Beckett Message Boards
MJ maildays: three more adds, platinum-y feel w/ scan 1-15! - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Basketball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: MJ maildays: three more adds, platinum-y feel w/ scan 1-15! (/thread-1524401.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

MJ maildays: three more adds, platinum-y feel w/ scan 1-15! - buckunteer - 01-19-2013

This is probably the last big mailday post I will have for awhile...I have a couple old school boxes coming soon but other than that I gotta back off the spending after blowing through some holiday money haha.

[Image: moreMJs1-19001.jpg]

The Jam City was from a trade w/ TBarn, everything else in these scans was bought so clearly I gotta ease up on the spending!

This next scan shows the bulk of the spending in the lower right-hand corner...

[Image: MJs1-19001.jpg]

98-99 Black Diamond Sheer Brilliance EXTREME #ed 18/23!! It is now the most valuable MJ in my collection...I'm trying to step up a bit, though my collection will never compare to the likes of ping, hegotgame, and of course Troubless, among others.

Lastly, this card is the result of my "$50 for one MJ" thread...

I think I did pretty darn good, what do you think??

[Image: MJscoringkings001.jpg]

Not sure if the seller wants a shout-out or not since it was offered privately, I'll leave it up to the seller. But I am PUMPED to pick that up, it was in my top 10 wish list of actually gettable cards that I wanted, so the list is down to nine Smile Thanks for looking everybody!

RE: Massive MJ mailday with scans!! - pingbling23 - 01-19-2013

nice jordans, im jealous of the scoring kings, i still gotta get one for my pc.

RE: Massive MJ mailday with scans!! - TBarn291 - 01-19-2013

Great stuff man! Happy to contribute, yours came today and everything looked great!

RE: Massive MJ mailday with scans!! - odditycards - 01-19-2013

Love the SB!

RE: Massive MJ mailday with scans!! - nickm1123 - 01-19-2013

Haha of course I want a shout out. I am glad you got it and you are happy with it. Did you need the two bonus cards? Also, I will post later why I was able to sell the Scoring Kings to you Smile
The reason why I sold my raw copy was I picked up this for $70 + shipping. Since the raw cards are going for 50-60 I was happy to get this for the price I did. I obviously lost a couple dollars on the swap, but if I had my raw copy sent in to be graded it would have been 8-10 dollars anyways. This is one of those cards, that IMO, needs to be slabbed. Happy with a 8.5 and was happy to help out Buckunteer get a new MJ and teach him how fun it is to buy singles Smile
[Image: 100_3115_zps8c7c8a06.jpg]

RE: Massive MJ mailday with scans!! - buckunteer - 01-19-2013

haha that explains a lot Smile I think the raw one you sent me is an 8.5 as well. I'll probably send it in to see.

Didn't need the extras for the PC but that Sharpshooter is one of my favs. Way over the top man I appreciate it tons!

And thanks to everybody else for the comments!

RE: Massive MJ mailday with scans!! - Megatron2181 - 01-19-2013

Some sick pick ups Smile

RE: Massive MJ mailday with scans!! - swjrp10 - 01-19-2013

Wow nice pickups

RE: Massive MJ mailday with scans!! - nickm1123 - 01-19-2013

(01-19-2013, 07:54 PM)buckunteer Wrote: haha that explains a lot Smile I think the raw one you sent me is an 8.5 as well. I'll probably send it in to see.

Didn't need the extras for the PC but that Sharpshooter is one of my favs. Way over the top man I appreciate it tons!

And thanks to everybody else for the comments!

Good man, I am glad you thought that. I felt that it would grade between an 8-8.5 but I didnt want to send it in. And I figured for the 8-10 it would cost to get it graded (and the price I got the 8.5 for) I would break about even, which I did. I also didnt want to list it on Ebay because that takes too long. So I was glad to see you wanted it and glad to hear that you are happy. With some of my cards I am selling my raw version if I can get a graded version for about the same price.

RE: Massive MJ mailday with scans!! - mickey7mantle7 - 01-19-2013

Dang Buck...nice cards! Love the Scoring Kings. Hope it grades highSmile
Didn''t know TBarn was holding out on some MJ'$ ...Smile