Beckett Message Boards
Bryce Harper and the all-star game: "vote for chipper, not me" - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Sports Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-23.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: Bryce Harper and the all-star game: "vote for chipper, not me" (/thread-1505669.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Bryce Harper and the all-star game: "vote for chipper, not me" - jacobystealshome - 07-03-2012

http://www.toeingtherubber.com/2012/07/bryce-harper-says-vote-chipper/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

i know his rep, and maybe he just has great handlers...but every chance he gets lately, he's knocking out the right response

RE: Bryce Harper and the all-star game: "vote for chipper, not me" - carolinahuey - 07-03-2012

Might be biased, but I think Chipper should go anyway and probably will even if he doesn't win the vote, someone always backs out with an injury.

Although I do think the Bryce Harper is deserving as well, Chipper is a Hall of Famer and deserves the recognition, especially from the fans in a great baseball town like KC.

RE: Bryce Harper and the all-star game: "vote for chipper, not me" - acevanquish - 07-03-2012

Thanks for the imagery of Bryce Harper on a leash :|
"handlers"

RE: Bryce Harper and the all-star game: "vote for chipper, not me" - chasescardcave - 07-03-2012

vote Jake Peavy Big Grin

RE: Bryce Harper and the all-star game: "vote for chipper, not me" - hamiltonfan - 07-03-2012

Good article, thanks for posting.

(07-03-2012, 10:31 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: http://www.toeingtherubber.com/2012/07/bryce-harper-says-vote-chipper/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

i know his rep, and maybe he just has great handlers...but every chance he gets lately, he's knocking out the right response

RE: Bryce Harper and the all-star game: "vote for chipper, not me" - rybowski97 - 07-03-2012

I think he is a goof for thinking playing half the season warrants him an all star anyhow. for his age his numbers are unreal....but an all star i dont think so. I think that was actually a way to get fans to vote for him, cause he is now a class act. this is the same goof who slammed his bat in the dugout which came back and hit him in the face. sorry not an all star. i will gladly cash in on his cards but have no interest in him at all. now mike trout, hes clearly a deserving all star. i dont get why his stuff isnt in the same ballpark as harper, he eads the al in hitting at 20!

RE: Bryce Harper and the all-star game: "vote for chipper, not me" - jacobystealshome - 07-03-2012

(07-03-2012, 11:25 AM)rybowski97 Wrote: I think he is a goof for thinking playing half the season warrants him an all star anyhow.

he isnt saying that. he's giving respect to chipper, not himself

(07-03-2012, 11:25 AM)rybowski97 Wrote: for his age his numbers are unreal....but an all star i dont think so.
(07-03-2012, 11:25 AM)rybowski97 Wrote: now mike trout, hes clearly a deserving all star.

incongruent logic

(07-03-2012, 11:25 AM)rybowski97 Wrote: i dont get why his stuff isnt in the same ballpark as harper, he eads the al in hitting at 20!

because value isnt based on stats

(07-03-2012, 11:25 AM)rybowski97 Wrote: this is the same goof who slammed his bat in the dugout which came back and hit him in the face. sorry not an all star.

so, not hitting yourself in the face makes you an all-star. field will be a might bit crowded this year

RE: Bryce Harper and the all-star game: "vote for chipper, not me" - shezdoni - 07-03-2012

Harper doesn't deserve to be an all star, nor does he have the stats to be an all star.

He has been so over-hyped by the media, that they have the fans believing that he is the second coming of mantle or something, truth is, he is a good ball player, but not an all star, nor a gold glove winner good, nor will he ever be.

Batting against top caliber pitchers like Santana,Sabathia, Oswalt, etc... is totally different than batting against some 16 yr old in high school, He would have been better off going to college, and perfecting his game more, than being hyped into the Majors which he doesn't deserve.

I seem to recall a few years ago, another over hyped player by the Media, by the name of Toe Nash, as being the second coming of Clemente because he was a 5 tool talent, where is he now? Hmmm

RE: Bryce Harper and the all-star game: "vote for chipper, not me" - motu79 - 07-03-2012

(07-03-2012, 11:51 AM)shezdoni Wrote: Harper doesn't deserve to be an all star, nor does he have the stats to be an all star.

He has been so over-hyped by the media, that they have the fans believing that he is the second coming of mantle or something, truth is, he is a good ball player, but not an all star, nor a gold glove winner good, nor will he ever be.

Batting against top caliber pitchers like Santana,Sabathia, Oswalt, etc... is totally different than batting against some 16 yr old in high school, He would have been better off going to college, and perfecting his game more, than being hyped into the Majors which he doesn't deserve.

I seem to recall a few years ago, another over hyped player by the Media, by the name of Toe Nash, as being the second coming of Clemente because he was a 5 tool talent, where is he now? Hmmm

Really, Toe Nash, from 12 years ago, who never played High School baseball or made it to the big leagues because of criminal behavior.

Bryce Harper is 19 and IS a big leaguer. Try someone else.

RE: Bryce Harper and the all-star game: "vote for chipper, not me" - iconms - 07-03-2012

(07-03-2012, 11:25 AM)rybowski97 Wrote: I think he is a goof for thinking playing half the season warrants him an all star anyhow. for his age his numbers are unreal....but an all star i dont think so. I think that was actually a way to get fans to vote for him, cause he is now a class act. this is the same goof who slammed his bat in the dugout which came back and hit him in the face. sorry not an all star. i will gladly cash in on his cards but have no interest in him at all. now mike trout, hes clearly a deserving all star. i dont get why his stuff isnt in the same ballpark as harper, he eads the al in hitting at 20!

I'm not a "Harper guy" but I think it would be cool and exciting to see him in this game. The All-Star game is an EXHIBITION - its not just purely about numbers.