Beckett Message Boards
GRIFFEY COLLECTOR FORUM / THREAD - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+---- Forum: Trading (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-52.html)
+---- Thread: GRIFFEY COLLECTOR FORUM / THREAD (/thread-1519095.html)

RE: GRIFFEY COLLECTOR FORUM / THREAD - griffey man 1 - 01-15-2013

WOW IS THERE MORE GRIFFEY COLLECTORS OUT THERE NOW. SOME OF THESE EBAY AUCTION ARE GOING FOR ALOT MORE THEN THEY USED TO.

RE: GRIFFEY COLLECTOR FORUM / THREAD - akbobcat - 01-15-2013

Yeah, tell me about it. The cards in my sig I used to pick up for 15-30.00 each. The last 5 were 60-90.00. I'm glad he still has a following but the wallet has been taking a beating lately. That's one of the drawbacks of showing off a collection. Window shoppers see the collections we've amassed and it inspires them to do the same. Give it time to die down and you'll see these collections going up for sale on Craigslist or Ebay. That's when the time is right to strike. BTW, I recently picked up a 1989 Bowman RC that was in such a collection. That single card was worth more than all the others combined. The best thing was it wasn't identified as a Tiffany and the seller most likely didn't know. I discovered it because it was brighter than my others.

Seeing the rising cost has almost made me cut back on spending for a little while. Lately, I've been targeting specific sellers on Ebay and working deals with them to let me know what they are listing prior to listing. I've found it's best to make them offers on lots and save them time, fees, and the waiting time for payment.

I think in February I'm going to let things die down a little. I just got a 1967 Impala SS project this past week. This will take up most of my funds and free time for awhile. My wife and I are hoping to get it running in about 30-60 days from now.

RE: GRIFFEY COLLECTOR FORUM / THREAD - griffey man 1 - 01-15-2013

yeah i have about 5 sellers i deal with and do the same. wow 67 impala, that will cut into the griffey pc some. i need that tiffany if its a double and we can work something out.

RE: GRIFFEY COLLECTOR FORUM / THREAD - akbobcat - 01-16-2013

If I had a double of it I would trade you one no questions asked.

RE: GRIFFEY COLLECTOR FORUM / THREAD - SFssft1911 - 01-16-2013

Hello Griffey Jr. collectors, I'm looking for a 1994 Leaf Gold Stars card. If anyone has one for trade please send an offer. Thank you!

RE: GRIFFEY COLLECTOR FORUM / THREAD - nastynasqb600 - 01-16-2013

Yea there are a few sellers such as griff24fan that won't budge on their pretty high prices. There was a diamond cut griffey that books at $8 sold for $30

RE: GRIFFEY COLLECTOR FORUM / THREAD - griffey man 1 - 01-16-2013

any fellow collectors get anything nice today

RE: GRIFFEY COLLECTOR FORUM / THREAD - akbobcat - 01-16-2013

I got these today.

[Image: Untitled-5-1_zps46abbe5c.jpg]

[Image: Untitled-6-1_zpse91d70b0.jpg]

[Image: Untitled-7-1_zps5b71cf65.jpg]

RE: GRIFFEY COLLECTOR FORUM / THREAD - griffey man 1 - 01-16-2013

ok i filled two orders for griffeys. anyone else interested in buying some duplicates. all of them are listed in the trade screen. i am only charging 25% of book value, orders under $20 will have to pay $2.99 for shipping anything over $20 shipping is free. i will give a better discount on larger orders. let me know if you are interested with a pm or a shout out on here.
this is my latest steal of the night. i picked this up for $10. this is one of the original SAMS bobbleheads from 1996. these are by far the best griffey bobbles they made especially when they are made out of glass not plastic.

[Image: griffeynodder_zpse12c751a.jpg]

RE: GRIFFEY COLLECTOR FORUM / THREAD - nastynasqb600 - 01-16-2013

Huge Ken Griffey Jr Baseball Card Lot Over 2000 Cards Rookies Inserts More | eBay

Sold my Griffey collection years ago, always my favorite player. Decided to give up prospects and just collect for the fun! Got this for $400. Scans 1 and 3 def have some decent inserts that I do not have. If anybody wants to trade for griffey inserts I don't have Ill get scans up when it arrives. Also got a ton of nice inserts from comc.

Update!
HERE ARE SOME SCANS: Really happy with this. Got a ton of great inserts and a 2 row box full of just base singles. 3 row box filled with inserts. This is a blast to go thru!!!!
My scanner sucks and for some reason wont scan all the way to the bottom which is why it is cut off....
These are all ones I didn't have(1993 Select Stars is my fav Griffey card of all time, Im a sucker for dufex and die cuts!)
[Image: file-63.jpg]
[Image: file-64.jpg]
[Image: file-65.jpg]
[Image: file-66.jpg]
[Image: file-67.jpg]
[Image: file-68.jpg]
[Image: file-69.jpg]

These are all doubles if anyone is interested...
[Image: file-70.jpg]
[Image: file-71.jpg]
[Image: file-72.jpg]
Here are some more pickups! Better scan of the man insert...

/50
[Image: file-52.jpg]

/75
[Image: file-51.jpg]

/100
[Image: file-53.jpg]

/250
[Image: file-58.jpg]

[Image: file-54.jpg]
[Image: file-56.jpg]

[Image: file-57.jpg]
[Image: file-60.jpg]