Beckett Message Boards
Need Help With Card - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Basketball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Need Help With Card (/thread-1503457.html)

Need Help With Card - kevinr - 06-13-2012

Can someone give me some information about this card? It says on the back 10/18 but cannot find it on beckett as that, the only thing close is the /25 and that is what they have it graded as. Is this an error or is it that beckett just haven't put a price on this card yet? Why would they put /25 on it when it states /18 on the back of the card?

Thanks.

[Image: Bird.jpg]
[Image: Bird_0001.jpg]

RE: Need Help With Card - xstreaminsanity - 06-14-2012

Beckett doesn't always receive a checklist from the manufacturer. It's not like Beckett is an overlooking body and everything has to be reported to Beckett. Because of this, when they list stuff in the database, they do it based on the information they can gather. For instance, they may have been informed the Larry Bird was in the set and had that parallel, but they may have figured it had numbering just like the others in the set (assuming the rest are numbered to 25).

What I find interesting, is that you would think that since they graded it, they should/would have changed it in the database. Smile

RE: Need Help With Card - kevinr - 06-14-2012

(06-14-2012, 10:42 AM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: Beckett doesn't always receive a checklist from the manufacturer. It's not like Beckett is an overlooking body and everything has to be reported to Beckett. Because of this, when they list stuff in the database, they do it based on the information they can gather. For instance, they may have been informed the Larry Bird was in the set and had that parallel, but they may have figured it had numbering just like the others in the set (assuming the rest are numbered to 25).

What I find interesting, is that you would think that since they graded it, they should/would have changed it in the database. Smile

I'm sorry for the confusion I wasn't implying that beckett should change their database in anyway or that they are the overlooking body of the card world and don't see how you got that from my question. What I thought was that I might have had a card that had an error on it since they put it as being numbered to /25 when it clearly states /18 on the back. Your answer about the checklist is quite sufficient.

(06-14-2012, 11:11 AM)kevinr Wrote: I'm sorry for the confusion I wasn't implying that beckett should change their database in anyway or that they are the overlooking body of the card world and don't see how you got that from my question. What I thought was that I might have had a card that had an error on it since they put it as being numbered to /25 when it clearly states /18 on the back. Your answer about the checklist is quite sufficient.

I stated that for anyone's knowledge really. Smile I was also trying to state that there are many cards in the database where Beckett has a "reported" print run, but until they actually see it, they have no idea what it really is. There probably is no /25 version, only the /18 like you have. They should have changed it in their database when they received your card.

RE: Need Help With Card - kevinr - 06-14-2012

(06-14-2012, 11:15 AM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: I stated that anyone's knowledge really. Smile I was also trying to state that there are many cards in the database where Beckett has a "reported" print run, but until they actually see it, they have no idea what it really is. There probably is no /25 version, only the /18 like you have. They should have changed it in their database when they received your card.

Ah ok, but how would they know the database needs to be updated? Does the grading department flag cards like that and pass it on to the ones that would update the database or is their someway that someone like myself that has a card not listed can contact them?

(06-14-2012, 11:23 AM)kevinr Wrote: Ah ok, but how would they know the database needs to be updated? Does the grading department flag cards like that and pass it on to the ones that would update the database or is their someway that someone like myself that has a card not listed can contact them?

I don't believe they do, but they should. I assume that that they get the name to put on the top of the slab from the database. I would also assume that they verify the SN to make sure it's the right parallel. Just as you're not able to see a /18 in the system, I'm pretty sure they didn't as well. Therefore, I would hope that they would at least pass a note on to a person who could correct it.

RE: Need Help With Card - jpleazme805 - 06-15-2012

I would of thought that Beckett's Grading (BGS) side of their company would verify every card being graded to Beckett's database.. Since they are updating the grading serial number to the card listed in the database.. the problem would of been seen & investigated and/or updated..

That is a Bird card... too bad for all the chipped edges..

RE: Need Help With Card - bbills1999 - 06-15-2012

That card is Fake you can go ahead and send it to me ill destroy it for you Wink