Beckett Message Boards
This grinds my gears: card show dealers this morning - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: This grinds my gears: card show dealers this morning (/thread-1504599.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

This grinds my gears: card show dealers this morning - p18mann - 06-23-2012

Just to start off, this is not directed to all card show dealers just the ones from this morning...

This morning I went to the local card show looking to trade, I brought some of my better cards with me....The Baugh, Brady, Cam and Drew Brees autos and some others too. I found several cards I like from a guy and tried to deal with him but we couldnt come to a understanding, which was fine. out of nowhere his "buddy" comes up and grabs my cards from me without asking. He says "$200 for the whole box", I replied "what", he says "yea, some OK stuff in here but IDK if I could even make anything off that". I replied "was I dealing with you? No so just back off",and I took my box back. while I was getting ready to leave he says "$225 to make you feel better".

Where did the guy come of feeling that he had the right to just grab my box of cards and make a offer out of the blue? And on top of that say my cards are"OK"?

That really upset me today.

RE: This grinds my gears: card show dealers this morning - hazezofgreen - 06-23-2012

I dont like it when people touch my shiznit either...i woulda clocked him lol

RE: This grinds my gears: card show dealers this morning - estuaryman - 06-23-2012

Just some card vulture looking to make a quick profit. Glad you shot him down!!

RE: This grinds my gears: card show dealers this morning - cybertrenz02 - 06-23-2012

That's cause you only have crap....:p
Jk......ill take em all......Smile

RE: This grinds my gears: card show dealers this morning - p18mann - 06-23-2012

I expected someone would low-ball me today at the show and im fine with that, but when you just grab someones prized cards that you dont know and have never seen before....thats just wrong

RE: This grinds my gears: card show dealers this morning - bigdehart64 - 06-23-2012

Thats just rude.

RE: This grinds my gears: card show dealers this morning - TlionsFan - 06-23-2012

Yeah, I probably wouldn't have been as nice about it. Stupid people piss me off.

RE: This grinds my gears: card show dealers this morning - georgehenrycollector - 06-23-2012

That's card shows in General. Dealers wanting to give as little as possible. Then the Vultures who hang around for the pickings. I stopped going after I went to my fifth show (held once a month) in a row and kept hearing from the same dang sellers "I HAVE A TON OF YOUR GUY.......AT HOME!!"

RE: This grinds my gears: card show dealers this morning - p18mann - 06-23-2012

(06-23-2012, 11:29 AM)georgehenrycollector Wrote: That's card shows in General. Dealers wanting to give as little as possible. Then the Vultures who hang around for the pickings. I stopped going after I went to my fifth show (held once a month) in a row and kept hearing from the same dang sellers "I HAVE A TON OF YOUR GUY.......AT HOME!!"

Some guys are ok and will give you a fair deal...mainly at the larger chain shows from what I've seen

RE: This grinds my gears: card show dealers this morning - georgehenrycollector - 06-23-2012

(06-23-2012, 11:32 AM)p18mann Wrote: Some guys are ok and will give you a fair deal...mainly at the larger chain shows from what I've seen

This is true they have a Houston show that comes down once every 3 months. That show has decent prices and better stuff. The Local monthly show is just the same deadbeat sellers with the same cards over and over.