Beckett Message Boards
The Future for Autographs Isn't Looking Good - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Basketball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: The Future for Autographs Isn't Looking Good (/thread-1520554.html)

The Future for Autographs Isn't Looking Good - pingbling23 - 12-06-2012

I found out the other day, the school systems are no longer teaching cursive writing. I'm not sure if this is nation wide or just here in TN. I know recently we have seen alot of the rc class autos are a few letters and non cursive. To think in 20 years, were going to miss a clean, well written, cursive autograph.

RE: The Future for Autographs Isn't Looking Good - nickm1123 - 12-07-2012

You are correct, or at least in WA. I am a teacher in an elementary school and we do not teach cursive either.

RE: The Future for Autographs Isn't Looking Good - JMF_PR83 - 12-07-2012

This is crazy! next thing you know, we will receive cards with a text as their AUTO, lol!

RE: The Future for Autographs Isn't Looking Good - folkertino - 12-07-2012

Yeah, I suppose we won't see any autos looking like the ones from Larry Bird, Robert Parish or Kareem Abdul-Jabbar...

Perhaps we'll just get something like @KyrieIrving #auto :S

RE: The Future for Autographs Isn't Looking Good - bballfrk44 - 12-07-2012

(12-07-2012, 03:48 AM)folkertino Wrote: Yeah, I suppose we won't see any autos looking like the ones from Larry Bird, Robert Parish or Kareem Abdul-Jabbar...

Perhaps we'll just get something like @KyrieIrving #auto :S

hahah hastag auto, got a good laugh out of that

RE: The Future for Autographs Isn't Looking Good - quavis - 12-07-2012

Its crazy that kids do not know how to write anymore. I saw a kids hadwriting who was going to UNC and it was completely unreadable. And that was print. He said his cursive was worse. SMH.

RE: The Future for Autographs Isn't Looking Good - mtadams2 - 12-08-2012

This also tells us that the cursive autos we have now will most definitely carry a premium years down the road.

RE: The Future for Autographs Isn't Looking Good - jonathani - 12-08-2012

(12-07-2012, 02:31 AM)JMF_PR83 Wrote: This is crazy! next thing you know, we will receive cards with a text as their AUTO, lol!

I teach at a college. Nothing is written down anymore. Everything in my classes is done through email. One plus: With smartphones glued to their hands, student have no excuse for turning something in late. Some of their email names are funny, though. I recently had to tell a young lady, "'hotbunny69' might seem cool now, but I doubt it will help you get a job."

RE: The Future for Autographs Isn't Looking Good - cweiland - 12-08-2012

Yes. Certainly a sad state of affairs. I recall working so hard on my cursive in 1st grade. Practicing those letters over and over. Soon it will be a lost art and people will consider it a hobby.