Beckett Message Boards
FREE CARDS - gift thread...UPDATES 8/3/2012 - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+---- Forum: Trading (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-52.html)
+---- Thread: FREE CARDS - gift thread...UPDATES 8/3/2012 (/thread-1500117.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: FREE CARDS - gift thread...please read - acevanquish - 08-02-2012

No it should come soon. I tried to time them about the same. Already got email from topps that it shipped. I don't think everyone will be excited, just thinking she may do a cheer like your other did for Butler, but I don't know how much you guys like Hosmer so... we'll see.

RE: FREE CARDS - gift thread...please read - Phillies_Joe - 08-02-2012

Holy smokes grandam1697! Thanks so much for the boatload of cards....just got them & love them all especially the Rolen patch/ball patch card from your PC! Over and above what you needed to do Holmes! I'll follow-up and see what else I have to send your way....may be a little while as I don't think I have much of what is on your want list. (sorry, scanner acting up at the moment)

Keep playing it foward folks......nice to receive a little package at the end of a long workday!

RE: FREE CARDS - gift thread...please read - dbroockerd - 08-02-2012

(08-02-2012, 04:56 PM)acevanquish Wrote: No it should come soon. I tried to time them about the same. Already got email from topps that it shipped. I don't think everyone will be excited, just thinking she may do a cheer like your other did for Butler, but I don't know how much you guys like Hosmer so... we'll see.

Dude!!!! It came. Pictures will be posted tonight. There was excitement for sure.

(08-02-2012, 08:20 PM)nlsn200 Wrote: I didn't expect my mail box to be filled just didn't expect it to be filled with bills only that's why I put down the Indians as well with the way they are playing now I figured people would be begging someone to take them. Also if any of my postings upset any of you I am sorry didn't mean to come across that way

You didn't upset me. I'm just saying you did pick a powerful player. Now a ton are sending but the ones who are have been gracious. You have PMd me once I think but you don't have to send to everyone either. Send to the few who have helped you if you like.

RE: FREE CARDS - gift thread...please read - eharris3abc - 08-02-2012

(07-30-2012, 08:38 AM)dbroockerd Wrote: I'm not getting many PMs anymore. I think guys have stopped sending. I currently don't have a lot of funds until the July bills get paid. This thread has quite a few members but only about 12-15 of them actually send stuff. The others are free loading off the thread.

On top of that the members I do send to very rarely are posting. I wonder if that's happening to others. Ryan is the only one who has posted really about what I sent.

I don't care about the credit but I want people to know when I send so they don't think I'm free loading too.

Derek you can remove me from the list now as I am deployed and it would not be fair for people to send cards and me not able to send back. I do not think I have received any since I left because my wife would have mentioned it. I will jump back in once I get back this winter. Thanks
ELliott

(08-02-2012, 10:02 PM)eharris3abc Wrote: Derek you can remove me from the list now as I am deployed and it would not be fair for people to send cards and me not able to send back. I do not think I have received any since I left because my wife would have mentioned it. I will jump back in once I get back this winter. Thanks
ELliott

I'll leave you on and just tell people if they ask you can accept right now.

RE: FREE CARDS - gift thread...please read - jtwellsnyy51188 - 08-02-2012

Put me down for Bernie Williams & Phil Hughes. I have tons of cards to move, this will be good.

RE: FREE CARDS - gift thread...please read - boult81 - 08-03-2012

Can you put me down for Kershaw & Kemp (only until Oct 10th 2012) I will send more then I receive for sure. Over the past couple years I have just been putting stacks of cards in the baseball field dugouts at a high school near my house. I have also already sent a few packages of free cards out to other Beckett members. So I mind as well make it official and be on the list.

RE: FREE CARDS - gift thread...please read - dbroockerd - 08-03-2012

(08-02-2012, 04:56 PM)acevanquish Wrote: No it should come soon. I tried to time them about the same. Already got email from topps that it shipped. I don't think everyone will be excited, just thinking she may do a cheer like your other did for Butler, but I don't know how much you guys like Hosmer so... we'll see.

Man I have a great picture of her opening the card on my cellbu the dumb thing won't load. I can email it or text it to you if you wanna PM me. I want you to see it.

For those reading. My daughter received a Die Cut Hosmer from his Topps account. It was addressed to her. She was so so excited.

Thanks again!

RE: FREE CARDS - gift thread...please read - acevanquish - 08-03-2012

Someone else out there has an unknown hand in making this all happen too. The day before I planned to send out the Billy Butler, someone on Topps offered me the Hosmer for Sandoval. Before that I tried to trade Sandoval for a handful of other players several times and felt like I was going to be stuck with him. I already got the Nolan Ryan by trading other unlocked cards and was just looking for anyone else I have mild interest in. I was worried about the girls being upset over who gets the Butler card and even messaged dbroockerd to ask if either had the card so I could give it to the other. The trade offer on Topps was very well timed and something I would not have thought of on my own. Everything came together beautifully and I was able to make things as fair as possible for all of your kids.