Beckett Message Boards
Do you see what I see? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Do you see what I see? (/thread-1521010.html)

Pages: 1 2

Do you see what I see? - bakerman8419 - 12-13-2012

[Image: fakemarino.jpg]

RE: Do you see what I see? - nineof - 12-13-2012

Wow! That is a beautiful, beautiful card. Literally makes me drool. I could look at that card all day long. Congratulations on that MONSTER pickup.

RE: Do you see what I see? - ft28jags - 12-13-2012

good looking card

RE: Do you see what I see? - aviat0rshades - 12-13-2012

hmmm....the picture is named fakemarino.jpg....

(12-13-2012, 04:36 PM)aviat0rshades Wrote: hmmm....the picture is named fakemarino.jpg....

Oh no, don't tell me it's a fake... Sad And it got by BGS...

RE: Do you see what I see? - wavytiger1975 - 12-13-2012

I know I hate cards pictured sideways Smile

[Image: fakemarino.jpg]

Looks like someone poked Marino's eyeball out... Damn Jets fans... Big Grin

RE: Do you see what I see? - bakerman8419 - 12-13-2012

Well its impossible for anyone to know 100% if a patch is fake or not but anytime there are prime patches on base versions it throws up a red flag. If you notice the black wording under MARINO it says "authentic game worn jersey" when it should say "authentic game worn prime jersey". Plus this seller has sold two other Marino auto previously and I questioned those as well. However the bigger issue here is can we trust BGS???

RE: Do you see what I see? - joe callahan13 - 12-13-2012

Ummmmm, that means nothing. Go check Ebay for the 2009 NT patch autos that are numbered to 99, even. You will find at least 100 that have truly sick patches. National Treasures is like this all the time. Those /99 crazy sick patches, by the way? They don't say prime. Not only that, but the Marino prime is numbered to the same amount as the one that isn't prime. Here's an example of one I found on Ebay that's numbered to 99 and NOT considered "prime".

[Image: KGrHqZgwFCdCbnBQqsiTKJQ60_3.jpg]

That is one sick patch. That is just standard National Treasures operating procedure. And to answer your second question- no, we definitely cannot trust BGS to know what every card looked like coming out of the factory to compare it to what it looks like now. Especially in cases like National Treasures that has a history of doing things just like this, every year. You pay them for their educated opinion, and they give it. That's all grading is.

RE: Do you see what I see? - branesergen - 12-13-2012

I wouldnt see too much in the wording of prime vs no prime however I would trust BGS to find evidence of tampering. They cant tell you which patch should be in there but they can tell you if the windows have been tampered with.