Beckett Message Boards
Trading question? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+---- Forum: Trading (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-52.html)
+---- Thread: Trading question? (/thread-1531104.html)

Trading question? - joba the clark - 03-21-2013

Hi....I am just curious if there is a way to see where the trader is from before you accept a trade? I hate when I accept a trade and I see that the trader is Canada. No offense to Canadian traders you have all been great but it just means I am stuck paying $9 for shipping. I noticed the Canadian post office is still charging the usual couple bucks to ship to the US.

RE: Trading question? - BaseballFr3ak - 03-21-2013

It has either the Canadian Flag or the US flag in the corner of the trade...hope that helps!

RE: Trading question? - crazyforkinsler5 - 03-21-2013

When you're working a trade, look at the page that shows what's being traded. There should be a flag by the person's name. It will be next to the feedback rating. Check the flag and see what it is.

(03-21-2013, 08:33 AM)joba the clark Wrote: Hi....I am just curious if there is a way to see where the trader is from before you accept a trade? I hate when I accept a trade and I see that the trader is Canada. No offense to Canadian traders you have all been great but it just means I am stuck paying $9 for shipping. I noticed the Canadian post office is still charging the usual couple bucks to ship to the US.

RE: Trading question? - joba the clark - 03-21-2013

Ah HA...Thanks for the info.
(03-21-2013, 08:39 AM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: When you're working a trade, look at the page that shows what's being traded. There should be a flag by the person's name. It will be next to the feedback rating. Check the flag and see what it is.

RE: Trading question? - rmpaq5 - 03-21-2013

(03-21-2013, 08:33 AM)joba the clark Wrote: No offense to Canadian traders you have all been great but it just means I am stuck paying $9 for shipping. I noticed the Canadian post office is still charging the usual couple bucks to ship to the US.

Non taken and I don't hold it against anyone from the States when they cancel a trade because of the postage, even though this is hapening a lot lately. I usually tell my traders to go over BV on my side to even out, or I had one massive trade where I got 700 hundreds of base cards for substantially less inserts jsy etc...but equal BV. My traders shipping was $20 so as part of the deal I happily chipped in via paypal to help out on some of the shipping. If I keep the Bubble Mailer flat enough I can send out a trade for $2.50-$3.50 to the states. However, as soon as the bubble mailer hits a certain width (2cm I think). It jacks up to 10 bucks and has to go airmail. Yes airmail. This really doesn't make sense to me at times. Just Monday I sent a package off to Detroit and it had to go airmail. Detroit is a grand total of a 3hour drive from here. I asked and they said that even if I was in Windsor , my original hometown and across the river it would have to go airmail. 'Course this is what I was told buy the woman behind a counter not any high up official.

RE: Trading question? - joba the clark - 03-21-2013

I have no problem making trades with Canadian members, but I just like to get my moneys worth now with the shipping being so expensive. It really is unfair for all you Canadian traders. I also don't understand why its so expensive for us to ship to Canada while shipping from Canada is still the same price. I asked the lady at the post office that question and she was a complete _%#$% about it.
(03-21-2013, 10:26 AM)rmpaq5 Wrote: Non taken and I don't hold it against anyone from the States when they cancel a trade because of the postage, even though this is hapening a lot lately. I usually tell my traders to go over BV on my side to even out, or I had one massive trade where I got 700 hundreds of base cards for substantially less inserts jsy etc...but equal BV. My traders shipping was $20 so as part of the deal I happily chipped in via paypal to help out on some of the shipping. If I keep the Bubble Mailer flat enough I can send out a trade for $2.50-$3.50 to the states. However, as soon as the bubble mailer hits a certain width (2cm I think). It jacks up to 10 bucks and has to go airmail. Yes airmail. This really doesn't make sense to me at times. Just Monday I sent a package off to Detroit and it had to go airmail. Detroit is a grand total of a 3hour drive from here. I asked and they said that even if I was in Windsor , my original hometown and across the river it would have to go airmail. 'Course this is what I was told buy the woman behind a counter not any high up official.

RE: Trading question? - tate31nym - 03-21-2013

If you can make your send as flat as possible, your post office may accept it as a "large envelope" which is considerably cheaper shipping - to canada that is.

I made my first trade to Australia the other day. Surprisingly the shipping wasn't too different than to Canada.

RE: Trading question? - x5ofspades - 03-21-2013

flatter than 3/4 of an inch and should be able to send it as large envelope. usually under $3 USD