Beckett Message Boards
Box Breaks on Ebay - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+---- Forum: Box Breaks (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+---- Thread: Box Breaks on Ebay (/thread-1500262.html)

Pages: 1 2

Box Breaks on Ebay - ryanmo5 - 05-19-2012

How many of you take part in the box breaks posted on ebay? Have any of you that do take part in them ever gotten a good hit? I tried a couple and got nothing but a couple of commons. I bought the dbacks recently for a gypsy queen hobby box break and got all my dbacks which was pretty cool, only spent 3.00

RE: Box Breaks on Ebay - suzukmepa - 05-19-2012

I thought ebay canned box breaks on there? I paid 100.00 for a spot in triple threads break and the dude kept everyones money and cancelled his account. ebay was having too many issues like that so they made them illegal.

RE: Box Breaks on Ebay - chasescardcave - 05-19-2012

(05-19-2012, 11:14 AM)suzukmepa Wrote: I thought ebay canned box breaks on there? I paid 100.00 for a spot in triple threads break and the dude kept everyones money and cancelled his account. ebay was having too many issues like that so they made them illegal.
they're not illegal... just bought a few a week ago

RE: Box Breaks on Ebay - Krangry - 05-19-2012

I dont do ebay ones but ive done a few on blogtv. Best guy imo is thetruth17. Does a TON of high end group breaks, all live. You sign up in chat and then pay woth paypal before the break. Usually random team draws however. Hes got a good reputation ad ive seen some monster stuff pulled, and hes never screwed anyone over.

RE: Box Breaks on Ebay - JonnysCards - 05-19-2012

Truth17 is the best in the Biz I'll co sign on that!! I break with him regularly and hes pulled me Cam Newton Autos in Five star and other great hits. Blog is the best place to to breaks. Others I will recomend are SSalfi. BBEXPRESS, SoCalMisfit, RbiCRu& is a shop but Gussie does breaks and hes 100 percent too. I love doing breaks on blog, if you guys go on check me out Im JonnyBigHits!!

RE: Box Breaks on Ebay - commonguysports - 05-19-2012

I know BBexpress2 personally and his breaks are 100% have also herd the Truth is great also but his room gets over full and you have to wait in the waiting room witch can be a problem if you have a spot and need to do your picks for the draft! I am a Marketplace Dealer here and list breaks on Ebay under cardgame2cards and they have been cracking down on breaks on ebay as this week I couldn't even list them as a break I had to list them as a case rip which is definitely hurting my bids as people that look for them cant find them as easy.

Jeremy
CommonGuy Sports

RE: Box Breaks on Ebay - bustin 5 knots - 05-20-2012

They're usually a rip-off for the buyer. If you take the price of your slot, and multiply it by 30, it's usually well over the price for a hobby box. Also, I think they're kind of shady, as it wouldn't be very hard to edit out a nice card that was pulled and for the seller to keep it for himself.

RE: Box Breaks on Ebay - JonnysCards - 05-20-2012

Breaks may be like that on ebay, but never on Blogtv! I love my breaker friends on Blog, their the best and i trust them more then anyone in the industry. Thats cool you above know BB, he is great guy and if you talk to him tell him Jonny said Hi and Ill be around soon. Its awesome he has lil BB there too in the breaks. Truth is awesome to, all the bloggers are sweet. Love breakin with the guys, honestly got me more into cards, maybe a bad thing but I love what i do! Smile

RE: Box Breaks on Ebay - ryanmo5 - 05-21-2012

I've done it a few times and I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand I love it because I can't really afford the high end boxes and this gives me a chance to land a cool hit without getting into a bidding war for one on ebay. I also like it to get all the base cards for my favorite teams. I got 2 breaks for the dbacks for the new gypsy queen and got every base card plus a few others. The negatives I see are wasting money if you don't receive a hit and the trust factor. I have purchased about 15 of them so far off ebay and haven't gotten a hit yet. The gypsy queen was my best by far!

RE: Box Breaks on Ebay - commonguysports - 05-21-2012

As far as not getting hits that can happen as it sounds like you are doing just one box at a time. But as far as editing out hits that is why you only do breaks were they are live!!! I cant stress that more ONLY LIVE!!!! I sell my breaks on Ebay as I do not have a following on BlogTV like the other guys do but they are always live and recorded if you can't watch live. As far as them being sold way above actual cost, it is like that sometimes for higher end products but lots of people just do it for about what it costs them at the LCS plus their spot in the Break. The ones you do see on ebay are a bit higher than cost but Ebay Hits us with so many fees now its crazy! I just did a break last week for a case of 2012 Bowman and after Paypal and Ebay fees ebay got me for @$150 I think in the end I cleared $820 for a Hobby Case after it was all said and done or about $20 more than they go for on the bay. But there was some nice hits and we all had some fun!

Jeremy
CommonGuy Sports