Beckett Message Boards
"Ex-Husband's sports cards", "Alimony Sale"... - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: "Ex-Husband's sports cards", "Alimony Sale"... (/thread-1518384.html)

Pages: 1 2

"Ex-Husband's sports cards", "Alimony Sale"... - jlandry287 - 11-10-2012

I've been seeing auctions like this more and more on ebay lately, and they usually have a fairly high bid (for not knowing what you will receive). I've been tempted to buy a lot just to check it out, but I don't want to get burned out of ~$50+.

Anybody out there buy one of these (recently) and had a good experience? B/c something tells me it's too good to be true and will just be a waste.

"Well now I’m getting my revenge by selling his sports cards." <--- that's harsh!

RE: "Ex-Husband's sports cards", "Alimony Sale"... - minitracer - 11-10-2012

You know the saying.

RE: "Ex-Husband's sports cards", "Alimony Sale"... - jacobystealshome - 11-10-2012

1. the seller isnt a female
2. it isnt a divorce situation
3. they give out crapola

these kind of folks have been my direct competition for years, and most of the time, their customers become mine. ive been dealing with these fraudsters for a decade now, under various forms

RE: "Ex-Husband's sports cards", "Alimony Sale"... - nyyankeesfan28 - 11-10-2012

Totally agree with the three points jacobystealshome made. If it were real, I agree with jlandry287, that IS harsh.

RE: "Ex-Husband's sports cards", "Alimony Sale"... - jlandry287 - 11-10-2012

Not only is it a "scam" to sell junk cards, it's unethical to sell something that isn't yours. And in all the descriptions they always try to make it sound like they are as clueless as humanly possible. Just wanted to get some feedback before I fell a victim to the scam!

RE: "Ex-Husband's sports cards", "Alimony Sale"... - daddys lil all star - 11-11-2012

with those 50 you could find a nice graded auto.

RE: "Ex-Husband's sports cards", "Alimony Sale"... - jlandry287 - 11-11-2012

(11-11-2012, 05:36 AM)daddys lil all star Wrote: with those 50 you could find a nice graded auto.

With those 50 what? Have you ever gotten a good deal

RE: "Ex-Husband's sports cards", "Alimony Sale"... - jacobystealshome - 11-11-2012

no, he's saying for the 50 you would spend on "divorce auctions", you could get a niuce graded auto instead

RE: "Ex-Husband's sports cards", "Alimony Sale"... - jlandry287 - 11-11-2012

(11-11-2012, 11:37 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: no, he's saying for the 50 you would spend on "divorce auctions", you could get a niuce graded auto instead

That's Veru true. And that's how I'd much rather spent my money

RE: "Ex-Husband's sports cards", "Alimony Sale"... - rmpaq5 - 11-12-2012

I bid on one of these once for a lark just to see what I would get (small amount not anything like $50 I think it was closer to $7) and got nothing but 1990/91/92 Score cards. The $7 would have been better spent on a morning coffee on the way to work for a week.