Beckett Message Boards
unopened topps and fleer boxes anyone know values of these? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: unopened topps and fleer boxes anyone know values of these? (/thread-1516852.html)

unopened topps and fleer boxes anyone know values of these? - LeonidasVI - 10-22-2012

Just wondering what unopened boxes are going for fleer 89,90,91,92, and 93. Also topps 89,90,91,92, and 93. Not looking to sale just wondering if I should move them to a better place. I appreciate any help you can give me.

RE: unopened topps and fleer boxes anyone know values of these? - uvaspina - 10-22-2012

Assuming you're talking standard, retail, base wax boxes, I'd say $7-10 per box for the 89-92s. Would need to know more details on what series the 93s are, but I'd guess you could get $20-40 for each (Jeter's rookie year).

RE: unopened topps and fleer boxes anyone know values of these? - nyyankeesfan28 - 10-22-2012

Agree with uvaspina. However you might be able to get $15 for the $7-$10 boxes. Depneding on the series, $20-$40 seems right for the '93s.

RE: unopened topps and fleer boxes anyone know values of these? - LeonidasVI - 10-22-2012

ok thanks thanks for the insight. The boxes are complete sets in long rectangle boxes. I have 2 opened with the cards in box the rest are sealed. examples: 1990 topps 792 picture card set 1990 fleer 10th anniversary edition 660 picture cards 45 stickers

RE: unopened topps and fleer boxes anyone know values of these? - nyyankeesfan28 - 10-22-2012

The opened was have slightly less value than the sealed.

RE: unopened topps and fleer boxes anyone know values of these? - djohn - 10-23-2012

(10-22-2012, 07:44 PM)LeonidasVI Wrote: ok thanks thanks for the insight. The boxes are complete sets in long rectangle boxes. I have 2 opened with the cards in box the rest are sealed. examples: 1990 topps 792 picture card set 1990 fleer 10th anniversary edition 660 picture cards 45 stickers
Ok, what you have are factory sets and not just boxes. When most collectors say "box" they mean a box with packs inside. What you have are complete sets that the manufacturer put out each year. Topps puts out several different versions of the factory set each year (some of them much rarer and more desired than others), so to get a good idea on value it would help to see pictures of the boxed sets.
An easy way to get an idea on the street-value for a box or set is to check out some of the websites of companies that sell boxes and sets (such as dacardworld.com, blowoutcards.com, and bbcexchange.com). Use their prices to get a good idea of what the set will typically sell for. eBay is another good place to check for street-value, but the shipping cost on these sets usually is close to what the set would sell for on its own, so the sales on eBay can be very slanted.