Beckett Message Boards
How much does a 9.5 up the value of a card? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: How much does a 9.5 up the value of a card? (/thread-1519211.html)

How much does a 9.5 up the value of a card? - jkiddlridnour - 11-19-2012

I'm trying to wok out a deal for some Knox autos all graded BGS 9.5 and I was wondering what the usual bump in value is for a 9.5 versus a non-graded version.

RE: How much does a 9.5 up the value of a card? - brentboudreaux1 - 11-19-2012

clean out your pm's! Smile

RE: How much does a 9.5 up the value of a card? - jkiddlridnour - 11-19-2012

(11-19-2012, 04:01 PM)brentboudreaux1 Wrote: clean out your pm's! Smile

Lol, oops

RE: How much does a 9.5 up the value of a card? - englandhousehold - 11-19-2012

All varies depending on the card and what you are comfortable paying.

RE: How much does a 9.5 up the value of a card? - bakerman8419 - 11-19-2012

It really depends on the card. A 1984 Topps Marino RC raw sells for about $30 but a BGS 9.5 sells for $350 on average. As for newer cards I really dont see many people paying a premium for 9.5s. In fact a lot of people hate graded cards. My advice is do not pay a premium for them since the market interest for not only Knox but as well as graded cards are at an all time low IMO. I would also suggest buying them raw right now for as cheap as possible and once you get up to 10 autos then grade them yourself. Pick the ones that look the best and submit them to bgs. In the long run it maybe cheaper to do that rather than paying a premium for each 9.5 that you want.

(11-19-2012, 04:20 PM)bakerman8419 Wrote: It really depends on the card. A 1984 Topps Marino RC raw sells for about $30 but a BGS 9.5 sells for $350 on average. As for newer cards I really dont see many people paying a premium for 9.5s. In fact a lot of people hate graded cards. My advice is do not pay a premium for them since the market interest for not only Knox but as well as graded cards are at an all time low IMO. I would also suggest buying them raw right now for as cheap as possible and once you get up to 10 autos then grade them yourself. Pick the ones that look the best and submit them to bgs. In the long run it maybe cheaper to do that rather than paying a premium for each 9.5 that you want.

It's kinda hard to find the Red(/5), Silver(/10), Orange(/15), Gold(/25) and Blue(/35) refractors this guy has lol

The last Orange that sold ungraded went for $27

RE: How much does a 9.5 up the value of a card? - branesergen - 11-19-2012

With rare cards a 9.5 will bring a premium regardless of player, although not much. I would have him decide how much of a premium he is asking and then judge for yourself what you are willing to give up in return. You will also need to weigh in how much you like/dislike graded cards. I sold a Peyton Manning Orange and Purple refractor from 2010 for a 50% premium so they can and do bring in premiums. Also gotta factor in it will cost you about $10 per card to grade unless you go 45 days with 100 cards. Your costs wont be low enough to "hope" for a 9.5 as opposed to a $10 premium put on the 9.5's.

(11-19-2012, 10:10 PM)branesergen Wrote: With rare cards a 9.5 will bring a premium regardless of player, although not much. I would have him decide how much of a premium he is asking and then judge for yourself what you are willing to give up in return. You will also need to weigh in how much you like/dislike graded cards. I sold a Peyton Manning Orange and Purple refractor from 2010 for a 50% premium so they can and do bring in premiums. Also gotta factor in it will cost you about $10 per card to grade unless you go 45 days with 100 cards. Your costs wont be low enough to "hope" for a 9.5 as opposed to a $10 premium put on the 9.5's.

Excellent breakdown, that made sense!

RE: How much does a 9.5 up the value of a card? - brentboudreaux1 - 11-19-2012

(11-19-2012, 10:18 PM)jkiddlridnour Wrote: Excellent breakdown, that made sense!

yea man...and after sending 2 sets of cards to bgs...its tough to get a 9.5!

RE: How much does a 9.5 up the value of a card? - weslamb - 11-20-2012

Always depends on the market and what a collector is willing to pay imo.