Beckett Message Boards
When did that 'bay feature start? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: When did that 'bay feature start? (/thread-1540790.html)

When did that 'bay feature start? - creativemunky - 07-21-2013

Just noticed that any "Buy it Now" auction now tells the buyer how many people are watching it.
Pressuring people to make the purchase I assume.

RE: When did that 'bay feature start? - jacobystealshome - 07-21-2013

been that way for a while now (auctions too)

just recently, they added a "x bidders have watched this item in the past 24 hours"

RE: When did that 'bay feature start? - creativemunky - 07-21-2013

(07-21-2013, 05:46 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: been that way for a while now (auctions too)

just recently, they added a "x bidders have watched this item in the past 24 hours"

Yea, in the last 3 months Ive been doing most my stuff off my phone due to my move into a house. Just got internet last week.

Looks like they are just pressuring buyers into paying full price on Buy it Now. JMO

RE: When did that 'bay feature start? - krn001 - 07-21-2013

(07-21-2013, 05:29 PM)creativemunky Wrote: Just noticed that any "Buy it Now" auction now tells the buyer how many people are watching it.
Pressuring people to make the purchase I assume.

I tend to think most if not all of the watchers are people that have the same item when it's a BIN. If someone is interested as a buyer there's no point watching something that could be bought at any given time, plus you can save the link & not click "watch item". I haven't list much in the way of cards but plenty of other items & have used the BIN feature much more than auction style but do allow the best offer option.

RE: When did that 'bay feature start? - Blury1 - 07-21-2013

Sometimes ill watch things just to see what the price goes too

RE: When did that 'bay feature start? - creativemunky - 07-21-2013

(07-21-2013, 07:58 PM)Blury1 Wrote: Sometimes ill watch things just to see what the price goes too

Same here, but I got bit on that by trying to see how low the guy could go.
Had an auto card I wanted that ended around $130 before.
He had it listed for that but every DAY the price went a dollar till it was down to $100 and 1 day to go. I was seeing if he would go lower, but someone jumped on it.

RE: When did that 'bay feature start? - SGC300ier - 07-21-2013

I watch items I've bought in the past to see if I got a good deal or not. Most of the time I forget I put an item I actually want to buy in the watch list, so I never bid lol
Although, there was one item that I was looking at (the picture on the left side of my sig) and I was going to make an offer, but it told me there were already a few offers the seller hadn't responded to yet, so I snagged it at the full price to make sure I got it.

RE: When did that 'bay feature start? - djohn - 07-21-2013

(07-21-2013, 07:40 PM)krn001 Wrote: I tend to think most if not all of the watchers are people that have the same item when it's a BIN. If someone is interested as a buyer there's no point watching something that could be bought at any given time, plus you can save the link & not click "watch item". I haven't list much in the way of cards but plenty of other items & have used the BIN feature much more than auction style but do allow the best offer option.
I add a lot of cards to my watch list including plenty of BIN auctions. One reason I like the watch list is it follows my ebay account, so I can see it from my desktop, laptop, cell phone, work, tablet etc. There are plenty of BIN auctions I watch, usually because the seller is asking more than I want to pay (and either doesn't have best offer or already turned my offer down). I watch them to see if they ever sell or if the seller ever lowers his asking price. There have been plenty that after watching for 3 months (with multiple relistings) the seller finally relists with a more reasonable asking price (or puts the card "on sale" with a discounted asking price) and I buy it right away.