Beckett Message Boards
What are the things you ENJOY and LIKE about collecting/trading? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: What are the things you ENJOY and LIKE about collecting/trading? (/thread-1534194.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

What are the things you ENJOY and LIKE about collecting/trading? - rob024420 - 04-25-2013

Let's see if we can get some positive things going about collecting and trading.

RE: What are the things you ENJOY and LIKE about collecting/trading? - rob024420 - 04-25-2013

(04-25-2013, 10:38 AM)Ziveus101 Wrote: *Pulling a card of your PC guy out of a pack.

Doing this ^ is awesome!

RE: What are the things you ENJOY and LIKE about collecting/trading? - rmpaq5 - 04-25-2013

(04-25-2013, 10:38 AM)Ziveus101 Wrote: *Pulling a card of your PC guy out of a pack.
*Pulling a guy on your favorite team out of a pack.
*Trading to help your collection grow.
*Trading to help your fellow collector's collection grow.

All this and the satisfaction of knocking off a set or project.
Spending time with your kid organizing and sorting his (or her but his for me Smile ) stuff

RE: What are the things you ENJOY and LIKE about collecting/trading? - rob024420 - 04-25-2013

rmpaq5: Good stuff, gotta keep the kids involved

RE: What are the things you ENJOY and LIKE about collecting/trading? - Blury1 - 04-25-2013

I just enjoy the smell of the cards when you rip a pack open kinda wierd I know

RE: What are the things you ENJOY and LIKE about collecting/trading? - jgrunert - 04-25-2013

For me its like you are getting a piece of history of the game. I also love seeing everyone's big hits and hearing the story behind the hit. There is also always the rush you get when you hit it big and get really excited.

blury1: Nothing wrong with that, everyone has their reasons
jgrunert: pretty much the same reasons I collect and trade

RE: What are the things you ENJOY and LIKE about collecting/trading? - zeprock - 04-25-2013

For me it's an obsession. I have an entire collecting process. Once I add new cards to my collection, I delete them from my wantlist on my website. I add them to my "have" list in my collection files. I have a list for each of the over 100 different players I collect. I physically add them chronologically to my binder of that certain player which requires me moving each card over a space if it's an older card. If I deem a card "worthy", I will scan it and feature it in that player's corresponding gallery on my website. Dupes get listed for trade on my site. I search Beckett's OPG and list players from new sets on my wantlist. I love browsing other trade lists looking to fill holes in my player collections. Keeping my website up to date, adding new cards, sorting, inventorying, trading duplicates, pulling cards, browsing through them as I put them in their binders, all of this takes time and the time I spend doing all of this is enjoyable to me. That's why I love this hobby.

I can't afford to buy much new product but when I do, I love pulling a nice card of a player I collect. I like trading online because that allows me to get rid of my dupes and get more cards to add to my collection. I've met some great people through trading online. The best feeling for me though is spending hours at a card show and assembling a box of several hundred singles and knowing that they're all going home with me.

(04-25-2013, 12:33 PM)zeprock Wrote: For me it's an obsession. I have an entire collecting process. Once I add new cards to my collection, I delete them from my wantlist on my website. I add them to my "have" list in my collection files. I have a list for each of the over 100 different players I collect. I physically add them chronologically to my binder of that certain player which requires me moving each card over a space if it's an older card. If I deem a card "worthy", I will scan it and feature it in that player's corresponding gallery on my website. Dupes get listed for trade on my site. I search Beckett's OPG and list players from new sets on my wantlist. I love browsing other trade lists looking to fill holes in my player collections. Keeping my website up to date, adding new cards, sorting, inventorying, trading duplicates, pulling cards, browsing through them as I put them in their binders, all of this takes time and the time I spend doing all of this is enjoyable to me. That's why I love this hobby.

^That is impressive. I wish I had the discipline to stay on top of my pc items like that.

RE: What are the things you ENJOY and LIKE about collecting/trading? - LonghornMike311 - 04-25-2013

I love to buy retail out the wazoo (no hobby shops near me) until I get all the base/Inserts/Parallels of my PC guys (Below).

All I have to do is go on ebay when a set comes out and buy my PC players for cheap,but nope, I'd rather spend a pile of money I don't have to buy retail and "chase" them rather than just out-right buy them.

It's a goofy way of collecting,but that's why it's called a hobby my friends. haha Tongue

This is a fun thread,keep it going!