Beckett Message Boards
The Players are stupid........... - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Hockey (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: The Players are stupid........... (/thread-1516524.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

The Players are stupid........... - rippinwax - 10-18-2012

Countered with 3 different proposals and none of thenm would get us close to a resolution. Nowhere in the offers does it get close to a 50/50 split on revenue. No season coming, very disappointed after NHL's offer earlier in week. Now its all on players.........

RE: The Players are stupid........... - rayeates - 10-18-2012

Oh for crying out loud! This SUCKS!!! Just play, fellas!

Randi

RE: The Players are stupid........... - josiahcecil - 10-18-2012

Jesus seriously you know what when there stash runs out there gonna wish they would agree on this crap already

RE: The Players are stupid........... - iluvladies5015 - 10-18-2012

Get rid of Fehr and Bettman and all will be well.

RE: The Players are stupid........... - nemesis77777 - 10-18-2012

Funny enough i dont think Bettmans the problem. I think the NHL is actually trying to push the process further than the NHLPA is. I cant think of a much better way to solve a problem than to say - right weve got stuff to work on - 50-50 until we can get our stuff together. Poor move by the players - do they really even want to play? Go and do your job you bums, instgead of rejecting everything like spoiled children until you get your way, and making the masses suffer as a result.

RE: The Players are stupid........... - jowlsisacanucksfan - 10-18-2012

I had this whole paragraph written up but somehow i lost it Sad But the gist of it is that this move by the players isn't going to help them or anyone. To not even make a reasonable offer back that might save the full season is ridiculous. I really thought that the players would have been after a 50\50 type split once these negoatiations started i really didn't think that they would think that they could seriously get more. 1.5b is losses with this deal? well how is that paycheck you are getting now? so crushed that its getting to this

RE: The Players are stupid........... - mrdub - 10-18-2012

leave it to the millionares who play games for a living, to complain they are not getting paid enough. every time a league goes on "strike" i can help but roll my eyes, its just plain out ridicolous.

RE: The Players are stupid........... - pens fan addict - 10-18-2012

one of the offers made by the players was a 50/50 split if the recent contracts owners signed players to would be honored......Owners said no way.

RE: The Players are stupid........... - wickabee - 10-18-2012

(10-18-2012, 06:48 PM)mrdub Wrote: leave it to the millionares who play games for a living, to complain they are not getting paid enough. every time a league goes on "strike" i can help but roll my eyes, its just plain out ridicolous.

What about when the owners lock them out so they can't play as a bargaining chip.

You do realize this is a lock out and not a strike, right? You know the difference, right? You know it's the owners saying "you can't play" not the players saying "we won't play"

The way I see it, any existing contract should be honoured. Otherwise, what's the point of any contract? The owners don't want to honour what their GNs signed them up for? Too bad. Fire the GM. A rollback should not, in any way, be necessary to getting this deal done. The owners made their beds and now they want to sleep somewhere else? Screw that.

RE: The Players are stupid........... - swjrp10 - 10-18-2012

...OHL it is I guess lol