Beckett Message Boards
paranoia has officially set in... *UPDATE* - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Hockey (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: paranoia has officially set in... *UPDATE* (/thread-1510699.html)

Pages: 1 2

paranoia has officially set in... *UPDATE* - swjrp10 - 08-16-2012

Well...I'm leaving the island in 3 days to return home...but will my card collection be there? Here was my mother's facebook post today (I stay with them since they live like 5 min from my college)

"desided to surprise justin by cleaning his room, he has sooo many cards! They're everywhere, spent over an hour TOSSING THEM INTO A BOX!"

....tossing...into a box....and all my base/inserts were already in boxes...the only things not in boxes...were the nice things that I was waiting on a custom case to come for

...including several cards of 300+ BV a piece....

paranoia is at an all-time high....

Not to mention I had them all sorted by team/year/etc....

Guess I know what I'll be doing the whole week before college starts

Everyone please pray that my good cards are still in decent shape Sad

*UPDATE* Well, I got home today...tore through the boxes...luckily NONE of my good cards were touched, it was all a box of 1990 Fleer football that I just opened before I left for fun lol obviously IDC what happens to those lol

There were a couple cards from my Wings PC mixed in...but they were in cases so they were fine.

HERES WHERE THE PAIN SETS IN

You all know how I'm trying to do an 11-12 UD Series I and II set with YGs....my sets are still here...ALL MY YGs ARE MISSING!!!!!!!!!! I'm going nuts tearing this room down as we speak!

RE: paranoia has officially set in... - AudioVenture119 - 08-16-2012

id probly murder my mother haha...probly not but i know the feeling..i have 300+ jersey cards in my collection all sorted by sets, players, and swatches and i had the box open sorting and taking some pix..well the box was on the chair hanging half off(which probly wasnt a good idea by me) and my cat jumped up onto the box and the whole thing fell and dumped all the cards out...all 300+...spent like an hour sorting them all out again...lol

RE: paranoia has officially set in... - swjrp10 - 08-16-2012

(08-16-2012, 09:44 PM)AudioVenture119 Wrote: id probly murder my mother haha...probly not but i know the feeling..i have 300+ jersey cards in my collection all sorted by sets, players, and swatches and i had the box open sorting and taking some pix..well the box was on the chair hanging half off(which probly wasnt a good idea by me) and my cat jumped up onto the box and the whole thing fell and dumped all the cards out...all 300+...spent like an hour sorting them all out again...lol

Most of my high $ cards were atleast in toploaders/pennysleeves/snap cases/etc but I had some high-end auto boxtoppers that were 5x7s that I was waiting on cases for...now those being tossed into a box would be very...very bad lol especially when I had to trade over 400 in BV to get one of the buggers!

RE: paranoia has officially set in... - thundercats12 - 08-16-2012

oh dude, i hope you have the type of mom where she is just totally messing with you.... when i was a little kid my mom organized my cards into binders and pages for me.

RE: paranoia has officially set in... - dam1057 - 08-16-2012

I hope all turns out well.

RE: paranoia has officially set in... - irbecards32 - 08-17-2012

LOL, I hope its not true, but then I read your sig, and thought, hmmmmmm lmao

RE: paranoia has officially set in... - ricebondsmntna2young - 08-17-2012

Look on the bright side...worst-case scenario, you did the hobby a favor. Moms around the world who throw their sons' cards out have collectively got to be a top 3 reason the value of a Bobby Orr or Mickey Mantle RC is what it is.

Kidding of course. ; )

I hope you find your treasures strewn about your room in exactly the same chaotic state in which you left them.

RE: paranoia has officially set in... - irbecards32 - 08-17-2012

Oh, and at least she threw them into a box... When my mom decided to clean my old room out at her house she threw away one of my favorite collections that no one here has probably ever heard of, unless your in your 30's, and owned a PC at a young age. A complete Sierra PC game collection, all games mint in box. Every Kings Quest, Space Quest, Police Quest, Quest for Glory, Leisure Suit Larry, Manhunter, Camelot etc game for every series, all disks, instructions, warrentys everything... These thing fetch a pretty penny from PC collectors. Her reason? They are old and you cant use floppy disks anymore... DOH!! I seen a Kings Quest 1 mint in box sell for $400 before... Needless to say, she threw about $3000-$4000 in the garbage (and thats going by a selling rate of $50 per game)

RE: paranoia has officially set in... - rayeates - 08-17-2012

@swjrp10: I too am hoping that your mom is just messing with you! That would be nuts if she were to inadvertently ruin some cards! Hoping for the best... except for your trip! Have a rough, wet, rainy, bumpy trip home! You deserve it after all of the pot-shots taken at me! Tongue Best wishes!

@Bruce: That is HORRID! Did you end up showing her the mistake? Had it been my dad who had done something like that, I would have been told to suck it up and get new ones. Rough go, man!

Randi

RE: paranoia has officially set in... - phildo37 - 08-17-2012

hopefully all is good with your stuff... my mom knows better than to touch my cards. Although, it's been years since I've had stuff there.