Beckett Message Boards
how do you store your cards? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Hockey (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: how do you store your cards? (/thread-1497887.html)

Pages: 1 2

how do you store your cards? - eldapeeze - 04-28-2012

I'm curious. I have always stored my cards in 9 card binder sheets in binders. What are some ways you store them, and what is the most recommended way? Thanks.

RE: how do you store your cards? - newfiecomicguy1 - 04-28-2012

I store my cards in my vintage opc card lockers. I also store some stuff in binders, large card storafe boxes and top loaders for higher end stuff.

[Image: Box003.jpg]

[Image: Box004.jpg]

RE: how do you store your cards? - pens fan addict - 04-28-2012

I have mine organized in a dresser....these are older pics..... it has since been pimped out with graphics on the side,
the dresser is way better than a bunch of 5k white boxes.

[Image: cardfile4.jpg]
[Image: Cardfile1.jpg]
[Image: cardfile2.jpg]

RE: how do you store your cards? - pierre123456 - 04-28-2012

Here is my set-up

[Image: 4876460_orig.jpg]
[Image: 1653999_orig.jpg]

On the top

[Image: 7391184_orig.jpg]
[Image: 2505594_orig.jpg]

RE: how do you store your cards? - twobroscards - 04-28-2012

Great question and thanks to everyone for sharing the pics. I have always wondered myself how everyone else stores their cards. I myself use the standard white storage boxes that you find in any card shop. As far as organizing them, I go by card type and then year (RC, Auto, Game-Used, etc... and then by year) For me, this makes it easier when finding cards when I trade.

Hopefully one day I will be lucky enough to have a "showcase" room where I can display all of my PC cards on the wall or in display cases. But for now the white boxes will have to do.

RE: how do you store your cards? - The-Joker - 04-28-2012

I previously liquidated my collection and just re-entered the hobby this past month, so I don't need a very large storage set-up... yet. Right now this is how I store what I have collected so far - since they are 100% traders I don't really care to separate them by team or player, they are loosely arranged by value though (moving towards the back of the box, BV goes down - first row is mostly Crosby and Malkin):

[Image: IMG_1934.jpg]

Oh, and I'm a college student, so yes - this is under my bed. I literally sleep on my cards. Try your best, card-thieves!

RE: how do you store your cards? - dam1057 - 04-28-2012

I use binders and Ultra Pro pages for the most part, even for some 1/1 and other low print runs. I am sure it sounds crazy to some, but I like thumbing through the binders and looking at my stuff. I do have a few high end cards in the screw down or magnetic holders. They just get stacked neatly in some boxes and sit there.

RE: how do you store your cards? - eldapeeze - 04-28-2012

(04-28-2012, 09:05 PM)dam1057 Wrote: I use binders and Ultra Pro pages for the most part, even for some 1/1 and other low print runs. I am sure it sounds crazy to some, but I like thumbing through the binders and looking at my stuff. I do have a few high end cards in the screw down or magnetic holders. They just get stacked neatly in some boxes and sit there.

Me too. I like to not only look at them but touch them, especially if it's a jersey card.

RE: how do you store your cards? - chads-cards - 04-29-2012

Those are some really cool set ups...whoever wants to come sort my inventory lmk! lol

RE: how do you store your cards? - onoxxxregretso - 04-29-2012

I have about 25 white storage boxes that are complete sets/near complete sets that I got from a guy who bought a whole collection from a card store. I have a 5k box for my PC cards and those are all inside toploaders. Then there is another blue tupperware type thing which has cards (not in my org yet) sorted alphabetically by player.

Eventually when everything gets put into my org I'm going to cut down on the amount of boxes and combine things together because right now my collection takes up a lot of space.