Beckett Message Boards
Kings to Seattle! - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Basketball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Kings to Seattle! (/thread-1523297.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Kings to Seattle! - rjcj2017 - 01-14-2013

(01-12-2013, 11:27 AM)a2coupe2a Wrote: Its not all about winning... if it was we would have ran the mariners out of town 10 years ago.

I just cant wait to see home town kid Isiah Thomas playing in seattle. He grew up about 5 minutes from me.

Yeah, you're 100 percent correct, it's not about the winning ... you guys are actually, if you think about it, quite possibly the most underwhelming and unimpressive "major sports city" in the US ...

Think about it ...

No hockey (not that that really matters)

No World Series titles.

No Super Bowl titles.

One, that's ... one, NBA title.

And it was in the 1970s, aka "The Coke Era" ... when nobody noticed or cared about the NBA.

Hell, the Bullets and the Warriors won titles that decade, too.

Wow, one championship.

Total.

Ever.

Unless you count the Seattle Storm, didn't they win one? Or six?

Who knows ... or cares!

Come to think of it, the Kings are perfect for you! Enjoy!

By the way, I was really sad to see the Seahawks not get the memo on that last drive that the Falcons are actually pretty good at throwing the ball.

That Tony Gonzalez, he just might be something someday! That catch could spring board him to a great career!

Man, it's a b-tch when karma clouds up and rains down on you!

Speaking of rain ... ah, never mind, too easy.

Anyway, when the deal falls apart, you guys should try to take the Ducks away from Anaheim.

That way, you'd have "the big four" covered. Sort of.

Like you guys, they love to try to steal our team ...

Now, predictably, you'll try to reply that "at least we have those sports ..."

True. But remember ... you only have ONE more title than Sacramento!

And at least we have a good reason.

RE: Kings to Seattle! - jay187 - 01-16-2013

hell yeah i miss the sonics they where an awsome team and a one time finals appreace

RE: Kings to Seattle! - xstreaminsanity - 01-18-2013

Seeing as how this is a touchy subject for both parties, I'll let the previous posts go (unless other moderators deem it worthy to edit/remove them), but please leave it at that. Remember, there are fans from both sides that are affected by this, both good and bad. I personally don't like how it's done. I think if a team can't sustain, then it folds. All players that are left over should get added to the draft (after the first round) the following year, the previous owners should be responsible for any players who don't get picked up in that draft (they were given a contract, pay them), and then the city that wants to open a team gets approval from the league to do so. Franchises should stay with a city. Charlotte should own the Charlotte franchise, so anything that is Charlotte Hornetts and Charlotte Bobcats. New Orleans starts with a clean slate. Same with Seattle vs. OKC and now Sacramento vs. Seattle (should it happen). But please people, remember that though you may be happy and want to celebrate, do it with as much dignity as you can and respect the feelings of those negatively affected by this.

RE: Kings to Seattle! - rjcj2017 - 01-18-2013

(01-18-2013, 01:12 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: Seeing as how this is a touchy subject for both parties, I'll let the previous posts go (unless other moderators deem it worthy to edit/remove them), but please leave it at that. Remember, there are fans from both sides that are affected by this, both good and bad. I personally don't like how it's done. I think if a team can't sustain, then it folds. All players that are left over should get added to the draft (after the first round) the following year, the previous owners should be responsible for any players who don't get picked up in that draft (they were given a contract, pay them), and then the city that wants to open a team gets approval from the league to do so. Franchises should stay with a city. Charlotte should own the Charlotte franchise, so anything that is Charlotte Hornetts and Charlotte Bobcats. New Orleans starts with a clean slate. Same with Seattle vs. OKC and now Sacramento vs. Seattle (should it happen). But please people, remember that though you may be happy and want to celebrate, do it with as much dignity as you can and respect the feelings of those negatively affected by this.

Jason, where have you been, man?!? Good to hear from you ...

RE: Kings to Seattle! - xstreaminsanity - 01-19-2013

(01-18-2013, 08:11 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Jason, where have you been, man?!? Good to hear from you ...

Major personal issues have stolen my attention. I'm trying to slowly get back into it, but there may still be absences. I'm hoping to redo my org by the end of February (completely emptied it out), but as work gets busier, kids get bigger, "other" things finally get started, and I get my own place, there may be quiet periods from me. Don't worry, this is one of my safe havens, I'm not going anywhere. Smile

RE: Kings to Seattle! - rjcj2017 - 01-22-2013

(01-19-2013, 06:30 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: Major personal issues have stolen my attention. I'm trying to slowly get back into it, but there may still be absences. I'm hoping to redo my org by the end of February (completely emptied it out), but as work gets busier, kids get bigger, "other" things finally get started, and I get my own place, there may be quiet periods from me. Don't worry, this is one of my safe havens, I'm not going anywhere. Smile

Hang in there, man ...

RE: Kings to Seattle! - got watcha want - 01-23-2013

Hey, I am a long time NBA fan that is from Oklahoma and just watched the CP3less Clips get beat by my favorite team.

Of all the "Musical Chairs" that these three NBA teams have played...I feel like I won.

RE: Kings to Seattle! - a2coupe2a - 01-25-2013

The thief often ends up with the best deal

RE: Kings to Seattle! - rjcj2017 - 01-25-2013

Yep. Seattle is no different or better than Oklahoma City.

RE: Kings to Seattle! - a2coupe2a - 01-31-2013

No different? Right..

1st off we arent lying to anyone about our intentions. Kind of a big 1..

2nd we are taking a team that isnt even originally from sacramento

If you think this is the same situation go watch sonicsgate.