Beckett Message Boards
1996 topps chrome michael jordan refractor - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Basketball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: 1996 topps chrome michael jordan refractor (/thread-1512167.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: 1996 topps chrome michael jordan refractor - goldcoin2012 - 08-30-2012

(08-30-2012, 02:48 PM)got watcha want Wrote: I am sure it happens sometimes when a refractor line gets overlooked, but I bet it happens very rarely. If it is for your PC, then I would assume a BGS 8 or BGS 8.5 would be ok.... if you are worried about resale value, take ping's suggestion.

rarely I tihnk not . I think it happens all the time everysingle graded 96 topps chrome refractor i see on ebay has a line in it. go check it out plenty of 9 and 10 refractors out there with the lines.

RE: 1996 topps chrome michael jordan refractor - kevinr - 08-30-2012

(08-30-2012, 02:54 PM)goldcoin2012 Wrote: rarely I tihnk not . I think it happens all the time everysingle graded 96 topps chrome refractor i see on ebay has a line in it. go check it out plenty of 9 and 10 refractors out there with the lines.

I believe who you send it to for grading will factor in on the grade also. I believe it is harder to get a 10 from BGS than any of the other grading companies. So I agree with ping if you are sending for your PC "pingbling23 Wrote: If thats the case, if you think it will grade high, send it in and ask them not to slab it if they believe it is below a 9, or just have it slabbed authentic if youre wanting it slabbed." If your sending to get graded to sell then you just have to send in and hope for the best.
Either way good luck.

RE: 1996 topps chrome michael jordan refractor - xstreaminsanity - 08-31-2012

(08-30-2012, 02:54 PM)goldcoin2012 Wrote: rarely I tihnk not . I think it happens all the time everysingle graded 96 topps chrome refractor i see on ebay has a line in it. go check it out plenty of 9 and 10 refractors out there with the lines.

I don't think he was saying that people submit with refractor lines rarely, but that they rarely get overlooked. More often than not, they're pretty obvious, and there are some graders who may overlook them but that it rarely happens that they do.

RE: 1996 topps chrome michael jordan refractor - JMF_PR83 - 08-31-2012

If everything else (i.e. Centering, edges, and corners) are in Mint or Better condition, you will more than likely receive at least a nine whether is PSA or Beckett. Please look at the attachment; its my PSA 9 Michael Jordan '96 Topps Chrome w/ the refractor line.
(08-30-2012, 10:29 AM)goldcoin2012 Wrote: well everything else is perfect on the jordan centering is dead on with 50/50 centering corners perfect edges perfect

If what you are saying is correct, and the graders see it the same way you do... Then, you will more than likely receive a PSA or BGS 9, at the very least.

Look at the attachment... PSA 9 w/ refractor line.

RE: 1996 topps chrome michael jordan refractor - goldcoin2012 - 08-31-2012

(08-31-2012, 08:38 AM)JMF_PR83 Wrote: If everything else (i.e. Centering, edges, and corners) are in Mint or Better condition, you will more than likely receive at least a nine whether is PSA or Beckett. Please look at the attachment; its my PSA 9 Michael Jordan '96 Topps Chrome w/ the refractor line.

If what you are saying is correct, and the graders see it the same way you do... Then, you will more than likely receive a PSA or BGS 9, at the very least.

Look at the attachment... PSA 9 w/ refractor line.

also look on ebay there was a 1996 kobe refractor PSA 10 with a refractor line starting bid was 15k