Beckett Message Boards
What card(s) would you buy with $450? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Basketball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: What card(s) would you buy with $450? (/thread-1502322.html)

Pages: 1 2

What card(s) would you buy with $450? - newfiecomicguy1 - 06-05-2012

I just had a guy email me looking for a card that I had, basically my paypal account just jumped by $450. Now I have the horrible task of spending that on cards lol. I am considering some of these options

1. Jordan Fleer rc (probably get a 4 or 5)
or
2. Jordan auto (again cheaper one, maybe sott)
or
3. 4-5 cool Jordan cards. Either some GU with other bulls, vintage stars or older rare inserts.

or I could just buy a few modern rookies.

What would you do if you suddenly found yourself with $450 to just spend on cards to treat yourself?

RE: What card(s) would you buy with $450? - jeffrygraham - 06-05-2012

1. Jordan RC

RE: What card(s) would you buy with $450? - xstreaminsanity - 06-05-2012

I'm more about quantity over quality, so this may not appeal to anyone but me. First, I'd try to finish off all of my current sets (outside of 2011-12 Past & Present base and the Breakout sets) through Marketplace or COMC (or a combination). Once that's taken care of, then I'd try and buy in bulk as many Pistons cards I could that I don't have, starting with the cheapest. I figure, with $450, I could probably get 200+ Pistons needs after finishing off my sets (374 set needs, though some are Rose RC). Smile

RE: What card(s) would you buy with $450? - arod1973 - 06-05-2012

id buy 2-3 nice Jordan inserts from the 90s..

RE: What card(s) would you buy with $450? - djohn - 06-05-2012

I would try to get a few nice rookies, but I wouldn't go for the Jordan RC in anything under a 7 (NM) grade. Now you are pretty close if you add another $50 or so to being able to get a Jordan RC with a PSA or BGS 7. The Jordan Auto is a nice idea too. Personally, I would put $100 or so toward low dollar singles on COMC to fill in some random wants and finish off some sets. Put another $100 toward $10-$25 cards on eBay and then get a nice $250 card. I might pick up a PSA7 Topps Wayne Gretzky rookie on eBay for under $300, which would be a pretty nice addition to any collection.

RE: What card(s) would you buy with $450? - buckunteer - 06-05-2012

I would probably try to pick up a lower-end MJ auto, and with any cash leftover, look for a low-numbered PC card or two since Mitch Richmond stuff and stuff of guys in Ohio State jerseys can be had pretty reasonably most of the time.

RE: What card(s) would you buy with $450? - marquettewade3 - 06-05-2012

I'm more quality over quantity but a 4-5 grade wouldn't do it for me so I would go with a few Jordan's. If it were me I'd be looking for a Rose patch auto.

RE: What card(s) would you buy with $450? - creativemunky - 06-05-2012

You can get the Jordan rookie graded a 6 if you're patient. I got my BGS 7 at $500.

RE: What card(s) would you buy with $450? - newfiecomicguy1 - 06-05-2012

I love Rose but I am nervous spending high $$ on him. This is a tough injury for a player of his style. I doubt he will be as fast and he will likely not be as agressive going to the hole.

(06-05-2012, 03:00 PM)marquettewade3 Wrote: I'm more quality over quantity but a 4-5 grade wouldn't do it for me so I would go with a few Jordan's. If it were me I'd be looking for a Rose patch auto.

RE: What card(s) would you buy with $450? - got watcha want - 06-05-2012

(06-05-2012, 04:06 PM)creativemunky Wrote: You can get the Jordan rookie graded a 6 if you're patient. I got my BGS 7 at $500.

Agreed, if you want an MJ RC get one in that price range. Be patient and you can get one in that range.

I gave $570 for a BGS 8 in an older BGS slab. I then spent $5 on a reslabbing fee on my next BGS submission.