Beckett Message Boards
accidentally bought a Gems of the Game...yuck! - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+---- Forum: Box Breaks (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-7.html)
+---- Thread: accidentally bought a Gems of the Game...yuck! (/thread-1498391.html)

Pages: 1 2

accidentally bought a Gems of the Game...yuck! - swjrp10 - 05-02-2012

Well, I meant to buy a hockey one, because those are actually decent...I grabbed the last box of it in the hockey stack, bought it, opened it...and it wasnt hockey! LOL I GRABBED A CRAPPY FOOTBALL ONE (not hating football, just the football stuff in it sucks lol)

Well I got a jersey...2006 Upper Deck Rookie Exclusives Brandon Marshall (shockingly, i actually hit this card back in 2006 when I busted a hobby box and I STILL HAVE IT...so now theres 2 lol)

and the rest of the "hits"
2008 Prestige Darren McFadden RC
2010 Prestige Lonyae Miller RC
2009 Icons Class of 2009 James Laurinaitis RC /450

...yep...that was dumb of me lol

RE: accidentally bought a Gems of the Game...yuck! - mooncricket916 - 05-02-2012

(05-02-2012, 08:58 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: Well, I meant to buy a hockey one, because those are actually decent...I grabbed the last box of it in the hockey stack, bought it, opened it...and it wasnt hockey! LOL I GRABBED A CRAPPY FOOTBALL ONE (not hating football, just the football stuff in it sucks lol)

Well I got a jersey...2006 Upper Deck Rookie Exclusives Brandon Marshall (shockingly, i actually hit this card back in 2006 when I busted a hobby box and I STILL HAVE IT...so now theres 2 lol)

and the rest of the "hits"
2008 Prestige Darren McFadden RC
2010 Prestige Lonyae Miller RC
2009 Icons Class of 2009 James Laurinaitis RC /450

...yep...that was dumb of me lol

I've seen those and always wondered if they were any good. Sounds like no lol. I actually just hit the biggest pull out of a blaster that I ever had. Nothing crazy but a Gronkowski auto form classics Smile Still wondering about trying one of those gems boxes though

RE: accidentally bought a Gems of the Game...yuck! - chrisjoy - 05-02-2012

I bought 1 of the football gems a while back and my hit was a Peyton Manning rookie with a facimile auto. people on E-bay were selling it as a real auto when its not. at least its a Manning rookie.

RE: accidentally bought a Gems of the Game...yuck! - swjrp10 - 05-02-2012

The hockey ones are good because, unlike most sports, REGULAR RCS ARE WORTH MONEY lol I hit a John Tavares RC from a pack of my Gems that is worth about 50 bucks!

RE: accidentally bought a Gems of the Game...yuck! - ZeroDave - 05-03-2012

Now I've had some good luck with my Gem's of the Game Boxes. Several were "hot" with game used or autographs in every pack. Had a PSA 10 Upper Deck Adrian Peterson Rc come from them, along with several other things. Most recently got a Marshall Faulk insert that was worth more than the box, but graded gem mint..which add more value to it.

RE: accidentally bought a Gems of the Game...yuck! - babyboychris123 - 05-03-2012

I gems of the game boxes every now and then. Highest i ever hit was a 1997 tony gonzalez rookie graded WCG 10

RE: accidentally bought a Gems of the Game...yuck! - alstott9adams - 05-03-2012

sorry hockey ones are loaded

RE: accidentally bought a Gems of the Game...yuck! - ryanmo5 - 05-04-2012

I've bought around 10 baseball and 2 basketball gems of the game, baseball is an absolute waste of time the hit card has been garbage every time. Basketball has been good to me!

RE: accidentally bought a Gems of the Game...yuck! - babyboychris123 - 05-05-2012

whats better buying by packs or boxes like gem of the game?

RE: accidentally bought a Gems of the Game...yuck! - swjrp10 - 05-05-2012

(05-05-2012, 02:34 AM)babyboychris123 Wrote: whats better buying by packs or boxes like gem of the game?

depends on the sport and your luck. Sometimes, these repacks have good packs. Once I had one that had 2 hobby packs in them, both of which were guaranteed hits. This one, obviously had nothing.

In hockey, you get significantly better packs, idk why but you do. For example I had a pack of MVP and pulled a 50 dollar RC out of it. It's all just personal preference.

Frankly, you should never "just buy packs," if you have to buy something you should probably do blasters. Pack searchers are everywhere, and they will take all the good stuff, assuming there's any good stuff there to begin with!