Beckett Message Boards
MJ maildays: three more adds, platinum-y feel w/ scan 1-15! - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Basketball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: MJ maildays: three more adds, platinum-y feel w/ scan 1-15! (/thread-1524401.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: MJ maildays! Two rare 90s parallels w/ scan 12-31! - buckunteer - 01-01-2015

(01-01-2015, 11:33 AM)altz11 Wrote: I need to buy more unopened boxes lol.

haha for $8 a box I'd do it all day long! It was a bizarre hybrid box, it had 95-96 UD cards but also I think 4 SP Championship cards per pack. I'd never seen/heard of it, and obviously not too many other collectors had either since I got it so cheap.

Definitely don't come out ahead that often, but this was an enjoyable exception. Even got a second E.C. gold card in the box of Glenn Robinson and a couple MJ Collection inserts.

RE: MJ maildays! Two rare 90s parallels w/ scan 12-31! - buckunteer - 01-28-2015

1-card update today. Nothing major, but one of my favorite 90s card, and definitely my favorite card of MJ's in the #45 jersey, which is why I had to have it in gem mint!

[Image: MJemotiongemmint001_zps56763dd3.jpg]

RE: MJ maildays: An "emotion"al update w/scan 1-28! - altz11 - 01-29-2015

I always liked the jordan emotion card. Very cool looking set and I think it's one of his base cards that is undervalued, but then again there are a bunch floating around.

Years ago I bought my older brothers' basketball card collection and saw the emotion card and thought "jackpot". I looked it up in a Beckett and saw it had a bv of like $12 lol. For some reason I thought it was worth like 60-80.

Nice addition buck, I still need a gym copy in my pc.

RE: MJ maildays: An "emotion"al update w/scan 1-28! - newfiecomicguy1 - 01-29-2015

The emotion cards are nice, great photo selection.

RE: MJ maildays: An "emotion"al update w/scan 1-28! - buckunteer - 01-29-2015

I remember when these came out they were $5 a pack and I was like 11. The card shop I went to was literally a block from my house and if you wanted to spend over $5 he called your parents to make sure it was ok haha. I pulled the MJ NTense insert from the very first pack I tried and was absolutely hooked!

That's awesome. The card shop owner seems like a real standup guy to call the parents to make sure if the kids could spend that much money. Most people wouldn't think twice about taking the 5 bucks from a kid.

RE: MJ maildays: An "emotion"al update w/scan 1-28! - buckunteer - 01-29-2015

$5 is still a lot of money to me man. I found a one dollar coin in the parking garage on campus a few weeks back and was stoked lol. To an 11-year old in 1995? Big-time!

RE: MJ maildays: An "emotion"al update w/scan 1-28! - jdetter23 - 01-29-2015

(01-29-2015, 03:23 PM)buckunteer Wrote: $5 is still a lot of money to me man. I found a one dollar coin in the parking garage on campus a few weeks back and was stoked lol. To an 11-year old in 1995? Big-time!

Really like the MJ Buck! You arent kidding about the $5 lol. I was literally thinking today why I never bought Topps Chrome back in 96 and was like oh yea I think they were like 15-20 bucks a pack lol. I was like 10 at the time and that was the whole amount my parents would let me spend in one visit! haha good times.

I remember back in 98-99 I was really into 98-99 fleer tradition. I must have bought like 3-4 boxes and tons of packs. Come to find out I was buying the retail packs and basically just throwing my money away looking for big hits like playmakers theatre, electrifying and classic 61. I think they were like $60 a box. I should have bought some skybox metal instead!

RE: MJ maildays: An "emotion"al update w/scan 1-28! - SHowley2003 - 01-29-2015

Great title Buck! I knew that would be the card and I was so excited to open the thread an see it! I loved this stuff. I remember saving up for a week just to go down to the LCS and buy one pack. I would then run to the nearest Beckett and drool over the values of each base card. Great pickup! I have a few Zo's in my PC. I think I need to go chase all the Celtics from this set.