Beckett Message Boards
ebay problem - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: ebay problem (/thread-1520349.html)

Pages: 1 2

ebay problem - ja1091 - 12-04-2012

Recently, I've been selling most of my cards so I can pick up new PC cards. I went on ebay and saw that a case was opened against me. It said the buyer has not received their item. This has never happened to me before. I always package my cards in a bubble mailer and print the shipping label with tracking. When I saw this case opened, I went to look at the tracking and it shows nothing on ebay. I put the same number into usps.com and it says electronic shipping info received November 28, 2012. So I'm guessing this means I printed the label but they never actually received the package to ship out? So it seems that the buyer is in the right. But I know that I sent it out as I did with my other packages that day. I've been looking for the package and the card but can't find it so I'm pretty sure I sent it out. Is it possible that the package was received and never entered into the system and he actually received it? I only have 108 feedback so maybe he is trying to pull a quick one on me? I guess that I am going to have to refund him because I always hear the buyer is fully protected and since the tracking info shows that it never shipped, it looks like I will be refunding him the $15. Is it even worth trying to resolve the case without refunding him or do I have no chance and should just refund him?

RE: ebay problem - Krangry - 12-04-2012

You dont have a chance. If there is nothing showing that the package was received, the buyer will always win.

Just refund, and move on.

RE: ebay problem - crazyforkinsler5 - 12-04-2012

It just seems like it wasn't scanned at any stop along the way. If you've got the DC#, then you should take it to the PO and ask them about it and what happened to it. Maybe they have it in their system that it was shipped.

I am not sure as I have had this problem before, but no one (yet, knock on wood) has ever said they didn't receive the item.

RE: ebay problem - kstjst - 12-04-2012

I agree, sometimes (well, a lot of times), if the post office that you dropped it off at doesn't scan it, you won't see any tracking information until the item has been delivered. You should contact the DC as suggested.

What gets me, though, is that you say you mailed it on the 28th, that's less than a week's time. Hardly enough time for a buyer to be able to put in a claim and open a case against you, especially during the holiday season. Were you delayed in sending out the item in the first place? If so, then I can understand the ire of the buyer.

I'm noticing this more and more though, sellers really need to be a little more conscientiousness about shipping items out on a timely basis. You can't get away with just shipping things out once or twice a week. With the ease of click n ship, your items should be sent out a day or, at the latest, two days after payments are remitted. If the shoe was on the other foot and you had to wait for your item to be mailed out, wouldn't you be upset too?

But, needless to say, the time frame that your buyer seems to be working with, especially during the holidays, seems pretty unrealistic.

(12-04-2012, 10:52 AM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: It just seems like it wasn't scanned at any stop along the way. If you've got the DC#, then you should take it to the PO and ask them about it and what happened to it. Maybe they have it in their system that it was shipped.

I am not sure as I have had this problem before, but no one (yet, knock on wood) has ever said they didn't receive the item.

RE: ebay problem - nyyankeesfan28 - 12-04-2012

He is either pulling a fast one on you, or there was a problem in shipping out of your control. I agree with kstjst, though, I can't see why you would open a case a week after it got shipped.

RE: ebay problem - motu79 - 12-04-2012

It could be that it wasn't scanned by Post Office like kstjst suggested above. I had the same thing happen a couple weeks ago. Pulled up the DC # and it didn't show anything other than the electronic shipping info was received. I messaged the buyer and stated when it was shipped and if it didn't show up by the end of the week, I'd send over a refund. My package ended up making it to the buyer and nothing was scanned in until it showed Delivered.

RE: ebay problem - ja1091 - 12-04-2012

Yeah, I was thinking why he opened the case so quick myself. He didn't even send me a message or anything. I just sent him one telling him to wait a few days and if he doesn't receive it to let me know and I'll take it from there. And kstjst, I always ship my ebay stuff 1 or 2 days after it has been paid.

RE: ebay problem - ktcardshop - 12-04-2012

I routinely see this when shipping from coast to coast. The package is or is not scanned received at the shipping point and then it is not scanned again until it reaches my state and is delivered the next day.

I think what they are doing is putting the package into a bag, labeling the bag with the destination post office, and then it isn't opened or scanned again until it arrives at the destination post office.

To open a claim this soon is ridicules, especially since it is coming up on Christmas when shipping slows down due to the volume.

Ray

RE: ebay problem - nixsfan1188 - 12-04-2012

If you have the post office DC reciept just reply to the case and give them the DC tracking number. Some packages during holiday mailings take a while to show up. Just stay in touch with ebay on it and the seller Ebay will decide on when to refund the buyer I'd wait until then....

RE: ebay problem - thepozr - 12-04-2012

I agree that the buyer filed way to quickly. I had a guy file a complaint against me without contacting me first. It was not a card, a video game, and I fought him all the way. I was so mad he didn't contact me first, I fought each step of the process just out of spite. I eventually ended up winning, the buyer finally dropped the case. Might be worth your time, fighting it. Up to you though.