Beckett Message Boards
Bryce Harper and the all-star game: "vote for chipper, not me" - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Sports Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-23.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: Bryce Harper and the all-star game: "vote for chipper, not me" (/thread-1505669.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Bryce Harper and the all-star game: "vote for chipper, not me" - HeyFitzy - 07-03-2012

(07-03-2012, 03:23 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: talented, overhyped and concussed?

Crosby is far from over hyped. He is at least a champ, has won almost every award and can still put up big numbers every year.

He has lived up to his hype, Ovechkin not so much.

Thing with Harper is the MLB is pushing him to be an All Star because they will make bigger $$$$ in their eyes because of the hype.

Harper seems to be classy that dugout accident doesn't mean he's a total immature kid.

Personally, I'd rather see Harper but being its Chippers last season I would like to see him get in just because of that.

Harper will have plenty more ASGs in his career.

RE: Bryce Harper and the all-star game: "vote for chipper, not me" - ricelynnevans75 - 07-03-2012

I'm just hoping he, well the team overall, has a great game tonight and Thursday. I'll be heading over to both and get to see Lincecum and Cain pitch which is a plus, regardless of Lincecum's first half.

RE: Bryce Harper and the all-star game: "vote for chipper, not me" - flcardinals29528 - 07-03-2012

Michael Bourn over Chipper.

RE: Bryce Harper and the all-star game: "vote for chipper, not me" - jtwellsnyy51188 - 07-03-2012

Chipper should go regardless. It's like back 2001 with Cal Ripken Jr. Its just what you do. He's a first ballot HOF'er and deserves the recognition.

RE: Bryce Harper and the all-star game: "vote for chipper, not me" - jasonmj - 07-03-2012

Harper Said the right thing...doesn't mean he means it...doesn't mean he doesn't. Nothing against the kid, but he hasn't showed enough of anything for people to be making judgement calls about him.

RE: Bryce Harper and the all-star game: "vote for chipper, not me" - arod1973 - 07-03-2012

I already voted for Bryce...Never been a big Chipper fan..

So I must be drinking the kool aid as most of the haters have implied..LOL

RE: Bryce Harper and the all-star game: "vote for chipper, not me" - rjcj2017 - 07-03-2012

Did somebody say ...

[Image: Harper1.jpg]

Sorry, had to do it.

All-Star voting is crap in any sport, always has been.

As long as the uninformed and ignorant public is allowed to do anything, as always it will ruin everything.

Don't get me wrong — I think the fans should vote.

I just think that as long as they are allowed to, people should shut it as far as who got in, who got snubbed, etc.

It's pointless.

As for the managers' picks and Trout/Harper, whatever, this reminds me of 2010 when Strasburg had like a 2-2 record after his callup and people said he should be an All-Star.

Believe me, if they were allowed to vote for pitchers — so why aren't they, hmmmm? — they would have picked Strasburg and his five or so MLB starts.

That's why the Yao Mings of the world were voted to start in the All-Star game even though they were out the entire season with a broken foot.

It's just a popularity contest. It's fine the way it is, and I just wish people would shut their yaps until it's fixed.

RE: Bryce Harper and the all-star game: "vote for chipper, not me" - jasonmj - 07-03-2012

Chipper is now on the team.... Replacing Matt Kemp. Let's go Bourn! Smile

RE: Bryce Harper and the all-star game: "vote for chipper, not me" - luckycurta2 - 07-03-2012

Chipper was picked today to replace Kemp.

Not sure why all the Harper bashing. He didn't put himself in the final 5. He is holding is own against MLB pitching and is fun to watch. I don't see anything wrong with him making the All-Star team. Every year there are guys that make it that shouldn't, and vice versa.

By the way, I am a Cardinals fan and voted for Chipper since it is his last season. He will be a HoF and said he would like to go. Glad he ended up making the team!

RE: Bryce Harper and the all-star game: "vote for chipper, not me" - ryanmo5 - 07-03-2012

If Harper's numbers backed up an all star appearance I would be all for it but they don't, he hasn't earned the right to be apart of the all star game yet imo. The rest of the list all belong ahead of him