135.html)

Pages: 1 2

Question about Upper Deck/Michael Jordan Auto Redemption - rjcj2017 - 07-25-2013

Hey guys, I picked up a 2012-13 MJ auto redemption on the bay ... got it today, redeemed it today, everything was good there.

The status on the redemption says "Athlete committed to signing soon, please be patient" and gives a turnaround time of 12-16 weeks.

My question is this ... based on the numbering of the card (HC-MJ), I'm pretty sure there are already live copies on the bay.

It's one of the SP Authentic Home Court Signatures cards, and the "court" itself is signed.

So is it possible that I just got a generic message, and since it's already live (I'm pretty sure), it could/should be here sooner?

I'm not worried about getting it, as I'm pretty confident in the "spokesman" autos in general — just would rather not wait until Thanksgiving if I didn't have to, LOL.

RE: Question about Upper Deck/Michael Jordan Auto Redemption - djohn - 07-25-2013

I've been eyeing up that same card, except the redeemed version and not the redemption card. It is definitely a nice looking card and a nice low entry point for a Jordan auto.
I think the message you got is just a generic message and not necessarily specific to that card. Hopefully you get the card sooner than you expect.

RE: Question about Upper Deck/Michael Jordan Auto Redemption - JMarchand1981 - 07-25-2013

...and if not it will be a sweet Christmas at the RJ household! JUst playing man. You should get it pretty soon because it looks like others have received it already.

RE: Question about Upper Deck/Michael Jordan Auto Redemption - rjcj2017 - 07-25-2013

(07-25-2013, 10:54 PM)djohn Wrote: I've been eyeing up that same card, except the redeemed version and not the redemption card. It is definitely a nice looking card and a nice low entry point for a Jordan auto.
I think the message you got is just a generic message and not necessarily specific to that card. Hopefully you get the card sooner than you expect.

Granted, it's a redemption, but I have NEVER seen a Jordan auto go for what I got it for, so I had to jump on it.

Plus, I know a lot of people hate redemptions (I do too, for the most part), but the bright side is this ... since they send the live card directly to you, it's the next best thing to pulling it yourself ... nobody else has owned it!
(07-25-2013, 10:58 PM)JMarchand1981 Wrote: ...and if not it will be a sweet Christmas at the RJ household! JUst playing man. You should get it pretty soon because it looks like others have received it already.

You should PM me to hear the sweet a-- story of this most recent acquisition.

RE: Question about Upper Deck/Michael Jordan Auto Redemption - kstjst - 07-25-2013

I pulled a redemption and I pulled an actual signed card out of packs for this particular item. So there were both. I found it weird that MJ had a redemption, because you rarely see any redemptions from him. But from what I see, this is the more common of all of the MJ autographs from 2012-13 SP Authentic...if I'm not mistaken, out of a case, you should get at least one MJ auto. So UD has watered down his autos.

It's still a great card to have though...congrats!

(07-25-2013, 11:03 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Granted, it's a redemption, but I have NEVER seen a Jordan auto go for what I got it for, so I had to jump on it.

RE: Question about Upper Deck/Michael Jordan Auto Redemption - rjcj2017 - 07-25-2013

(07-25-2013, 11:18 PM)kstjst Wrote: I pulled a redemption and I pulled an actual signed card out of packs for this particular item. So there were both. I found it weird that MJ had a redemption, because you rarely see any redemptions from him. But from what I see, this is the more common of all of the MJ autographs from 2012-13 SP Authentic...if I'm not mistaken, out of a case, you should get at least one MJ auto. So UD has watered down his autos.

It's still a great card to have though...congrats!

Thanks man. And yeah, I'm not worried about the "watered down" angle ... if a dude like me can finally obtain an MJ auto, empty the Hoover Dam for all I care, LOL

RE: Question about Upper Deck/Michael Jordan Auto Redemption - djohn - 07-26-2013

(07-25-2013, 11:30 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Thanks man. And yeah, I'm not worried about the "watered down" angle ... if a dude like me can finally obtain an MJ auto, empty the Hoover Dam for all I care, LOL
I know what you mean. That card has been selling for around $300 now, and I have seen some go for as low as $250 which just seems so low compared with more other Jordan autos. I can only imagine how many of these Upper Deck made considering how many have come up for sale and that they actually did redemptions for these cards as well.

RE: Question about Upper Deck/Michael Jordan Auto Redemption - joncarrie2006 - 07-28-2013

I Have the JO version, and I contacted UD to see if there was a date where he would be signing, and as of Friday they have no date but plan on having it fulfilled
(07-25-2013, 11:30 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Thanks man. And yeah, I'm not worried about the "watered down" angle ... if a dude like me can finally obtain an MJ auto, empty the Hoover Dam for all I care, LOL

Exactly! I got mine for $300 and thought it was a steal

RE: Question about Upper Deck/Michael Jordan Auto Redemption - rjcj2017 - 07-29-2013

(07-28-2013, 04:05 PM)joncarrie2006 Wrote: I Have the JO version, and I contacted UD to see if there was a date where he would be signing, and as of Friday they have no date but plan on having it fulfilled

Exactly! I got mine for $300 and thought it was a steal

What's weird is there are already live copies of the bay of my card, if I'm reading the numbering correctly.

Another poster said some were issued live and some as redemptions, so I'm hoping they've already got them in and ready to go.

Man, I would be pi--ed if he didn't sign them for some reason.

"Uh, we'll send you an equivalent replacement ... "

Yikes, I can only imagine. I guess as long as it's a Jordan auto I don't care, but the reason I chose that redemption specifically (besides the price, LOL) was that I liked the look of that specific card.

A lot of the "vintage" North Carolina photos of MJ are either washed out, grainy or both. This one wasn't, which was a big part of why I liked it.

RE: Question about Upper Deck/Michael Jordan Auto Redemption - rjcj2017 - 07-29-2013

UPDATE:

As it turns out, I was reading the redemption incorrectly, as the printing was very blurry ... I do not have HC-MJ, I have HC-MI ... crap!

So, I have no idea what it will look like, or when I will get it.

Fantastic.

F%&*$ I hate redemptions!