Beckett Message Boards
Just made my first ebay sale - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Just made my first ebay sale (/thread-1516042.html)

Pages: 1 2

Just made my first ebay sale - dallas_collecter84 - 10-12-2012

I just sold my Miguel Cabrera Signa Cuts card for $35. It was a bit of a let down since the card was numbered to only 25 but such is life. I am trying to sell some of my collection to get money saved up for a high end case. I need some opinions with this one though. I am debating on what to sell next. I have a A&G red auto of Buster Posey or a Triple Threads Robinson Cano that I will post next. Which one would you sell first and what do you think would get me the most money? Thanks for any input.

RE: Just made my first ebay sale - krn001 - 10-12-2012

I would list both as they are still in the playoffs, pricewise i think the au will bring more $$.

RE: Just made my first ebay sale - dallas_collecter84 - 10-12-2012

(10-12-2012, 04:13 PM)krn001 Wrote: I would list both as they are still in the playoffs, pricewise i think the au will bring more $$.

I forgot to say that the Cano was a jersey/bat/jersey auto.

RE: Just made my first ebay sale - jonathani - 10-12-2012

(10-12-2012, 04:15 PM)dallas_collecter84 Wrote: I forgot to say that the Cano was a jersey/bat/jersey auto.

I still think Posey will bring a better price and more bidding action.

JonathanI

RE: Just made my first ebay sale - iconms - 10-12-2012

Even with Miguel Cabrera being red hot, those cards don't typically sell very well.

The red ink A&G Posey will do very well right now - or any time really b/c there are a lot of A&G collectors

I am trying to set up my card for sale but I can't find where to set a reserve price for it. Does anyone know how to do that?

RE: Just made my first ebay sale - dlcarst - 10-12-2012

Don't. Many people won't even bother bidding knowing the reserve price is usually higher than anyone will bid. I'd either make the starting bid the lowest you'll take for the card or just make it Buy it Now with best offer.

RE: Just made my first ebay sale - joe callahan13 - 10-12-2012

(10-12-2012, 05:01 PM)dlcarst Wrote: Don't. Many people won't even bother bidding knowing the reserve price is usually higher than anyone will bid. I'd either make the starting bid the lowest you'll take for the card or just make it Buy it Now with best offer.

+1. I don't even bid on auctions with a reserve. I don't feel like bidding and then hoping it is not for nothing.

RE: Just made my first ebay sale - chasescardcave - 10-12-2012

reserve is awful I don't bid on them because it's a waste of time. 95% of them don't meet the reserve price.

I appreciate the advice. I made it a BIN or best offer. Hopefully it sells fast, fingers crossed. Once I get the money saved up from selling off part of my collection I am going to buy a case of Topps Sterling and some boxes of Triple Threads.