Beckett Message Boards
My Herschel booklet "shadow box" - just arrived! - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: My Herschel booklet "shadow box" - just arrived! (/thread-1513107.html)

Pages: 1 2

My Herschel booklet "shadow box" - just arrived! - ugameck - 09-07-2012

My new "shadowbox". - I had to convince my wife to take out a wedding photo....it's the only "frame" or holder I could put it in. The eBay seller sandwiched it between two top loaders to protect it during shipping....can't complain - free shipping, and card was safe and undamaged. So, whatcha think?

As you can see - it's two pieces of glass so its clear - just the card, the black wood design and the black background. (the U Penn program is a Bednarik PC piece you can see Smile)

[Image: 397f6c1e71d87c05c169273ccf33f110.jpg]
[Image: 7725e38587ddfb15a01992029dc66fda.jpg]

RE: My Herschel booklet "shadow box" - just arrived! - bigtrip18 - 09-07-2012

THIS IS HOW ALL BOOKLETS SHOULD BE SHOWCASED!! great stuff.

RE: My Herschel booklet "shadow box" - just arrived! - georgehenrycollector - 09-07-2012

That looks cool. Frame really works with the card

RE: My Herschel booklet "shadow box" - just arrived! - brentboudreaux1 - 09-07-2012

I think it looks great!

RE: My Herschel booklet "shadow box" - just arrived! - ugameck - 09-07-2012

Thanks and thanks! It looks so much - looks great in person. The glass is deep, so I used some decoys to help the card stay tight in the glass. The black background was the back of a book I cut out - a nice law book Wink

The way these booklets are put together - perfect for a 4x6 frame - would look awesome professionally framed and matted.

Funny thing is - when I got it and saw a clear view of the 'cover' - I was glad it wouldn't bee seen - VERY dark and a brown 'aged' look - looks terrible to me.

RE: My Herschel booklet "shadow box" - just arrived! - nineof - 09-07-2012

Holy hell that is a beautiful card. Nice job getting it and finding a great way to display it.

RE: My Herschel booklet "shadow box" - just arrived! - younglover - 09-07-2012

That is beautiful!

Thanks - the frame/box seriously had a wedding photo. My wife was pretty cool about it - she knows my addiction and knows my adoration for this particular card. The wedding photo got another frame.... Smile

I hate that the Exquisites have lost so much value - but for $43 total? I'm cool. This is PC - and since it's in a frame - it just automatically feels more, well, awesome - and different - like it's not a silly trading card.

RE: My Herschel booklet "shadow box" - just arrived! - nthnoak - 09-07-2012

thats pretty sweet man! the hell with the wedding photos right! cards are more valuable.

(09-07-2012, 08:56 PM)nthnoak Wrote: thats pretty sweet man! the hell with the wedding photos right! cards are more valuable.

Like I said....the picture found its way to another frame. Smile

No need for it to be in a shadow box, right?!? Smile